What should Blake Griffin be rated? - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

What should Blake Griffin be rated?

This is a discussion on What should Blake Griffin be rated? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen

Old 01-18-2011, 06:03 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: What should Blake Griffin be rated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammofan
He should be rated way higher than Gerald Wallace and Stephen Jackson. Im just saying that because Im a Griffin fan and a huge Cats fan. No wayn jack/Crash should be higher than Blake.....maybe Blake should be a 85-88? He is averaging 22-12. I dont care whether he is a rook or not. Who is having a better season than him at PF? Dirk maybe and Amare.
I disagree he should be WAY higher than Jackson and Wallace who are previous All-Stars.
I do understand his numbers should increase(22 -13) and reflect his current production, but you cant omit/not factor in a players history/career production.
Wallace averaged 10 rbs and was an All-Star last year plus All Defensive team.
Jackson has a ring(long time ago), and is a Top 10 SF. No need to list his Playoffs heroics.

Zach Randolph(20-13), Kevin Love(14-11), and LeMarcus Aldridge(21-8) are having comparable seasons at PF, without highlight reels.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:45 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

I haven't really seen many clippers games, what do you guys think of his defense? It amazes me how a guy with his athleticism cannot average 1 block a game.

Also the guy averages 3.4 assist per game so he definitely needs a pass rating in the low 60s for accurate Sim stats.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:18 PM   #19
All Star

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I gave Griffin a slight boost in numbers midway through my first year in Association (I'm the Pistons, he's still on the Clippers). He's averaging something like 12 and 8. His stats have obviously greatly improved since I gave him a ratings bump, but they haven't jumped quite enough yet. I look at his game logs and I still see mostly 14 point and 12 rebound games. May I need to boost his shot tendency?

Either way, in this same Association, his Clippers have reeled off 9 straight victories and find themselves one game behind the Warriors and Grizzlies for the 8th playoff spot with 10 games remaining. I'm pulling for them.

I've also been trying to find a dunk package that works for him. I think right now I'm rolling with "Kemp".
Old 01-18-2011, 08:53 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I gave Griffin a slight boost in numbers midway through my first year in Association (I'm the Pistons, he's still on the Clippers). He's averaging something like 12 and 8. His stats have obviously greatly improved since I gave him a ratings bump, but they haven't jumped quite enough yet. I look at his game logs and I still see mostly 14 point and 12 rebound games. May I need to boost his shot tendency?

Either way, in this same Association, his Clippers have reeled off 9 straight victories and find themselves one game behind the Warriors and Grizzlies for the 8th playoff spot with 10 games remaining. I'm pulling for them.

I've also been trying to find a dunk package that works for him. I think right now I'm rolling with "Kemp".
I put Dwight Howard for his dunk package but thats not really working...Ima go with Kemp as well and see how that looks.

But I rated him as 82 on my roster. I gave him 93 dunk, 79 layup, 99 offensive rebound (most of his points r tip-ins and putbacks), and 89 defensive rebound, and his shot in-traffic is 77.

I still got some work to do on him.

Dwayne Wade is the G.O.AT.!!
Old 01-18-2011, 09:49 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 9

Like STAT, his Defense isnt on a Josh Smith level.

Rebounds and Points only tell some of the story.

Plus the Clippers' team defense isnt all that so right now he isnt asked to be a shut down guy at his position. But I bet he'll improve in that area if the rumours of his work ethic are true.

He said he wanted to prove critcs wrong that he's more than a dunker, and went out against the Pacers and hit jumpers.

80-82 Overall Max.

Advertisements
Old 01-18-2011, 09:55 PM   #22
Rookie

aga11ah's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BATMON
Like STAT, his Defense isnt on a Josh Smith level.

Rebounds and Points only tell some of the story.

Plus the Clippers' team defense isnt all that so right now he isnt asked to be a shut down guy at his position. But I bet he'll improve in that area if the rumours of his work ethic are true.

He said he wanted to prove critcs wrong that he's more than a dunker, and went out against the Pacers and hit jumpers.

80-82 Overall Max.
80? scoring 47 points on 24 shots (19/24) with only 1 of those being a dunk..... on YOUR team... lmao.

what does he gotta do to get rated an 85 or higher? score 100 on yall?

if Blake Griffin isn't an 84 at LEAST.. then you're just hating cuz it's his 1st season playing in reg season.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:27 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 21

I have him at 83 on my roster. I boosted his shot tendency,touches and rebounding up after a few games into the season because I saw he was not performing like does in real life. I dont think he needs a huge overall boost and people put to much into overall ratings around here. Thats why i boosted him the way i did because he just needs to be the focal point of his team and with what i done along with lowering Barons shot tendency and touches he is. I check after I boosted him up and he had 18pts and 12 reb. last game and before he was getting 8-12 pts and about 8 reb.
I keep a close eye in my association on how players are performing and adjust accordingly to what they are doing in real life.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:43 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 11

I edited him to realistic ratings and his overall is now an 85. Guy can do it all, dribble, back down, has many moves from the post and when he decides to shoot the mid-range jumper he knocks it down. Thing is, he doesn't decide to shoot the mid-range jumper much. Also, to the people who think Blake is Amar'e without the mid-range jumper, that's not really true. He has much better ball handling ability and many more moves in the post this early in his career. Griffin also has much better rebounding ability and hustles on every single play. Granted, Amar'e has a better jumper, but other than that, Blake is already better than him in every single way, but maybe a little worse in help defense from what I've seen of him so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »