Madden NFL 2015 details coming soon??? - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Madden NFL 2015 details coming soon???

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 2015 details coming soon??? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen

Old 03-14-2014, 01:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Madden NFL 2015 details coming soon???

I was just curious as to when EA begins releasing details about the upcoming Madden game each year? Should we be expecting details in the near future?

Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 03-14-2014, 02:31 PM   #2
MVP

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
PS Network: azdawgpound12
Re: Madden NFL 2015 details coming soon???

not until probly around the draft... I doubt they will add anything to the game unless its a "NEW" feature that used to be in madden. I hope they don't mess up franchise anymore then it is now.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:53 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
not until probly around the draft... I doubt they will add anything to the game unless its a "NEW" feature that used to be in madden. I hope they don't mess up franchise anymore then it is now.
Ok thank you for the reply, I assumed it was around draft time but just wasn't sure. I still have xbox 360 so wasn't expecting much in the "NEW" department but hoping for improved gameplay anyway. Probably shouldn't hold my breath on that though
Old 03-14-2014, 08:06 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah I wouldn't either. Nothing but the great "choose the relocated team's logo" news.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:12 PM   #5
Rookie

Usually the first details don't come out until a week or so after the draft. Around draft time, they usually just tweet out pictures of the rookies with their new team.

Among all of the things I'd love to see in Madden 15 would be a slow down on the progression of linemen. I'm in year three of my offline CC and there's maybe four or five teams who don't have an 80 or above at every position on the line. Though to be honest I wish EA would get rid of overalls period.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:13 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdudebrox
Usually the first details don't come out until a week or so after the draft. Around draft time, they usually just tweet out pictures of the rookies with their new team.

Among all of the things I'd love to see in Madden 15 would be a slow down on the progression of linemen. I'm in year three of my offline CC and there's maybe four or five teams who don't have an 80 or above at every position on the line. Though to be honest I wish EA would get rid of overalls period.
Interesting idea. So people would need to go off of run blocking/pass blocking/impact blocking rather then overall? Which some people do this already. I think progression for every player should be toned down. Or, have a "cap" on how high you can put a players skill. A CB coming out of college with a speed of 40 shouldn't be able to get up to a 95 just because you have enough points. I think they should put a threshold of 10-15 points per attribute that it can be raised.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:18 PM   #7
Rookie

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
PS Network: 1soja

i wouldnt be looking or expecting any new info until about draft time . I highly doubt any before then

Best place for online league hosting
Old 03-18-2014, 10:39 PM   #8
Rookie

I hope they don't mess up franchise anymore then it is now.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:27 AM   #9
Pro

Trick13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdudebrox

What they should have done was do away with RBK and PBK and tweaked the footwork/STR ratings to be PBT (pass block technique) and PBF (pass block footwork and RBT/RBF (run block technique and run block footwork respectively).

Strength should determine "push" meaning the stronger player should be able to "move" the blocker or defender while engaged.

Pass/run block technique should be used for determining hand fighting portion and holding. The technique vs the move or block shed depending on pass/run.

Pass/run footwork would determine the OL efficiency in getting to the right "spot/position" to effectively block the oncoming defender. For example, two LTs with the same STR SPD AGI ACC should behave differently based on their technique/footwork ratings. Say one has 90 PBF and the other only 77 - the player with the 90 rating should have a much better "kick slide" ability. The better rated player should be in better balance (meaning he gets the full benefit of all his technique rating - where as the lower rated OT in footwork may struggle.

In terms of other "techniques" the programming could dictate how quickly the OL player makes the "step" or even if they make the correct step for the situation based on AWR/Technique.

The reason that OL players are the easiest to develop is that they have the fewest relevant ratings(outside P/K).

Non-physical ratings for OL;
PBK
RBK
AWR

vs the non-physical for DL;
PRC
AWR
BKS
FMV
PMV
PUR
TAK
POW

and that is just base ratings, not including "traits";
spin move
bull rush
swim

Taking all that into consideration you have 4 times more XP point expenditures for DL than OL.

Personally, I would remove PRC from defense and have AWR used for both - once again because it is an extra rating that forces more imbalance favoring offenses. I would also remove the pass rush "traits" and have the PMV/FMV rating dictate certain "moves". IE spin move would require a minimum agility and a minimum FMV.

The game is programmed to heavily favor offense and then on top of that you have far more ratings relevant to defensive players than offensive ones and so as you go further into CFM you get more of a slant towards offensive players...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »