Official NBA 2k14 (next gen) myGM Thread - Page 12 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Official NBA 2k14 (next gen) myGM Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2k14 (next gen) myGM Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball

Old 11-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #89
Rookie

wolfpack23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA 2k14 (next gen) myGM Thread

So I went a different route than most of the people did in this thread. In past 2k games I would play as my beloved Warriors, however, I like playing as bad teams and building them up into powerhouses after a couple of seasons. The problem I encountered in this years game is that the Warriors are very very good (as they are in reality). I decided that I could not bare to play with another team so I chose to do a fantasy draft. I was hoping for a late pick in a fixed draft format and that's what I received.

With my first pick I choose Iggy. Side note...you will sense a very strong Warriors theme in my draft. My draft strategy was to pick a competitive team (although not too competitive) while acquiring a very young bench with some trade value. I play all of the games so my team will play above their overall rating.

My lineup is as follows:
PG: Jeremy Lin - better known as the turnover machine
SG: Klay Thompson - IMO most underrated SG in the league
SF: Iggy - lockdown defender/point forward with a suspect jump shot (except this season in reality)
PF: David Lee - great scorer who couldn't stop Nate Robinson posted up on him
C: Andrew Bogut - defensive anchor with a body made of glass
6th Man: Alex Len - This is due to a owner request that he plays heavy minutes. However, I was surprised after the first game at his offensive game around the rim.
Role Players: John Henson, Kent Bazemore (more drafted for bench celebrations), Nate Wolters, and Shabazz

I know that this team is not a win now team but I really want to see how players develop in the next gen game. My starting five is good enough to keep me in games but my bench is going to experience some serious growing pains.

In my first game I played the Lakers who took Deron Williams with their first pick. The game started out competitive with me being down 46-40 at the half. After the half I stormed out of the gates outscoring the Lakers 27-20 in the quarter to take a one point lead. However, my bench came out in the fourth quarter and laid an egg allowing the Lakers to go on a 14-4 run. My starters came back in and got the game within three but a Klay Thompson three clanked iron as the time expired to give the Warriors their first loss of the season.

Klay Thompson led the Warriors with 18 pts and 5 reb
David Lee was his usual self going for 16 pts, 12 reb, and 3 ast.
Iggy had 15 pts, 8 reb, 5 ast, and 2 stl. and held Tyreke Evans to 9 pts
Jeremy Lin had an uninspiring 8 pts, 7 ast, and 7 to
Bogut survived the game injury free and had 12 pts, 7 reb, and 2 blk
The surprises of the game were Alex Len and John Henson: Len had 8 pts and 3 reb in 18 min. and Henson gathered 4 pts, and 7 reb in 12 min.

It's going to be a long season but I expect to get better as I adjust to playing on the ps4. I noticed that defenders react to the passing lanes much quicker in the next gen version than on ps3. Lin's turnovers should go down as I learn the passes I can and can't make.

I enjoy writing these so let me know if you guys would like me to keep giving updates on the status of my team.

Last edited by wolfpack23; 11-21-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:51 AM   #90
Rookie

wolfpack23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcamp3
Still playing my Heat season, through 12 games I am 10-2. Beasley became extremely unhappy and demanded a trade so I shipped him to Denver for Jordan Hamilton and their 1st round pick. Jury is still out on Hamilton but he did have 17 off the bench my last game. I want a young SF/SG that can shoot. Ray Allen is also out 1-2 weeks with a concussion which makes Hamilton's role even more important. Anyone have suggestions for a young wing player that I could get to come off the bench if Hamilton continues to struggle shooting?

Also, here are my stats so far.
Just a couple of ideas. I am not sure what the trade value of these players are. Jeff Taylor (Bobcats), Quincy Pondexter (Griz) and Alec Burks (Jazz). Taylor and Pondexter can shoot and Burks is more of a slasher.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:09 PM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by niles08
I started one with the pelicans as they have a fairly young core to build around with Davis and Rivers. I didn't want Evans so I dealt him pretty quick. I also am thinking about starting over and running with a different team though, I'm not sure who I want to go with though.
i was thinking maybe hawks, bobcats i dont know
Old 11-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #92
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
Is the POE on auto or manual? If you don't switch it to manual the CPU changes it frequently. I also think a teams defensive ratings overall come into play. Playing with weaker teams I can tell my guys are constantly out of position and the help defenders always are way too aggressive in doubling.
Took me a couple of time outs to realise it was on auto but I changed it to manual and yeh problem persisted. I'm running with the sixers so it could be because they are one of the weaker teams - I've only had the chance to run one game so hopefully it doesn't continue when I start playing again sometime later today.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:19 AM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 2

Anyone ......
Old 11-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #94
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnydee
Anyone ......
Not sure what you want to hear? Depends on what you want. Do you want an established team?(Pavers) Do you want a team that's bare that you can completely rebuild?(Suns) Do you want a team with a win or else owner (Lakers) or one who you can do whatever (Timberwolves)? Do what I do...pick a team with a uniform you like.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 11-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #95
Rookie

I have game nights with my friends and I had them all over to run a my gym with 4 players and we just player lock

Sunday I had them over and we all could choose sides when the game started and be on the same team

Thursday I had them all over again and this was not possible

Is my gym now only single player ? .....
We've done associations all together since 2k11 because it's fun to have a team with everyone
Old 11-23-2013, 12:51 AM   #96
9/25/15

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I'm 11-8 in my Pelicans MyGM. I'm currently 4th in the SW Division, but only 3 games out of 1st place currently held my the Spurs. I'm 7th in the West, but again on 3 games out of first place which S.A. also holds.

I've been struggling with injuries thus far with J.Smith currently OUT for the next 1-2 week and R.Anderson HURT but able to play through it. Gordon also missed 7 games at the beginning of the season, so with all that considered we're lucky to be where we are.

I'm not sure if I'll make any moves this season. I really don't want to, but I may end up having to decide between Gordon and Evans. I'm looking to upgrade both SF and C. Mostly SF because Aminu doesn't bring much to the table for me. However, at least he is willing to resign. Smith looks like he wants to test Free Agency and as much as I would like to keep him, I may have to let him go. I would like to build a team similar to the 90s Spurs with Duncan and Robinson, but I don't know what Center would be the best to go after. I know the guys that I want the most like Hibbert and Noah probably aren't realistic. Maybe I can find someone in the Draft though...

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »