Let's talk injuries - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Let's talk injuries

This is a discussion on Let's talk injuries within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K

Old 03-30-2012, 12:39 PM   #9
Rookie

silver281gt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Let's talk injuries

I am going to try out 40 tonight. I think i'm on like 15 or 20 right now and havent had an injury. If you really think about it there are tons of injurys to every team always.

Career
7-5
Old 03-30-2012, 12:46 PM   #10
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
it always bothered me when ppl say 'too many injuries, use 15'. I looked for an answer and the best I could find was this:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4175744AAdabx3

I'm not saying its perfect but he obviously put work into it and came up with 700 injuries in 2010. Divided by 30 that is 23 injuries per team. I simmed a few franchises and found that 40 gave me the most realistic result. I counted 23 injuries for the season @ 40.

The only issue when simming is that if you let the CPU handle lineups they leave minor injuries in the lineup which can trigger extra injuries. Still I am happy where it is at 40, 15 is way too unrealistic imo. If anyone has a better way or numbers on injuries IRL id love to hear it
Haha, your method was more scientific but we seemed to have come to the same conclusion. I too find 40 to work pretty well, it gives me a challenging amount of injuries and at times time forces me to rely on AAA guys. Which in turn makes me keep up a good AAA team.

I wanted to reply to your post also because you make a good point about the CPU controlling their DL.

I also see CPU teams keep guys with minor injuries in games way too much. The Indians had Hafner hurt for a minor 7 day injury (he had a red cross), but he still played every game in the season..They kept starting him.. I guess not the end of the world, but they had capable backups and were risking putting him out for the season.

Even worse sometimes I see the CPU DL a guy (with the black cross) and they dont promote anyone to fill in! So they have 25 guys on their team.. but since only 24 are healthy only 24 are listed under the "team summary" screen and only 24 are used in their games!

Luckily in franchise mode you can control all teams rosters without having to actually do full-team control... so every couple of weeks I take 15 minutes checking out injuries to demote guys on 60 day DL's from MLB rosters to the minors for their respective teams. That way CPU teams fully utilize all 25 of their player slots.

It only take 15 minutes, and impacts realism greatly.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #11
MVP

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm keeping it at 50 for now, I think I'm just having some bad luck out of the gate so I'm going to give it a month of games or so before I tweak it.

I had all 5 SP injured in ootp before

I don't like tweaking too many things.. I figure there must be a reason 2k decided on 50 as "default".

Advertisements
Old 03-31-2012, 08:56 PM   #12
Rookie

fjackson18's Arena

OVR: 4

Injuries at 50 would not be too bad if it really didn't occur to your pitching staff more than the whole roster. it seems every other game you will lose a pitcher.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:02 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4
Mine is at default and I've only lost one reliever in about 10 games played.....

If you stay away from the upper limit of the pitch count, that probably helps.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2012, 11:32 PM   #14
MVP

MizzouRah's Arena

I bumped mine down to 45 for now.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:06 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 46

i moved my injury slider to 40 since my last post.
Things look good so far.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #16
MVP

MizzouRah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
i moved my injury slider to 40 since my last post.
Things look good so far.
Haha.. I just did that too when I lost yet another SP.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »