MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread - Page 215 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread

This is a discussion on MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread within the MLB: The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB: The Show Last Gen

Old 08-05-2011, 07:14 PM   #2141
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread

So I'm set up as a Closing Pitcher. But I'm stuck as the setup guy in AA. I'm sporting a .56 ERA (2 ER in 32.2 innings). The stupid game has a starting pitcher (Jesse Biddle) as the closer, and another starting pitcher as the "other setup guy." I have by far the best numbers in the bullpen, but everytime I ask the manager to give me a shot at closing games, he tells me I'm not ready. But the "other setup guy" who is sporting a 5.56 ERA, with 4 blown saves in 4 opportunities, continues to get save opportunities here and there. I have yet to get a single chance to save a game.

So I go to the Futures Game, and I'm brought into the game in the 11th in a 1-1 game. The stupid AI has me throw 145 pitches through 10 innings...yea it went to the 21st. In the 21st inning the other team bunts FOUR TIMES in a row, and scores the go ahead run. Seriously? 4 perfectly placed bunts, and thats how it goes down? I've just about lost all interest in this game mode, it is so broken it isn't even funny. Everything they said they were improving for RTTS hasn't been improved. The GM and Manager logic is beyond terrible. Why is there an option to ask the manager things, when every single time you ask he turns you down? Seriously what is the point?!
Old 08-05-2011, 08:42 PM   #2142
Rookie

Absolutely loving this mode. I never really played RTTS as a position player, but I thought I'd give it a try with the new analog hitting. I created a SS and picked the Pirates to start. I figured since in real life they were doing pretty well. So I would be the hitter that would take them over the top and back into the playoffs.

Struggled at first in AA, but got it together and got up to AAA. In year 2 I was hitting very well. A .350's average and over 30 HR's. I get the call up late July. The big league team is terrible. Last in every pitching category. I've been hitting over .400, but my pitching staff gives up like 5-9 runs EVERY game. I hope I get traded, but I doubt they'll give me up now. Oh well, still having a blast. I hope I start year 3 in the majors, maybe we can make a run at least at the pennant.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:08 PM   #2143
Rookie

B1ackswords's Arena

My problem isnt as much the catchers batting in weird spots. Instead my game decided to bat the DH 2nd which is Mark Teixiara because I am with the Yankees. Now granted every guy on the starting line up had at least 80 RBIs the season before and in Spring training we have only lost 3 games (14-3) but it still gets to me a little but I am glad that I am not on Houston anymore.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:36 PM   #2144
Rookie

OVR: 1

My SS with the Twins just won the world series.
Also my CP with the Jays just got called up to the bigsand I got my first save.

Dallas Cowboys
Dallas Mavericks
Texas Rangers
TCU Horned Frogs
Old 08-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #2145
Rookie

OVR: 2

I want to strangle my CPU manager. We're 2 months into the season and Miguel Montero and his .200 average and .650 OPS is still batting 3rd in front of me, Tulowitski and Lawrie. This is a Rockies line-up with Tulo, Billy Butler (actually still good in 2016), CarGo, my player (all 99's), and Brett Lawrie in it. That's 5 players all having great seasons, all much, much better than Miguel Montero in all hitting attributes. And he continues to bat 3rd.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:49 PM   #2146
Banned

coolguy124's Arena

OVR: 17

first game in aa i get injured and out for the year FML
Old 08-06-2011, 10:40 PM   #2147
Rookie

bermcq's Arena

OVR: 5

Is anyone good at making caps i want someone who can make players to mkae one of me if i provide resources, anyone?

These are my custom mlb 12 caps:
http://www.operationsports.com/bermc...m-mlb-12-caps/
PSN: alabamaboy334ALA
Old 08-07-2011, 10:39 AM   #2148
Pro

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMangx
So I'm set up as a Closing Pitcher. But I'm stuck as the setup guy in AA. I'm sporting a .56 ERA (2 ER in 32.2 innings). The stupid game has a starting pitcher (Jesse Biddle) as the closer, and another starting pitcher as the "other setup guy." I have by far the best numbers in the bullpen, but everytime I ask the manager to give me a shot at closing games, he tells me I'm not ready. But the "other setup guy" who is sporting a 5.56 ERA, with 4 blown saves in 4 opportunities, continues to get save opportunities here and there. I have yet to get a single chance to save a game.

So I go to the Futures Game, and I'm brought into the game in the 11th in a 1-1 game. The stupid AI has me throw 145 pitches through 10 innings...yea it went to the 21st. In the 21st inning the other team bunts FOUR TIMES in a row, and scores the go ahead run. Seriously? 4 perfectly placed bunts, and thats how it goes down? I've just about lost all interest in this game mode, it is so broken it isn't even funny. Everything they said they were improving for RTTS hasn't been improved. The GM and Manager logic is beyond terrible. Why is there an option to ask the manager things, when every single time you ask he turns you down? Seriously what is the point?!
Woah, that's wierd.
Year 3 - 11-5
Old 08-07-2011, 01:12 PM   #2149
Banned

coolguy124's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy124
first game in aa i get injured and out for the year FML
1st game of next season top 1st i hit a grounder in hole

close play but i was out by a step

my guy goes nuts and gets ejected

i quit and started a cp with fuentes rotation

1st 2 games overall 4ip

faced 12 batters retired them all wth 9 ks
Old 08-07-2011, 02:58 PM   #2150
Rookie

RTTS is probably the greatest mode I've ever played in any sports game. They have it pretty much perfected.

Heres my stats up to the current date:

Drafted by the Royals as a Second Baseman.

2011: Played exactly half a season in AA ball and got called up.

Batted .421 with 18 HR's and 43 RBI's for that half a season AA.

AAA was much harder that season to boost stats because I wasn't a starter, I batted .375 with only 4 HR's and 20 RBI's.

2012: Got offered a one year $400,000 contract to be a starter for the Royals AAA club.

Lead the league in HR's and BA. .392 with 39 HR's and 99 RBI's. Made the Team USA all star team. However, never got called up.

2013: FINALLY got a contract offer during the off season to be a MLB starter for the Royals, $5.6 mil for one year.

Let me start off by saying that you can tell the difference between the AAA pitching and MLB pitching. 80% of the pitches are junk and out of the zone, its pretty tough and frustrating at times but I'm managing.

Heres my stats in the majors after playing 9 games:

Batting 3rd or 4th in the lineup: .343, 12 hits to 10 strikeouts, 4 HRs (highlight for me was 3 of those 4 HR's were in ONE game), 8 RBIs, 2 BB (both intentional), SLG % .686, OPS 1.064.

I haven't SIM'd a thing, I've played every single game and I havent "juiced" at all. The game is too fun and it actually makes you work to get rewarded. Can't wait til my first season is up and I can leave the Royals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB: The Show Last Gen »