Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread - Page 218 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen

Old 01-25-2012, 01:15 PM   #2171
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA 2K12 My Player Thread

Has anyone got more than 14 mil a year after your rookie contract.
6'6 SG 97ovr
1 MVP
2 Finals MVP
1 Defensive Player
Old 01-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #2172
Pro

It seems that ever since my PG became an All-Star and being referred to as a "star" (Key Game: Star Player Matchup) everytime I post up or drive to the hole, I seem to get more fouls, which of course are easy points.

And what makes players have a star icon beside their name. I obviously have one because my MP is an All-Star, but how is it determined, because I see other players like Iggy have the star by their name, as well as players who obviously will have it, like Dwight, Kobe, LeBron, D-Rose, etc.

Last edited by K.So; 01-25-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #2173
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.So
It seems that ever since my PG became an All-Star and being referred to as a "star" (Key Game: Star Player Matchup) everytime I post up or drive to the hole, I seem to get more fouls, which of course are easy points.

And what makes players have a star icon beside their name. I obviously have one because my MP is an All-Star, but how is it determined, because I see other players like Iggy have the star by their name, as well as players who obviously will have it, like Dwight, Kobe, LeBron, D-Rose, etc.
Its based on you OVR. I got star status somewhere in the 80's, maybe between 85-88, can't really remember. I noticed that I was getting more calls too, so I started to go strong more often. Well, then it seemed like the cpu defense adjusted to my tendency to drive. Because I started to get my shot swatted more often and my defender started to anticipate my drive and cut off my lane. So now my go to move is to fake a drive and drop a stepback J in their face. Thing of beauty.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:25 PM   #2174
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuruptOwnz
Anyone figure out how to limit the frequency of key games?
My god I wish that was my problem. I am a SF for the Bobcats and apparently their only key game is against the Hornets. Seriously, I simmed though a whole season and my only key games were first pro game and two games against the Hornets. Just because the Hornets used to play in Charlotte I guess that means that we are enemies???
Old 01-25-2012, 06:27 PM   #2175
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
PS Network: Sho_Nufff

Just started my first season, as a 6'7 all around SF, for the Hawks, I was drafted by the Bucks but I demanded a trade. I play 8 min quarters. Im strait grabage, rating 62, how do I get better faster. What are some secretes, to getting more SP points. I want to start, tired of coming off the pine!
Old 01-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #2176
MVP

OVR: 14
PS Network: NC_Catastrophe

Quote:
Originally Posted by amac373
My god I wish that was my problem. I am a SF for the Bobcats and apparently their only key game is against the Hornets. Seriously, I simmed though a whole season and my only key games were first pro game and two games against the Hornets. Just because the Hornets used to play in Charlotte I guess that means that we are enemies???
Being a SF your key games should also be against LeBron, KD and Melo.
Old 01-25-2012, 07:36 PM   #2177
All Star

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
PS Network: money004

Even at 90 Ball Security, my PG consistency gets the ball stolen from me. I can keep down the bad passes, but I am getting swiped from all positions. It mainly happens when I get inside the high post. I just had a game where I had 7 TOs in the 1st quarter alone. It seems like I have to get it to 99 before I start going inside more.
I will turn "Run Plays" back on. Mainly so I can get other players involved again.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #2178
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
Being a SF your key games should also be against LeBron, KD and Melo.
Only when u r already a starter. If not, just ur nba debut and rival game. I would recommend people to play a lot of games early in the career (Or even a whole first season) At least before start simming, cracking a starting line-up first.

I'm on T-Wolves 5th season and I have more than 30 key games, I think. Too many for me at this point.

Rival with Denver and Jazz.
Match up against any star SG with rating at least 85: Mav (Iggy at 85), 76ers (generated player at 89, 1st overall draft to 76ers due to the glitch), Lakers (Kobe, at age 37 he is still at 85), GS (Ellis), OKC (Harden at 88), Kings (Tyreke rate 92) and Grizz (Mayo rate 87)
Old 01-25-2012, 08:52 PM   #2179
Rookie

OVR: 3

Anyone know how to use Air Jordan layup package? I already purchased it but I can't use any move from the package yet (Both in game and shootaround) is there a specific situations or specific commands i need to activate it?

Thinking about MJ's runner too but if I struggle to pull MJ's lay up. Not sure it is worth to buy a runner package from him if I don't know how to use it.

Last edited by nbanoname; 01-25-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:54 PM   #2180
Pro

So my Rookie Scoring PG is doing pretty decent, and started after Game 12 of the schedule, and started at PG in Game 14.

22.0 PPG (10th NBA)
10.7 APG (1st NBA)
1.2 BPG (20th NBA)

We've been doing a good group jump moving the ball around and getting everyone involved, and that seems to be working extremely well, as we're 2nd in the East behind the Heat. I became an All-Star this season, but I want to get more players in our rotation set up for scores. The auto play-calling is mostly for Amar'e, 'Melo and than me. How can I get more plays to be run for others?

Do I have to adjust D'Antoni's Coaching Sliders? Or is there a way to do it besides manual play-calling for the individual, as I haven't completely examined and experienced all the plays to know which is best for the circumstance.

Thanks.

===

It's also incredible how many Key Games I am getting. For now, they're good for the 2X SP bonus so around 4,500 SP for each of those games:

Mavericks: Kidd
Nets: Williams
Raptors: Calderon (he's been going off this season)
Bulls: Rose
Bucks: Jennings
Wizards: Wall
Celtics: Rondo
Rockets: Lowry
Clippers: Paul
Nuggets: Lawson
Thunder: Westbrook
Warriors: Curry
Suns: Nash
Spurs: Parker

lol, that's nearly half the league.

Last edited by K.So; 01-25-2012 at 08:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »