No doubles in the corners, no triples at all - Page 5 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

No doubles in the corners, no triples at all

This is a discussion on No doubles in the corners, no triples at all within the MLB: The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB: The Show Last Gen

Old 04-28-2013, 08:13 AM   #33
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: No doubles in the corners, no triples at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Sometimes. It depends on your current production levels (and on current sliders and difficulty level)

If you're already getting strong hits in the gap and down the line... If you're already getting a 20% or more in Line Drive %... Solid Hits wouldn't really help too much, (but it would still help). In this case, Power would help more than anything.

If you're having problems even getting line drives or hard fly balls, then Solid Hits would definitely help a lot.
Thanks for elaborating, makes sense!
So increasing the solid hits slider not only makes singles out of pop ups and weak ground balls but also line drives and strong hits out of some the singles I'm hitting.
Correct?

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-

Last edited by geisterhome; 04-28-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #34
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
So increasing the solid hits slider not only makes singles out of pop ups and weak ground balls but also line drives and strong hits out of some the singles I'm hitting.
Correct?
Yeah, with solid hits just think about the sound off the bat when you really connect on a pitch. If you raise solid hits, you will get more solid contact and give you faster ground balls, more line drives, and less weak pop ups and choppers.

I've found that putting solid hits up to 6 (+1) and lowering power to 4 (-1) you get pretty good results. You still get some good hits instead of a ton of choppers and pop ups, but you aren't going to have an unrealistic amount of homers.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #35
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamasutra
no.

my 2 cents: messing with 4-5 different sliders to try to correct one thing is probably not a sound method because you're unbalancing other aspects of the game and only bandaging the perceived problem, I still say there isn't one, but whatever..
I am going to politely disagree. My 2 cents are the CPU outfielders act like super humans at times on stock sliders. Making perfect jumps, great speed, and everyone has a Vlad Guerrero arm. Not even just the outfielders, I feel like the infielders are very similar.

So by changing the sliders, you're right I am bandaging the problem, but I have not found any ill effects from anything that I have changed. It seems to have only made the CPU more human, instead of perfect players.

They already make perfect reads on balls off the wall, they always know the 100% correct place to throw the ball, and they always take the perfect route to the ball.

By changing the sliders, the defense in general plays much more realistic. But that is just my opinion.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #36
Rookie

Dwenny's Arena

OVR: 0

I may have to consider making some of the slider changes suggested here. Most of my games are played at Fenway and I'm finding that hits grounding to the left field corner off the wall are 90% singles instead of doubles. The CPU fielders makes the play perfectly almost all the time. Coupled with the baserunner slowdown rounding bases, doubles I had in last years' game have been reduced to singles or an out at second. I know if you hit the wall with a hard line drive, it sometimes leads you to being thrown out at second. But this year, it is seems that you can only settle for singles in the left field corner. In fact, I've been thrown out about 25% on wall balls in left center. It should be about 10% if not 5%. I also feel that the game's perspective outfield distance in left and left center might be a little off. I really like the game but I am glad someone else noticed the same problems in the other parks as well.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:18 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisterhome
Correct?
Yes. It increases the leeway you have between bad contact and good contact... but it doesn't add much in the way of power... so if you're already making good contact, the effects will be minimal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3no_11
Yeah, with solid hits just think about the sound off the bat when you really connect on a pitch. If you raise solid hits, you will get more solid contact and give you faster ground balls, more line drives, and less weak pop ups and choppers.

I've found that putting solid hits up to 6 (+1) and lowering power to 4 (-1) you get pretty good results. You still get some good hits instead of a ton of choppers and pop ups, but you aren't going to have an unrealistic amount of homers.
That's a good way to look at it also. Solid Hits makes the noise louder, lol.

And I agree and run the exact same changes. Been doing so for a while now. Granted I play on Hall of Fame and things change with difficulty level.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:21 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3

Phoenixsmgs have an in depth slider description on what each item means. Google it, very helpful. Also Bobhead is an expert in this field. You getting great advice, you have to love this site. Solid hits will give you more hard hits on balls that would have been weak hits. But there is a drawback, it will alert the cpu better. Power is for home runs and may help a little in line drives but not much. Contact is the KEY to most hitting problems. Just adding my 2 cents.G3no-11 6 4 is perfect but you got to use what work for you. sliders take at least 20 games or more b4 you know if they work.
geisterhome

Last edited by Thomas7; 05-04-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:16 PM   #39
Pro

I'm not seeing as much problems with 2bs in the corners but the fact that I get more triples in the left-center alley then the rf corner is problematic
GM of the KC Royals in the OS Arbitration Thread
Old 05-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #40
Rookie

vinny_pizza's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
I see plenty of doubles down the lines with TNK's slioders using the Royals. Even with players who have speed in the 60's.
Me too, TNK's set seems to have it pretty good. I had a video of Jeter lacing a double to the left field corner as an example but never got to upload it. I see more issues with the slowdown logic around third, but that rant is another thread!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB: The Show Last Gen »