MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread - Page 215 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread

This is a discussion on MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread within the MLB: The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB: The Show > MLB: The Show Last Gen

Old 06-19-2011, 09:02 AM   #1713
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread

Any tips on how to get traded lol. I play for the blue jays and in my second full year am playing pretty well. I constantly check to see if I can request a trade but it is never there. They have good hitting but the pitching is horrible, I want out.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:58 PM   #1714
Rookie

OVR: 2

Slight Annoyance #1: This is how Oakland A's stirrups look:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/6551670...902359/detail/
In the game, I have my CF wear stirrups. The sanis are white instead of yellow in the game. What gives, SCEA? You got the THROWBACK stirrups correct but not the modern ones! Here's a clue: The A's stirrups have been the Kelly green/gold combo for eons now. And how do you get this wrong? Doesn't SCEA have somebody do research on this? Come on, man, can't get the damn strirrups right.

Slight Annoyance #2: Stolen bases. Again. I'm noticing a pattern. Apparently having speed and both BR attributes at 99 just means my player will lead the league in stolen bases. BUT, he will only lead just barely, going only so far as to be ahead of the 2nd place guy. Having all 99's does not, sadly result in Vince Coleman or Rickey Henderson-like running. It's been the same thing this season: quick bursts of 4-5 stolen bases in 2 games, then 7-10 games of nothing while everyone else passes him, then the burst again to take the lead, then 7-10 games of nothing. Nothing better than going 3-3 with a walk (nobody in front of me) and not getting even an attempt because I've reached some sort of quota. Dee Gordon has an OBP 40 points lower and has had 10 more attempts despite his speed and BR stats being no higher than 90. Some sim engine.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:29 PM   #1715
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just started up me a Sp drafted by diamondbacks,i will let you guys know more soon
Old 06-19-2011, 07:41 PM   #1716
Rookie

Kentucky_Gentleman's Arena

OVR: 0

Just finished my first season. Spent the whole year in AA which was probably good for me to build confidence. I had a few rough outings in the beginning of the season, but after that I was pretty much lights out.

I accounted for 48 apperances and went 4-2 with a 2.22 ERA in 56.2 innings pitched. I had 63 strikeouts and only allowed 48 hits all year and only 2 home runs.

I think I'm getting a great feel for relieving and I love it.

Will let you all know how I keep progressing!
Old 06-19-2011, 09:00 PM   #1717
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewochs615
Any tips on how to get traded lol. I play for the blue jays and in my second full year am playing pretty well. I constantly check to see if I can request a trade but it is never there. They have good hitting but the pitching is horrible, I want out.
Just keep checking. The option will eventually pop up.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:01 PM   #1718
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustOpinions
WOW heres a story for you guys,

In my 4th year, its the end of august I lead the MVP race with this stat line

352. 59, 156
plus 27 SB's

I GET BENCHED!!!! for only getting half of my goals passed, wooow good job SCEA, does any legit slugger (pujols,Bautista,A-Gon) have any goals or deadlines at all ? HEEEELLL NO, Goals should only be in the game til you become a starter for 2 straight seasons than disappear forever or at least till your player is 40 or something. Just pathetic

Beware my fellow OSers of this lame I guess u cant really call it a glitch... just dumb
I agree that this is pretty stupid, BUT, how on earth did you not reach your goals hitting that well? You have to have a crap-load of training points so you should get 3 automatically. If you get the majority, you're fine. If something like this happened I would (pretend, yes I know that sounds silly) that it was the result of some off-the-field activity.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:06 PM   #1719
Rookie

Kentucky_Gentleman's Arena

OVR: 0

Started my 2nd season and so far my guy is dynamite. 5/5 in save opportunities.

Also haven't given up a run yet.
Old 06-19-2011, 09:14 PM   #1720
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Question for my fellow starting pitchers. Are you guys getting ANY run support when you watch the games? I'm not talking about simulating to your next appearance but rather when you watch your teammates bat. My team NEVER scores any runs when I watch them. All they do is pop out on the infield and strke out. The most runs I've ever gotten while watching a game is 2.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB: The Show > MLB: The Show Last Gen »