The Greatest Online Finish in 2k history? - Page 4 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

The Greatest Online Finish in 2k history?

This is a discussion on The Greatest Online Finish in 2k history? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen

Old 02-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #31
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: The Greatest Online Finish in 2k history?

i don't think i would even call it cheeser basketball...i would just call it bad basketball. it's not like they were using repetitive moves that couldn't be stopped...they were just giving each other wide open shots by playing terrible defense and mashing the block button constantly.

Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 02-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #32
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
i don't think i would even call it cheeser basketball...i would just call it bad basketball. it's not like they were using repetitive moves that couldn't be stopped...they were just giving each other wide open shots by playing terrible defense and mashing the block button constantly.
It was more so directed to them, we only saw one quarter who knows how the rest of the game looked. But I'm not going to bash them. Cheesers might be give the ball to one person no matter if they're double teamed. Cheesers might shoot 3's just because cheesing is just unrealistic basketball. Just lack of a basketball strategy can be considered cheesing.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 4
I was actually mislead. I respect if you're just messing around having a good time but I'm sure people were expecting a competitive, nail-biting game rather than two players playing like goofballs before watching a 7 minute video. If you didn't want criticism for comments I don't think this thread would have any comments.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
Old 02-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #34
MVP

cardinalbird7's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzo
Well operation sports is kind of a place for sim sports game players. You bought a basketball sim game to play it like nba jam, then you record a game that's like everything that simulation is not. Besides that, both of you play absolutely brain neutral even for casual sports gamers, making plays that give the other player a better chance to win, then you label it "the greatest online finish in 2k history" and post it on a sim sports game forums.

I don't think you could've expected for a different reaction here. People probably thought they were mislead by the title and instead of seeing an awesome comeback or teams trading a few clutch shots within a minute, they had to watch two guys turbo down the floor and shoot relentlessly, and it just so happened that most of those shots went in.

EDIT: Please record that game you're about to play and post on youtube.
We played but he didn't record it. I used the Hawks and he had the Knicks the first game and won by double digits. I don't remember the score. I feel cheesy every time I use the Hawks, because I have these back doors for Josh Smith that most people cannot guard. Second game I used Dallas and he had the Clippers. I was up pretty big to begin the game and I was playing very slow tempo. He came back, but all of his points were putback dunks or cherry pick dunks.

He might record it if we play later, but I don't know. He does abuse the x button a little bit, but he definitely isn't a cheesy player that abuses anything. If you watched our games I might be considered more cheesy (when I used ATL), but that is really the only way to use them. Josh Smith only good/great abilities are his spin dunk/layup and spin shot. When I used Dallas I ran a play almost every time down. It was incredibly easy to get open shots, because he gets his players so far out of position by smashing the x and y button.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

looks like both players lack defense. However, Chris Paul had a good game if it's not broke don't fix it. I'm sure both players eventually ran into a brick wall some where down the line.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #36
Banned

houstonsdream's Arena

OVR: 6

1.deandre jordan from the midrange jumpshot with his super low rating? fail for online rookie ranked games

excessive layups through D with no contact , david lee/monta ellis over blake with 0 contact

Last edited by houstonsdream; 02-20-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:28 PM   #37
Pro

Pitfighter87's Arena

OVR: 10

Thats was HORRIBLE clock managemaent by the Clips.I dont think the shot clock got below 18 on either side of the ball.It was a crazy finish i guess but it was also some ugly basketball bein played.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:40 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah, not usually a great idea to jack up contested jumpshots 3 seconds into the shot clock when you're up 10 with a few minutes to go. Glad you guys had fun, though.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:18 PM   #39
Banned

houstonsdream's Arena

OVR: 6

they played arcadey because 2k makes the game this way for online play for some reason. Notice NONE of their bench players were used along. offense is just layups, pullup/fading midange jumpshots and reaching for steals 80% of the time. Online in general is on a low difficulty so its whatever.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:42 PM   #40
Pro

Pitfighter87's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonsdream
they played arcadey because 2k makes the game this way for online play for some reason. Notice NONE of their bench players were used along. offense is just layups, pullup/fading midange jumpshots and reaching for steals 80% of the time. Online in general is on a low difficulty so its whatever.
2k doesnt MAKE you play this way its just how alot of people online play.If you have two sim players playin it can be some of the most beautiful video game basketball ever

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »