Love this Game......if when i passed it went to the right guy - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Love this Game......if when i passed it went to the right guy

This is a discussion on Love this Game......if when i passed it went to the right guy within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen

Old 10-08-2011, 12:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Love this Game......if when i passed it went to the right guy

NBA2K does so many things great, i love all the new additions and even the new way to control almost everything on the court, i will say its harder the 2k11 and shows its not just a backyard basketball game, you have to run your offense and pick away in the post, clean the glass etc.....but what is very frustrating is i finally get past the defender and only have one guy to beat with nobody around besides a player under the basket, i still do some crazy pass to a team mate not even in the view...i know theres a total control passing and all that but i mean seriously?

Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 10-08-2011, 01:33 AM   #2
Banned

SIZEqueen's Arena

OVR: 7
Passing this year is much improved. Mind you I still wish for control of my pass type and speed, but I can honestly say maybe once a game do I throw a pass to the wrong guy. Compared to 2k11, I wouldn't even mention it.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:40 AM   #3
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Love this Game......if when i passed it went to the right guy

You have the ability to use icon passing.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:13 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
You have the ability to use icon passing.
Except doing so isn't feasable out of a jumpshot, is too slow when the situation calls for a touch pass/or a quick pass, and shouldn't be as necessary when there's clearly only one guy in a particular direction. As was said it isn't NEARLY as bad as in 2K11 (good lord that was just god awful), but there are some situations that cause flashbacks.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:18 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rook2121
what is very frustrating is i finally get past the defender and only have one guy to beat with nobody around besides a player under the basket, i still do some crazy pass to a team mate not even in the view
I couldn't agree more... how about when you are finally able to drive thru the traffic toward the basket and you hit x or shotstick and for no reason at all, the player stop dead and do nothing at all, or worse, pass the ball for no reason, hello i clicked the shooting button/stick, what the hell??
Old 10-10-2011, 01:43 AM   #6
Rookie

So does anyone think a patch could fix that at all? Or is the best bet gona be on 2k13? Ehh
Old 10-10-2011, 02:34 AM   #7
Rookie

Also, tricky/nifty/no look/fancy passes seem to happen a lot more with directional passing. When I play with Steve Nash, icon passing always results in a handful of straightforward animations passing to the target. Directional passing, however, often results in a cool animation that catches my opponent off-guard. I like directional passing when I have enough confidence I can make it. Generally, it seems to work well, unless you are passing into an area where you have multiple teammates in close proximity of each other.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:34 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 4

Good examples of the excellent passing.
From my fun game in association Piston(ME) vs NETS(CPU) a couple years down.
Superstar 10min quarters. with slightly tweaked sliders for 3pt shot and for more fouls.
Not complaining im used to it and I blew them out 92-72.

I was pressing icon pass at 7sec mark.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DpsH..._order&list=UL

Only if we could all pass like this though. I was controlling Flyn on the perimeter, this was cpu vs cpu.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wkfv...der&playnext=1

No I dont want to pass it to the Open cutter down the middle for the easy bucket, I rather pass to the corner right into the defense. I was automatically put into the post animation for some wierd reason.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THnSuflK8NE

Last edited by DonWuan; 10-10-2011 at 02:45 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:30 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2

I couldn't agree more with this thread, I thought it was just me. I changed cams from Broadcast to Beluba to 2k, none of it mattered. Icon passing is the only solution, but that gets frustrating because sometimes I forget that my SG has moved to SF and I hit the wrong button. Even if I'm pointing the left stick toward the player I want to pass to, it seems there's a 50/50 chance that pass will go to some other random player.

I see a lot of threads where people are complaining. This year is still better than last years, but it's definitely not perfect. I don't mind losing to the computer when it's realistic but little stuff like this seems to add up to cheap losses because the A.I is quick to exploit it and get cheese points no matter who they're playing with.

My solution has been to try to live on Icon Passing... Good Luck.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:05 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotobu
Except doing so isn't feasable out of a jumpshot, is too slow when the situation calls for a touch pass/or a quick pass, and shouldn't be as necessary when there's clearly only one guy in a particular direction. As was said it isn't NEARLY as bad as in 2K11 (good lord that was just god awful), but there are some situations that cause flashbacks.
IMO 2k11's passing was much better but i agree with everything else u said

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »