NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread - Page 10 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball

Old 11-17-2013, 10:03 AM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Am I the only one who was drafted ahead of Jackson Ellis? I went 5th to Suns he went next to pelicans.

Also how do you sim games in my career? I don't want to play every single game. I wouldn't make it past one season in a career.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #92
Rookie

OVR: 4

Ok, now I know that you have to be signed into PSN in order to get the fully-featured MyPlayer, so to speak. I had problems logging in/setting up an account during the first couple days. Things like quarter length, VC purchasing, the Champs Sports apparel store, etc, won't be available if you're not signed into PSN. So of course that means if you started an offline MyPlayer, he will stay that way; no way to make that character an online one. Tellingly, I had to start my career over.

Still loving the graphics/gameplay. For some reason this time around, it's extremely immersive. All this mode needs now is to bring back all the features that were removed from CG, and allow carry-over saves so we don't have to keep starting our careers over. Would love to see all those soap opera-esque cut scenes exit stage left and be replaced by more in-depth bball related stuff. More stat tracking/record breaking/comparisons/PLAYOFF STATS, better teammate logic, practice/drills/shootaround, more dynamic and detailed stat overlays, and so on.

About to run a few more.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #93
Staff Writer

jyoung's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by acolbert
I avg like 6.7ppg 5.9rb 3.2blks (nasty wit the defensive game). I'm loving the mode so far my only gripe is my accessories aren't saving. I still got them corny *** 2k sneaks lol!

This happening to anyone else?..
I figured out what the deal is with created shoes.

Even after you create your custom shoes, you still have to go into the My Player shop and buy them for $7,500.

That's just bad game design. No one is going to want to waste that kind of VC on shoes when it could be used to majorly upgrade your player's attributes.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #94
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by weylum
Ok, now I know that you have to be signed into PSN in order to get the fully-featured MyPlayer, so to speak. I had problems logging in/setting up an account during the first couple days. Things like quarter length, VC purchasing, the Champs Sports apparel store, etc, won't be available if you're not signed into PSN. So of course that means if you started an offline MyPlayer, he will stay that way; no way to make that character an online one. Tellingly, I had to start my career over.

Still loving the graphics/gameplay. For some reason this time around, it's extremely immersive. All this mode needs now is to bring back all the features that were removed from CG, and allow carry-over saves so we don't have to keep starting our careers over. Would love to see all those soap opera-esque cut scenes exit stage left and be replaced by more in-depth bball related stuff. More stat tracking/record breaking/comparisons/PLAYOFF STATS, better teammate logic, practice/drills/shootaround, more dynamic and detailed stat overlays, and so on.

About to run a few more.
I'm signed into the psn and don't have the option to buy vc. I've started multiple new my careers. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Old 11-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #95
Rookie

I dunno how much I like the GM in MyPlayer. Very sleazy looking dude.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:25 PM   #96
Pro

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Can you change how your MyPlayer looks once you've started your career? Specifically your hair and beard?
NBA : Detroit Pistons
Old 11-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #97
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Can you change how your MyPlayer looks once you've started your career? Specifically your hair and beard?
yeah just go to the menu and on features when you pop the game in
Old 11-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #98
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I figured out what the deal is with created shoes.

Even after you create your custom shoes, you still have to go into the My Player shop and buy them for $7,500.

That's just bad game design. No one is going to want to waste that kind of VC on shoes when it could be used to majorly upgrade your player's attributes.
Lol wow capitalism at its best haha! Get your money 2k! I aint at you but im not even talking about customs sneaks I tried to rock some basic Nikes and it says saving but in game my dude doesnt have any of the arm bands sneaks or any accessories I chose...
Old 11-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #99
Staff Writer

jyoung's Arena

OVR: 38

So I just dropped 45 points and the post-game interview was still with Demarcus Cousins, who had 16 points.

What does a man have to do to grab a post-game interview? I guess Cousins is always the one who gets interviewed for Sacramento, regardless of what happens on the court?
Old 11-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
So I just dropped 45 points and the post-game interview was still with Demarcus Cousins, who had 16 points.

What does a man have to do to grab a post-game interview? I guess Cousins is always the one who gets interviewed for Sacramento, regardless of what happens on the court?
There's no MyPlayer on court interviews..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »