Rain Delays/Postponements in MLB 11? - Page 4 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Rain Delays/Postponements in MLB 11?

This is a discussion on Rain Delays/Postponements in MLB 11? within the MLB: The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB: The Show Last Gen
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2011, 03:55 PM   #31
MVP
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Mar 2003
Re: Rain Delays/Postponements in MLB 11?

I understand the desire for some of you to want this, but I do think it is something that is much more difficult to program in than any of you give credit for. Even some of the most advanced text based sims have issues getting this in properly.

Just seems like a high risk, low reward addition to the game.

bears5122 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 01-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #32
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sartell, MN
Re: Rain Delays/Postponements in MLB 11?

I am very excited about the rain being in, and should lead to the obvious and requested Rain Delays and Cancelled games. Double headers would be a treat in Franchise mode. The would have to build into the logic that you don't get 20 delays and cancelled games. I am sure lots of research would go into much like the research that went into cloud coverage and patterns.

Now, liek most have said we are not into builind games and coding, but how is it that a game like World Series Baseball '98 had rain delays can get this in and The Show cannot...yet?
__________________
PSN ID: jskatt21
jskatt21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:58 PM   #33
Banned
 
OVR: 55
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 11,486
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskatt21
I am very excited about the rain being in, and should lead to the obvious and requested Rain Delays and Cancelled games. Double headers would be a treat in Franchise mode. The would have to build into the logic that you don't get 20 delays and cancelled games. I am sure lots of research would go into much like the research that went into cloud coverage and patterns.

Now, liek most have said we are not into builind games and coding, but how is it that a game like World Series Baseball '98 had rain delays can get this in and The Show cannot...yet?
And how is it that the same series has it removed.

Coding from an over ten year old game compared to today is apples to oranges.
EnigmaNemesis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:26 PM   #34
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sartell, MN
Re: Rain Delays/Postponements in MLB 11?

Trust me I get that, just had to toss it out there.

But, to address whether or not this would be a great feature? I say yes. I remember playing that Sega Saturn game, and then it started to rain, I thought that was the coolest thing in a baseball game.

Then again, I watched the Twins play for years in the Dome, so any hint of outside baseball, real life or in person, was a welcomed change.

Thank god the Twins got Target Field, not to mention being a season ticket holder!
__________________
PSN ID: jskatt21
jskatt21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:16 PM   #35
All Star
 
Rod_Carew29's Arena
 
OVR: 38
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Manhattan, NYC
Posts: 7,884
Blog Entries: 27
@ EnigmaNemesis

better than the rain presentation from ASB '03 and '04?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Exactly, and not only working right, but dynamically, realistically, the field and dirt slowly getting wetter and wetter with little wet spots that expand to full dampness!!!!

And actual modeled weather patterns, and lighting based of actual satellite calculations.

It is a sight to behold, no sports game EVER has gotten it so realistic, it even rivals most other genres as far as rain realism.
Rod_Carew29 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:23 PM   #36
Rookie
 
YanksFan4Life's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Jungle
Re: @ EnigmaNemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod_Carew29
better than the rain presentation from ASB '03 and '04?
i betcha its a 1000x better than that...plus in MLB '12 even better!!! but lets worry bout '11 for now lol
__________________
"I want to thank the Good Lord for making me a Yankee"
YanksFan4Life is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:38 AM   #37
Banned
 
OVR: 55
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 11,486
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod_Carew29
better than the rain presentation from ASB '03 and '04?
If you are talking graphically, then oh goodness yes. By far, just how detailed and realistic it is beyond astonishing. Especially when you think this is a baseball game.

There is no rain outs or postponements though to compare it on that front.
EnigmaNemesis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:41 AM   #38
Rookie
 
YanksFan4Life's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Jungle
Re: Rain Delays/Postponements in MLB 11?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
If you are talking graphically, then oh goodness yes. By far, just how detailed and realistic it is beyond astonishing. Especially when you think this is a baseball game.

There is no rain outs or postponements though to compare it on that front.
Enigma is it possible that ...for next year MLB '12..SCEA is thinking of adding thunder and lightning? Although the only way they could add it is by adding the delays/rainouts first....would be cool if both are added next year....


EDIT: i just realized i wrote about this in like 2 other threads...sorry....
__________________
"I want to thank the Good Lord for making me a Yankee"

Last edited by YanksFan4Life; 01-18-2011 at 11:53 AM.
YanksFan4Life is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB: The Show Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 AM.

Top -