NBA 2K9 Move List - Operation Sports Forums
Home

NBA 2K9 Move List

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 Move List within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 12:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
NBA 2K9 Move List

Hi guys, I hope I'm not being redundant here.

Please post some of the moves here. Try not to re-post. Thanks.

I don't even know how to use the shot stick properly, hopefully someone could shed some light on that subject. (Don't really have time to read through all the threads now that the demo has dropped)

Thanks again.

Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 10-05-2008, 12:46 AM   #2
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28
PS Network: bowdown2shadi
Re: NBA 2K9 Move List

Okay, I believe X/Square is to shoot, thats just if im right... um, you can flip the SECOND anolog stick in any direction to dunk/layup/shoot the ball... uhhh, circle is to throw picks... um R2/RT is for turbo... and you can learn more when the game drops
Old 10-05-2008, 12:48 AM   #3
Rookie

Yeap, pretty much knew those ones. I should have mentioned the word NEW in the subject title.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:49 AM   #4
Kinsler=Pop Up Queen

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
PS Network: ScottSFA

If I remember right from Hoops 2k8....
Right Stick Up - Power Dunk
Right Stick Left - Basic Dunk/Layup
Right Stick Right - Flash Dunk/Layup
Right Stick Down - Reverse Dunk/Layup
Old 10-05-2008, 12:56 AM   #5
MVP

bowdown2shadi's Arena

OVR: 28
PS Network: bowdown2shadi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbbrrrrrr
Yeap, pretty much knew those ones. I should have mentioned the word NEW in the subject title.
lol, yea im sure you did. Im clueless like you, and im very excited about 2K9, and was just messin' around... i knew exactly what you meant.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:06 AM   #6
Rookie

fffffffff9's Arena

OVR: 3

It does feel like people who already have the game are being awful secretive...
Old 10-05-2008, 07:44 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 8
PS Network: qballer34

Quote:
Originally Posted by fffffffff9
It does feel like people who already have the game are being awful secretive...
No, people that have the game are playing the game and trying to get a head start on the competition. But since I like you guys at operation sports I'm gonna give U a little nugget of info:
This is straight from the in game tutorial. I'm only gonna mention the stuff that might not be obvious.

***SHOOTING***

-Bank shot
Pull and Hold LT and move the RS (or press X) to direct the ball towards the backboard for a bank shot. The player will only use bank shots from within proper angles to the basket.

-Layup
When dribbling towards the basket, move the RS either to the left or the right side of the basket.

-Floater
when dribbling towards the basket, move the RS away from the basket to throw a floater.

-Reverse Layup
When dribbling towards the basket along the baseline, you can reform a reverse layup by moving the RS toward the baseline direction.

-Reverse Dunk
While dribbling towards the basket, pull and hold RT and move the RS away from the basket.

***SHOT STICK EXTREME***

-Changing Shot
You can change your shot while in midair to avoid a potential block. while the player is in the air to preform a dunk or layup, quickly move the RS in any direction to change your shot.

***ISOMOTION***

-Crossover
Pull and hold RT and quickly move the LS towards the opposite ball hand to perform a Crossover. For example, with th ball in the right hand, quickly move the LS toward the player's left hand.

-Double Cross
Pull and hold RT and quickly move the LS towards the opposite ball hand and then back to the ball hand direction.

-In & Out
Pull and hold RT + LT and quickly move the LS towards the opposite ball hand and then back to the ball hand direction.

-Half Spin
Pull and hold LT + RT, nd move the LS toward the player's facing direction. Then quickly move the LS to the opposite direction.

-Spin
Pull and hold RT, and rotate the LS in a half-circle starting from the ball hand to the opposite hand (going around the player' back).

-Behind the Back
Pull and hold LT + RT, and rotate the LS in a half-circle starting from the ball hand to the opposite hand (going around player's back).

-Sizeup
While standing, pull and release LT to perform a Sizeup move.

-Stutter
While standing, pull and release RT to perform a Stutter move.

-Quick Hesitation
Same as stutter just moving.

-Hesitation Drive
Same as Quick Hesitation just driving to the basket.

-Hesitation Cross
While moving, pull and release RT and quickly move the LS towards the opposite ball hand.

-Stepback
While moving, pull and hold RT, and quickly move the LS in the opposite direction of the player's movement.

-Stop & Go
While moving, pull and hold RT, and quickly move the LS in the opposite direction of the player's movement. Then, move the LS in the initial direction that the player was moving.

-Hop Step
While moving to the basket press Y.

-Hop Step Spin
While moving towards the basket, pull and hold RT, and then press Y.

-Hop Step Away
While moving towards the basket, quickly move the LS to the opposite direction and press Y.

***TRIPLE THREAT***

-Protect Ball
With the ball and an unused dribble, pull nd hold LT + RT and move the LS opposite the player's facing direction.

-Jab Step
Same as Protect Ball but move LS toward the player's facing direction. You can Jab Step in various directions away from the pivot foot.

-Launch Left/Right
With the ball and an unused dribble, pull and hold RT and move the LS to either left or the right side. You can also use either Jab Step or Protect Ball to set up the launch moves and fake out your defender.

-Spin Launch
with the ball and an unused dribble, enter the Protect Ball stance. Pull and hold RT and move the LS opposite the player's facing direction to perform a spin.

MORE TO COME LATER IF ENOUGH PEOPLE REQUEST IT. REMEMBER THIS IS IN GAME AND YOU WILL HAVE IT IN A FEW SHORT DAYS
The Tutorials are
Movement & Shooting (basic stuff and covered a bit above).
Isomotion (Important so I didn't skip anything).
Post Moves (I might do this later today. Typing helps me remember. lol.)
Passing & Defense
Dual Player & Coaching (I haven even looked at this).
and
Off-Ball Control (Haven't touched this).

Last edited by The GOAT34; 10-05-2008 at 08:02 AM.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:03 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GOAT34
No, people that have the game are playing the game and trying to get a head start on the competition. But since I like you guys at operation sports I'm gonna give U a little nugget of info:
This is straight from the in game tutorial. I'm only gonna mention the stuff that might not be obvious.

***SHOOTING***

-Bank shot
Pull and Hold LT and move the RS (or press X) to direct the ball towards the backboard for a bank shot. The player will only use bank shots from within proper angles to the basket.

-Layup
When dribbling towards the basket, move the RS either to the left or the right side of the basket.

-Floater
when dribbling towards the basket, move the RS away from the basket to throw a floater.

-Reverse Layup
When dribbling towards the basket along the baseline, you can reform a reverse layup by moving the RS toward the baseline direction.

-Reverse Dunk
While dribbling towards the basket, pull and hold RT and move the RS away from the basket.

***SHOT STICK EXTREME***

-Changing Shot
You can change your shot while in midair to avoid a potential block. while the player is in the air to preform a dunk or layup, quickly move the RS in any direction to change your shot.

***ISOMOTION***

-Crossover
Pull and hold RT and quickly move the LS towards the opposite ball hand to perform a Crossover. For example, with th ball in the right hand, quickly move the LS toward the player's left hand.

-Double Cross
Pull and hold RT and quickly move the LS towards the opposite ball hand and then back to the ball hand direction.

-In & Out
Pull and hold RT + LT and quickly move the LS towards the opposite ball hand and then back to the ball hand direction.

-Half Spin
Pull and hold LT + RT, nd move the LS toward the player's facing direction. Then quickly move the LS to the opposite direction.

-Spin
Pull and hold RT, and rotate the LS in a half-circle starting from the ball hand to the opposite hand (going around the player' back).

-Behind the Back
Pull and hold LT + RT, and rotate the LS in a half-circle starting from the ball hand to the opposite hand (going around player's back).

-Sizeup
While standing, pull and release LT to perform a Sizeup move.

-Stutter
While standing, pull and release RT to perform a Stutter move.

-Quick Hesitation
Same as stutter just moving.

-Hesitation Drive
Same as Quick Hesitation just driving to the basket.

-Hesitation Cross
While moving, pull and release RT and quickly move the LS towards the opposite ball hand.

-Stepback
While moving, pull and hold RT, and quickly move the LS in the opposite direction of the player's movement.

-Stop & Go
While moving, pull and hold RT, and quickly move the LS in the opposite direction of the player's movement. Then, move the LS in the initial direction that the player was moving.

-Hop Step
While moving to the basket press Y.

-Hop Step Spin
While moving towards the basket, pull and hold RT, and then press Y.

-Hop Step Away
While moving towards the basket, quickly move the LS to the opposite direction and press Y.

***TRIPLE THREAT***

-Protect Ball
With the ball and an unused dribble, pull nd hold LT + RT and move the LS opposite the player's facing direction.

-Jab Step
Same as Protect Ball but move LS toward the player's facing direction. You can Jab Step in various directions away from the pivot foot.

-Launch Left/Right
With the ball and an unused dribble, pull and hold RT and move the LS to either left or the right side. You can also use either Jab Step or Protect Ball to set up the launch moves and fake out your defender.

-Spin Launch
with the ball and an unused dribble, enter the Protect Ball stance. Pull and hold RT and move the LS opposite the player's facing direction to perform a spin.

MORE TO COME LATER IF ENOUGH PEOPLE REQUEST IT. REMEMBER THIS IS IN GAME AND YOU WILL HAVE IT IN A FEW SHORT DAYS
The Tutorials are
Movement & Shooting (basic stuff and covered a bit above).
Isomotion (Important so I didn't skip anything).
Post Moves (I might do this later today. Typing helps me remember. lol.)
Passing & Defense
Dual Player & Coaching (I haven even looked at this).
and
Off-Ball Control (Haven't touched this).

Thanks buddy.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:09 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 14

Damn why cant we shoot leaner and faders with x the button? We used to be able to do it back in 2k7
Over downtown Tokyo
We're doing this dance
Over Paris, France

Chuck Berry me
Over Germany
Old 10-05-2008, 08:30 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 4
PS Network: The_Bluprint

You can learn all the Iso Motion moves in pratice..it's really nice.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »