NBA 2K12 - Inevitability (Sim Citi) - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

NBA 2K12 - Inevitability (Sim Citi)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 - Inevitability (Sim Citi) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2011, 10:08 PM   #17
MVP
 
stillfeelme's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Aug 2010
Re: NBA 2K12 - Inevitability (Sim Citi)

One play and all those all those options. You can do so much with this one play, bluff the 2 in different directions, use the 2 if you want to take the three, screen and rub with the point guard, isolate the 3, run a pick and fade with the 1 and 4. I know the players do a lot more off the ball movement this year but this makes me want to run even more plays. I don't know if the Czar can post this but is this a persistant offense play?
stillfeelme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:27 PM   #18
Pro
 
RipCity71252's Arena
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Aug 2009
Re: NBA 2K12 - Inevitability (Sim Citi)

If I remember correctly, Rob Jones said the "persistent offense" plays where more focused on getting the stars involved if the D is overplaying. This play probably would fall under the new sets with "living branches."
__________________
My NBA 2K15 Signature Edits

PSN: JCary373
RipCity71252 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:47 PM   #19
23
Death Stare in Dallas
 
23's Arena
 
OVR: 65
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 56,143
Blog Entries: 4
Re: NBA 2K12 - Inevitability (Sim Citi)

Fantastic breakdown, Czar!

I hope the cpu is that deadly too
23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:22 AM   #20
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION
 
Da_Czar's Arena
 
OVR: 61
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Sim Citi
Posts: 4,884
Blog Entries: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
One play and all those all those options. You can do so much with this one play, bluff the 2 in different directions, use the 2 if you want to take the three, screen and rub with the point guard, isolate the 3, run a pick and fade with the 1 and 4. I know the players do a lot more off the ball movement this year but this makes me want to run even more plays. I don't know if the Czar can post this but is this a persistant offense play?
Haha nope. Actually this is Just a regular play. The persisten offense plays give you multiple options for the same player. So if it's a Persistent play for carmelo. The it gives you multiple options to get HIM the ball.

This was just a regular play for the Celtics with living branches.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Catch me on that SimNation Radio show Friday's @ 7:00 pm est http://www.blogtalkradio.com/daczar
Da_Czar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:29 AM   #21
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION
 
Da_Czar's Arena
 
OVR: 61
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Sim Citi
Posts: 4,884
Blog Entries: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Fantastic breakdown, Czar!

I hope the cpu is that deadly too
Thanks Dre. The thing is sometimes the cpu flows so well between branches if you don't know the play you can't tell they have branched.

It was beyond awesome to me to deny the post and have the cpu use the persistent branch to still get that player the ball.

I wouldn't expect it to always work flawlessly but it's fun when it does.

Knowing 2k tho it's only going to get better with time as far as tge AI's ability to understand what your trying to do and counter.

For strategy heads this starts to even the playing field a little bit. So that the cpu doesn't have break it's attack and freelance at the first sign of trouble.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

__________________
Catch me on that SimNation Radio show Friday's @ 7:00 pm est http://www.blogtalkradio.com/daczar
Da_Czar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements
Old 09-12-2011, 10:15 AM   #22
MVP
 
aloncho11's Arena
 
OVR: 61
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,395
Blog Entries: 2
Re: NBA 2K12 - Inevitability (Sim Citi)

Awesome stuff! "The Inevitability of buying this game"
aloncho11 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:26 AM   #23
MVP
 
stillfeelme's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Aug 2010
Re: NBA 2K12 - Inevitability (Sim Citi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Haha nope. Actually this is Just a regular play. The persisten offense plays give you multiple options for the same player. So if it's a Persistent play for carmelo. The it gives you multiple options to get HIM the ball.

This was just a regular play for the Celtics with living branches.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can't wait to play and see this in action. I can't think of another sport where you would have this many options every play possession, maybe soccer, or hockey. To see this in a video game is crazy.
stillfeelme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:32 AM   #24
23
Death Stare in Dallas
 
23's Arena
 
OVR: 65
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 56,143
Blog Entries: 4
Re: NBA 2K12 - Inevitability (Sim Citi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Thanks Dre. The thing is sometimes the cpu flows so well between branches if you don't know the play you can't tell they have branched.

It was beyond awesome to me to deny the post and have the cpu use the persistent branch to still get that player the ball.

I wouldn't expect it to always work flawlessly but it's fun when it does.

Knowing 2k tho it's only going to get better with time as far as tge AI's ability to understand what your trying to do and counter.

For strategy heads this starts to even the playing field a little bit. So that the cpu doesn't have break it's attack and freelance at the first sign of trouble.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


That's the thing ID did so well though...they had plays just like that and you could never tell where the hit was coming from

I can't believe we will ever reach that games level of relentless AI because it was almost too perfect lol, but you had to stay on your toes always
23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 AM.

Top -