2k13 Fictional Draft Classes - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

2k13 Fictional Draft Classes

This is a discussion on 2k13 Fictional Draft Classes within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters

Old 10-21-2012, 10:53 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 2k13 Fictional Draft Classes

so when should ps3 users expect a fictional draft?

Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 10-22-2012, 12:01 AM   #12
Pro

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by javicd21
so when should ps3 users expect a fictional draft?
We're waiting on Bedwards to complete his roster...and he's waiting on 2K to release their roster update so he can get started.

After that, I'm going to start a Fictional Thread similar to last year.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:01 AM   #13
Rookie

Zeppelin8's Arena

OVR: 8

I got one fictional class done (40-45 players); took almost 2 days. did really pay attention to ratings, only 5 players have sig skills. also tweaked tendencies to fit current official roster.

As a matter of fact I made some roster edits too, since we ps3 users have nothing so far. I mostly did potential edits with some ratings and transactions, also added teletovic, singler and sheed to the roster. Tweaked slider tendencies and coaching tendencies too. I can upload them in case somebody wants to use them.

To me its better than having nothing, but I'm actually waiting for the releases of bedwardsroy, vannwolfhawk and chiliad.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:03 AM   #14
Pro

SwaggerCoach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin8
I got one fictional class done (40-45 players); took almost 2 days. did really pay attention to ratings, only 5 players have sig skills. also tweaked tendencies to fit current official roster.

As a matter of fact I made some roster edits too, since we ps3 users have nothing so far. I mostly did potential edits with some ratings and transactions, also added teletovic, singler and sheed to the roster. Tweaked slider tendencies and coaching tendencies too. I can upload them in case somebody wants to use them.

To me its better than having nothing, but I'm actually waiting for the releases of bedwardsroy, vannwolfhawk and chiliad.
Nice! Would love to have your efforts on board with the Community Fictional classes this year!
Old 10-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #15
Rookie

Zeppelin8's Arena

OVR: 8

I would love to take part in that.

Despite the flaws of CPU draft logic, I like it better then previous games. One thing CPU tends to do is pick the same position in a row. Lets say the 3rd is pick a 76 overall SF, after that CPU keeps drafting other SF's rated 65,63,62 etc despite having much better options at other positions. With greater variety of players, the picks become much reasonable and AI starts to mix it up. I re-did 20 drafts in a row to get everything balanced.

I've got 2 bigs getting drafted in 2nd round despite having top 10-15 (74 and 68) potential in the draft. It really adds to the excitement of the draft. You can actually find role players, even weak starters through the ashes of 2nd round. There are also two other 70+ potential guys getting drafted in late 1st round. I see guys with 65 potential getting drafted in lottery. All in all, I made sure that AI picked the best 3 talent in top 10, but they surely pick some busts as well. There are many other interesting stuff, but I'm gonna keep them to myself

I also noticed that David Stern won't say some of the names and instead makes generic calls. I tweaked all the first rounders so he would say their names. More excitement!

Once bedwardsroy releases his roster, I'm gonna re-do tendencies according to his roster and tweak rest of the players to have at least 60 non generic prospects. I might add one or two more classes later.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:38 PM   #16
Pro

SwaggerCoach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin8
I would love to take part in that.

Despite the flaws of CPU draft logic, I like it better then previous games. One thing CPU tends to do is pick the same position in a row. Lets say the 3rd is pick a 76 overall SF, after that CPU keeps drafting other SF's rated 65,63,62 etc despite having much better options at other positions. With greater variety of players, the picks become much reasonable and AI starts to mix it up. I re-did 20 drafts in a row to get everything balanced.

I've got 2 bigs getting drafted in 2nd round despite having top 10-15 (74 and 68) potential in the draft. It really adds to the excitement of the draft. You can actually find role players, even weak starters through the ashes of 2nd round. There are also two other 70+ potential guys getting drafted in late 1st round. I see guys with 65 potential getting drafted in lottery. All in all, I made sure that AI picked the best 3 talent in top 10, but they surely pick some busts as well. There are many other interesting stuff, but I'm gonna keep them to myself

I also noticed that David Stern won't say some of the names and instead makes generic calls. I tweaked all the first rounders so he would say their names. More excitement!

Once bedwardsroy releases his roster, I'm gonna re-do tendencies according to his roster and tweak rest of the players to have at least 60 non generic prospects. I might add one or two more classes later.
Oh yeah you're the man! Haha I noticed that Stern does say some players' names this year....how cool is that?!

Great work all around - sounds like you definitely know what you're doing. Can't wait to get the Community Thread started for this season!!!
Old 10-23-2012, 03:09 AM   #17
Pro

biggiejerseys's Arena

I'm looking to do my own fictional draft classes, so what's a good range on the potential rating to use?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2012, 11:22 PM   #18
Pro

SwaggerCoach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggiejerseys
I'm looking to do my own fictional draft classes, so what's a good range on the potential rating to use?

As a general rule of thumb, anyone you give a POT rating of 75+ to will eventually become an all-star.

I would only give 4-5 people 75+.
Maybe another 5-6 70-75.
And the rest below 70....even giving guys ratings in the 40's and 50's.

If you look back at previous NBA draft classes from 5-6 years ago, you'll notice that at least 40-50% of the players aren't even in the league anymore.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:32 PM   #19
Pro

biggiejerseys's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
As a general rule of thumb, anyone you give a POT rating of 75+ to will eventually become an all-star.

I would only give 4-5 people 75+.

Maybe another 5-6 70-75.

And the rest below 70....even giving guys ratings in the 40's and 50's.

If you look back at previous NBA draft classes from 5-6 years ago, you'll notice that at least 40-50% of the players aren't even in the league anymore.
Alright thanks man. time to create the next Michael Olowkandi(sp?)/Tractor Traylor, as well the next 2nd rd gem (ie Isaiah Thomas, Monta, Arenas, etc).

Would a lower durability rating equal an injury prone player?

Old 10-25-2012, 02:34 AM   #20
Pro

SwaggerCoach's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggiejerseys
Alright thanks man. time to create the next Michael Olowkandi(sp?)/Tractor Traylor, as well the next 2nd rd gem (ie Isaiah Thomas, Monta, Arenas, etc).

Would a lower durability rating equal an injury prone player?

Yes lower durability = more likelihood of injuries.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »