NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side - Page 17 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #161
Rookie
 
tom180's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sydney, Australia
PS Network: moxey25
I think it's a joke... you buy this game to have full modes available and instead we have to go through all these hours to unlock coins... honestly...
tom180 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #162
Rookie
 
godylla's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFAULTCAMERA
I agree with the rest of the guys on this, but I also see your point. But the only way to some what make this acceptable is have all the modes carry over each year. For example the guy you put hours into on 2k14 should carry over to 2k15. You should not have the headache of starting all over again, the same should go for your VC. If I have 300,000 VC in 2k14 when I purchase 2k15 that's what my account should show on the new game not make me start all over.
The carry over aspect is going to be implemented in the coming version of MLB The Show. I am jacked to hear that, and hopefully other games will start doing the same.
__________________
"Do or do not, there is no try."
- Yoda

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."
- Jimmy V.
godylla is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #163
Pro
 
asu666's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Blog Entries: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmtron
I can just see it in 2k15, you only start with the ability to use the jazz and bucks, then you have to buy the right to use any other team, haha
It almost feels like that's a possibility now. 2K should make the top of the disc look like wood grain too, so when we can no longer connect to the server, we have a nice coaster.
asu666 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #164
Rookie
 
poloelite's Arena
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Blog Entries: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFAULTCAMERA
I agree with the rest of the guys on this, but I also see your point. But the only way to some what make this acceptable is have all the modes carry over each year. For example the guy you put hours into on 2k14 should carry over to 2k15. You should not have the headache of starting all over again, the same should go for your VC. If I have 300,000 VC in 2k14 when I purchase 2k15 that's what my account should show on the new game not make me start all over.
I agree 100% with the carry over. If they don't want to for our myPlayers because of technical reasons, they could at least let us carry over VC from previous games. I have a ton of VC earned in 2K13 that's worth less than the dollar these days lol.
poloelite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #165
MVP
 
RangersCruz's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: May 2012
Re: NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayOtic723
Its not as bad as your making it takes what 500 vc to edit a line up if you play one game maybe 2 in your franchise then you will have enough or in MYPLAYER by the end of your rookie yr see how much vc you make its a ridiculous amount people complain because they don't want to work for anything last time i check you can go play nab live….
They rather complain about the VC thing then play a ps2 game on next gen
RangersCruz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #166
MVP
 
WaddupCouzin's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Tampa, Fl
Re: NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by willh313
Ok...this is a valid argument but honestly most of the stuff you do in franchise is purchasable after a few exhibition games(even if you lose on HOF you get 400-500 VC per game)...without spending a single dime of real money...has the micro-transaction thing gone too far...in a word, yes; but by no means does this game REQUIRE you too spend that extra cash(you spending the extra dough or wanting to is matter of your own impatience)...I have not spent any extra money on the game and get everything I want out of it...They only put $h!t like this in the game because a lot of gamers now a days whine about wanting more sooner and if you want that then there's the option. Same thing for Battlefield and it's instant upgrade kits and damn near every other game that is made by people willing to compensate whiners...It used to be that you could buy a game play it and be happy with what you got in the box until something else came along...then people started saying theres not enough levels...we need new this...I beat it so fast that...so now companies bleed you for stuff like this because a lot of you guys are spoiled and can't play game for more than a month without getting tired of it....I'm sorry to be the one who said this but...the main reason the whole dlc thing in general is getting out of hand is BECAUSE of gamers...remember when we used to get Expansions....things that could have almost been whole games of their own....WE RUINED that....The vast number of us who can't WAIT or have to run through a game in one weekend instead of taking the time get everything out of the games we have....I know this wont be popular but I felt it needed to be said....I mean guys you don't even notice that we don't even have cheat codes in the game anymore....developers are probably like ..."why make secrets when they are just going to run through the game and not try everything it has to offer anyway"....again i understand the anger here but you guys gotta realize this kind of stuff is our fault...when what you paid for stopped being enough this is what happened
You said it! I remember people saying on NBA2K10 my player, it takes too long to upgrade your player, and they remedied that. Some of this blame goes to the gamer as well.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________
http://community.2ksports.com/commun...?blogid=353294

Blogging my 2k Laker Franchise
WaddupCouzin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #167
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2013
We can all bit*h and cry all we want, but it still won't change the people at 2k sports mind. They know that people from all around the world will continue supporting them no matter how dirty and hungry money they're.

If you people think this is bad, wait until next year and the year after that edition. They will find way to make money off of us, Even if they allow us to transfer vc to the next game.
buddaking is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:04 PM   #168
MVP
 
Sinner's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: North Cakalacky
Re: NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
Czar what's up family?? I could be reaching here, but I think the point they're getting at is they want the game to last all year long. So building a player in a more sim time frame and for us to not have Gold Players until we go deeper into myTeam. I'm not sure how domination mode works, but if you beat the team and get 3 stars, do you get a gold player from that team?
There's no need to make little simple things cost VC to make the game last, they didn't have to do anything they've done to make the game last. The only reason they did it is for more money...period.

If they wanted to make this game so people will play it longer and make it last you know the BEST way to do this? Make a damn good game that allows you to play the modes in it how you want.

Even in one of your earlier post you mentioned people who say they are "sim" should like the way VC is used.....I'm having a very hard time putting "SIM" and "VC" in the same sentence as linking one with the other.

There is no sim in needing VC to change rotations in MyGM, there is no sim in your MyPlayer having a contract paying you in VC...it's just not working for me or many others.

Also in your earlier post you mentioned being able to play the app to earn VC...well there is a problem login in to play the App, so can't do that.
__________________
-= Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.=- Edward Murphy
Sinner is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #169
Rookie
 
barimanlhs's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Milwaukee WI
PS Network: barimanlhs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
VC is going nowhere. But I'm confident in saying that we can expect a complete overhaul come next year.

The only place VC belongs is an optional gameplay mode. Not something that the majority of its players buy the game for.
VC makes sense for player attribute improvements, but why do we need to pay for basic things like an arm sleeve, bracelet, etc, something that used to be COMPLETELY free. The amounts seem to be correct for MyCareer but horrible for every other facet of the game.
barimanlhs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #170
MVP
 
RangersCruz's Arena
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: May 2012
Re: NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side

Looking at it really should have just gave us the graphics and kept everything from CG for NG a lot of people are turned off by what they did ..hell you see a lot of people still playing it on the 360
RangersCruz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 AM.

Top -