How much money have you spent on this mode? - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

How much money have you spent on this mode?

This is a discussion on How much money have you spent on this mode? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam

Old 03-31-2014, 02:46 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: How much money have you spent on this mode?

This is the greatest hustle EVER... People are spending hundreds of dollars to access what's already on the disk... LOL...

Last edited by Charles Xavyer; 03-31-2014 at 02:55 AM.
Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 03-31-2014, 05:11 AM   #22
Rookie

PS Network: AussieAdz19

I've spent $40 on VC but only when the sales have been on lol. The way i see it, anything more than $60/$70 is too much because a COD Season Pass for Maps or Battlefield Premium Membership cost about the same amount and its sort of the same thing...... but yes its already on the Disc.

They all add extra enjoyment to the games in a different way.

PG- Robertson / Payton
SG- Jordan (90/91 ) / Wilkins
SF- Pippen (95/96) / Erving (76/77)
PF- Russell / Kemp
C - Olajuwon / Duncan (97/98)

PSN: AussieAdz19
Old 03-31-2014, 06:34 AM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieAdz19
but yes its already on the Disc.
Yep.. it sure is... I caught myself about to spend money on this mode, and I had to think long and hard about whether it made sense to buy players that were already playable on the disc I just paid $60 for... It doesn't.

But you have to give it to EA and 2K.. they've brilliantly created a system that makes people feel like their wasting their money on something new, when in reality they're just flushing money down the toilet...
Old 03-31-2014, 06:56 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Love guys like you. You give 2K unlimited money to let them develop their game. Unfortunately you let the developers cater the game more towards buying ish
Old 03-31-2014, 10:58 AM   #25
Go Spurs Go

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
How much money have you spent on this mode?

@ caring what other people do with their disposable income...sounds ridiculous..

I personally haven't bout any VC since 2k13....bought some & got an error, haven't bought any since...it's tempting though since I am really getting into MyTeam....

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 03-31-2014 at 11:02 AM.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:51 PM   #26
Rookie

I knew once this thread was made it was going hit the fan real quick. I am honestly happy for everyone that had all that time to farm VC. Unfortunately a lot of us have jobs, family's, girlfriends, etc. etc. and can't spend all that time doing that. It seems like if you mention you spent money on this mode some immature clown will feel the need to attack you for it. I never understand why people are worried about what other people do with there money. If you play any Ultimate/MyTeam mode you will more than likely have to shell out some money. Yes I agree it really sucks and should be free but the cat is out of the bag and there is know going back. I can guarantee you this NBA2K15 will not have a time out glitch, domination reset glitch and farming VC will shell out next to nothing in VC. So enjoy it now fellows cause next year game wont be easy like it was this year to get a stack team for free. At the end of the day my time is more valuable than my money so I have know problem spending a few bucks on this game.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:28 PM   #27
Rookie

malowry's Arena

OVR: 3
PS Network: alowry

I don't think most people (or me, at least) are ridiculing people who throw a few extra bucks at 2K for packs. Spend your money however you want. More power to you.

The thing that just seems... odd to me is when people throw hundreds at the game on top of the $60 that they already spent. 2K14 is going to become a paperweight in about a year or so when 2K shuts the servers down anyway. I just don't see the point IMO.

But, again, people are free to spend their money however they want. It doesn't affect me personally, so I really don't care.
Old 03-31-2014, 04:44 PM   #28
Rookie

http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/ea-ex...e-100-million/ This is an old article but it shows you how much money can be made in these modes

Found a more recent one.....http://www.pastapadre.com/2013/07/24...e-team-trailer

Last edited by BIGTYMERTX; 03-31-2014 at 04:54 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:19 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGTYMERTX
http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/ea-ex...e-100-million/ This is an old article but it shows you how much money can be made in these modes

Found a more recent one.....http://www.pastapadre.com/2013/07/24...e-team-trailer
Wow that is why 2K will never do away with VC. But they need to figure out a way to make it not so integrated in the game. Need to come up with new worthwhile add-ons, confine it more to MyTeam and they will still make a killing without infuriating their loyal fanbase.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:34 PM   #30
Rookie

Luis241989's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by malowry
I don't think most people (or me, at least) are ridiculing people who throw a few extra bucks at 2K for packs. Spend your money however you want. More power to you.

The thing that just seems... odd to me is when people throw hundreds at the game on top of the $60 that they already spent. 2K14 is going to become a paperweight in about a year or so when 2K shuts the servers down anyway. I just don't see the point IMO.

But, again, people are free to spend their money however they want. It doesn't affect me personally, so I really don't care.
i with u man i dont see the need to spend any money on this specially how it has so little replay value. The my team mode is pretty much dead after u reach the 1st seed but to each his own.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »