CPU vs CPU - Page 11 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

CPU vs CPU

This is a discussion on CPU vs CPU within the MLB: The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB: The Show Last Gen > MLB: The Show Last Gen Sliders

Old 03-16-2011, 04:04 PM   #81
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: CPU vs CPU

Knight,

Do you think the catcher blocking attribute is better to combat this year's WP issue over the reaction attribute?

Catcher's block plenty of balls. They just don't get to them fast enough to combat the baserunning aggressiveness.

Or does blocking help with that too?
Old 03-16-2011, 05:29 PM   #82
Dual Threat

Joey Sauce's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm going to continue testing as well..hopefully we have solid sliders done and posted b4 opening day
Old 03-16-2011, 05:35 PM   #83
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16

Good stuff guys, interested as always in your experiments and outcomes. Afraid I've not had much chance tonight - somehow the MLB 11 scoreboard has burned itself into my plasma! It's not too bad and is only noticeable if you're up close and looking for it - just shows how long I've had the game on for over the last week!

Anyhow, to cut a long story short I've ended up spending the evening relocating my PS3 to our conservatory in order to preserve my plasma, so I've been cabling up and haven't had chance to run any tests. I'll be struggling tomorrow night too as I have a parents evening at school to attend!

Plus I'm now going to have to share tv time with my son as the room I've moved the PS3 to hosts his 360 and Wii....not excuses and I will get some futher time over the next few days and weekend but I'm counting on you guys and looking forward to the results of your tests over the coming days.

Keep the faith men!
Old 03-16-2011, 06:37 PM   #84
Rookie

xx19kilosoldier's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjoid
Good stuff guys, interested as always in your experiments and outcomes. Afraid I've not had much chance tonight - somehow the MLB 11 scoreboard has burned itself into my plasma! It's not too bad and is only noticeable if you're up close and looking for it - just shows how long I've had the game on for over the last week!

Anyhow, to cut a long story short I've ended up spending the evening relocating my PS3 to our conservatory in order to preserve my plasma, so I've been cabling up and haven't had chance to run any tests. I'll be struggling tomorrow night too as I have a parents evening at school to attend!

Plus I'm now going to have to share tv time with my son as the room I've moved the PS3 to hosts his 360 and Wii....not excuses and I will get some futher time over the next few days and weekend but I'm counting on you guys and looking forward to the results of your tests over the coming days.

Keep the faith men!
Thanks for all your work as well as the others testing in this thread.

Missouri Tigers
St. Louis Rams
Seattle Sounders Liverpool FC
Old 03-16-2011, 07:58 PM   #85
Dual Threat

Joey Sauce's Arena

OVR: 15

about to start up a couple cpu vs cpu games with Dai's latest slider recommendations...let you know what I see
Old 03-16-2011, 10:17 PM   #86
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quick up date on power and solid hit set at 3. I am getting some ok numbers so far. Games take forever. I have 5 played and will post some stats when I get to 15 or so. Is there a way to speed up games. I have pitchers set to fast, walk up and HR cam off for hitters. Other then that is there any way to turn off the throw back to the pitcher on anything else?
Old 03-16-2011, 10:44 PM   #87
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimmarov
Other then that is there any way to turn off the throw back to the pitcher on anything else?
Other than using "fast play" for the presentation, I think that's pretty much the best you can do.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:55 PM   #88
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiYoung
With regards to number of games, 10 probably isn't quite enough. If you think about any given day in MLB (typically 14/15 games) there can be high scoring days, pitching duel days, multiple blowout days.

I try to do 50 for each trial, although you can usually get a decent idea of where you're at from 25 or so. Ideally I suppose a million would be best (!). I used to do multiple sims using Diamond Mind Baseball for gambling purposes, one thousand repeat simulations of each game in the Majors. Even between 1000 game sims of the same contest there would sometimes be significant variation in results.
It's is quite true 10 games is not enough at all to make any conclusions; it may actually be misleading. Something that happens often (like # of hits) you may get decent ideas after 20 - 30 games or so but something that does not happen often (like steal, errors, HBP), you need many more games to get meaningful numbers.

One thing you could do is for a couple people to use the same slider sets. Say three people doing 10 games each can accumulate 30 games worth of data quickly (with an added benefit that you can see how results may vary between the three!).

It only depends on how accurate you want to be, how much time you have, etc. In the end if you are happy that's good enough for you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB: The Show Last Gen > MLB: The Show Last Gen Sliders »