What is the percentage of you playing with classic teams? - Operation Sports Forums
Home

What is the percentage of you playing with classic teams?

This is a discussion on What is the percentage of you playing with classic teams? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
View Poll Results: What is the percentage of you playing with classic teams?
0-25% 46 62.16%
25-50% 10 13.51%
50-75% 7 9.46%
75-100% 11 14.86%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2012, 07:20 AM   #1
TOMBA IS ONLINE
 
OVR: 65
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ONLINE
Posts: 7,010
Blog Entries: 100
What is the percentage of you playing with classic teams?

How many of you still play and/or have always played with classic teams?

0-25%
25-50%
50-75%
75-100%

__________________
PSN/GamerTag
TOMBAONLINE
Friend Tomba @ OS Arena
http://www.operationsports.com/Tomba/arena/


Tomba is offline  
Reply With Quote
Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 02-14-2012, 07:31 AM   #2
Go Spurs Go
 
The 24th Letter's Arena
 
OVR: 38
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 23,204
Blog Entries: 1
I play the 87 Lakers with random classic teams in just about every session on have with the game...because they are extremely hard to beat...I think im like 10-20 against them....

Stupid James Worthy
The 24th Letter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:40 AM   #3
TOMBA IS ONLINE
 
OVR: 65
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ONLINE
Posts: 7,010
Blog Entries: 100
Re: What is the percentage of you playing with classic teams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I play the 87 Lakers with random classic teams in just about every session on have with the game...because they are extremely hard to beat...I think im like 10-20 against them....

Stupid James Worthy

Do you feel 2kSports did a good job at making classic teams play like their former selves?

Thanks for voting my man
__________________
PSN/GamerTag
TOMBAONLINE
Friend Tomba @ OS Arena
http://www.operationsports.com/Tomba/arena/


Tomba is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:33 AM   #4
Banned
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Jun 2007
Re: What is the percentage of you playing with classic teams?

I've got the game for a month now and i played the classic team matchup for the first time yesterday which i liked a lot, playing with john stockton and malone vs young kobe and shaq reminded me of old live 98 times with a lot more cheerished stuff and per se; that i'm sure i will play a lot more with them from now on!
ataman5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:55 AM   #5
Go Spurs Go
 
The 24th Letter's Arena
 
OVR: 38
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 23,204
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Do you feel 2kSports did a good job at making classic teams play like their former selves?

Thanks for voting my man
I do! Magic got a triple double on me yesterday, Kareem dominated in side, Worthy showed his all around game...

I really enjoy the classic teams....even though some are a little overpowered...
The 24th Letter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:19 AM   #6
TOMBA IS ONLINE
 
OVR: 65
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ONLINE
Posts: 7,010
Blog Entries: 100
Re: What is the percentage of you playing with classic teams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I do! Magic got a triple double on me yesterday, Kareem dominated in side, Worthy showed his all around game...

I really enjoy the classic teams....even though some are a little overpowered...
yeah i feel like 2Ksports rated the classic teams a lot better
__________________
PSN/GamerTag
TOMBAONLINE
Friend Tomba @ OS Arena
http://www.operationsports.com/Tomba/arena/


Tomba is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:20 AM   #7
DJ
#DallasToDallas
 
DJ's Arena
 
OVR: 47
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 13,384
Blog Entries: 100
Re: What is the percentage of you playing with classic teams?

Pretty much the only mode I play is Greatest Mode. I think 2K did a decent job with the teams, but some are a little overpowered due to the ratings.
__________________
I will not buy a PS4 in 2014.

Currently Playing:
Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS)
MLB 14 The Show (Vita/PS3)
Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (DSi)
The Last of Us (PS3)
NHL 15 (360)
NBA 2K15 (360)
NCAA 14 (360)
Madden 25 (360)
DJ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #8
Banned
 
thuglife74's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Nov 2011
Re: What is the percentage of you playing with classic teams?

honestly it's the only teams i play with, lol. also, the only present day teams i play against are the bulls, heat and lakers. being from chicago you can guess i enjoy playing with the various eras of bulls teams and what's fun about it is trying to emulate the different styles of play from those respected eras. a good example is constantly driving to the basket with early jordan, and utilizing mj's jumpers and fadeaways during the later years.

i think 2k did a great job with the classic teams, and also the classic mode. to be able to really appreciate them all i think you have to have grown up watching bball during the nba's golden era of the 80's and 90's (imo).

according to your poll it seems 75% of the people on here don't use classic teams much. goes to show you the majority of the heads here are youngsters. thanks for creating a quality discussion thread - nice to see and reply to one for a change! what about you tomba?

Last edited by thuglife74; 02-14-2012 at 09:59 AM.
thuglife74 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:59 AM   #9
Pro
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Nov 2003
Re: What is the percentage of you playing with classic teams?

I'd play a lot more of the classic teams if they were unlocked from the start (or there was a code) or if you could play the Greatest Mode against another human not computer. Most of the time I play this with some friends so no one wants to watch someone play the comp
kbmnm247 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #10
TOMBA IS ONLINE
 
OVR: 65
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: ONLINE
Posts: 7,010
Blog Entries: 100
Re: What is the percentage of you playing with classic teams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuglife74
honestly it's the only teams i play with, lol. also, the only present day teams i play against are the bulls, heat and lakers. being from chicago you can guess i enjoy playing with the various eras of bulls teams and what's fun about it is trying to emulate the different styles of play from those respected eras. a good example is constantly driving to the basket with early jordan, and utilizing mj's jumpers and fadeaways during the later years.

i think 2k did a great job with the classic teams, and also the classic mode. to be able to really appreciate them all i think you have to have grown up watching bball during the nba's golden era of the 80's and 90's (imo).

according to your poll it seems 75% of the people on here don't use classic teams much. goes to show you the majority of the heads here are youngsters. thanks for creating a quality discussion thread - nice to see and reply to one for a change! what about you tomba?
I LOVE classic teams. I agree with the few that have mentioned these teams being rated a bit high but they are classic teams of a gone era that should be almost taken into a lore aspect(you know the talk of legends lol)

I posted this because when the lockout was happening I feel that 2k FOCUSED on getting classic teams to play right. we have over 30 classic teams to choose from and probably 4 to 5 really go match ups to play with.
__________________
PSN/GamerTag
TOMBAONLINE
Friend Tomba @ OS Arena
http://www.operationsports.com/Tomba/arena/


Tomba is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 AM.

Top -