Jags or Browns... - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Jags or Browns...

This is a discussion on Jags or Browns... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2014, 11:24 PM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2012
Jags or Browns...

So I'm tired of my 49ers season and would like to start one with a team that has never been to the superbowl. So I decided out of these two teams. I'm not trying to decide which team is worse and then rebuild. I'm kind of asking which team is more deserving. For example the Browns have won championships in the all and in the 80s were in the playoffs alot. The jaguars how ever since becoming a new team has not won't anything but in the 90s and a couple years in the 2000 era made it to the playoffs.

I guess I'm asking which team would your go for more to try and win it all? Which team is going through more of a drought or unlucky run that needs to be turned arround Both teams have talent at certain positions to work with. So which team should get their shot


Last edited by 49ers510; 01-16-2014 at 11:28 PM.
49ers510 is offline  
Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 01-17-2014, 06:46 AM   #2
Rookie
 
snyder5man's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2012
Re: Jags or Browns...

The Browns team you speak about is the Ravens. The "new" Browns had a 10 win season, but didn't get into the playoffs. In fact they are yet to get to the playoffs.
snyder5man is offline  
Old 01-17-2014, 07:13 AM   #3
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Jun 2012
Re: Jags or Browns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snyder5man
The Browns team you speak about is the Ravens. The "new" Browns had a 10 win season, but didn't get into the playoffs. In fact they are yet to get to the playoffs.


That is not correct. When Art Modell moved the team the history stayed with Cleveland. This must have been written in the original team language because when the Oilers moved to Tennessee all their history went with them. Basically there was a gap in Cleveland's history from 1995 to 1999. And they did make the playoffs in 2002 when they played the Steelers in the wild card round.


I would say the Bengals, Lions, Chiefs, Bills, and Browns are all good candidates. Those are the 5 teams with the longest playoff win droughts listed in order. Lions and Browns have never been to a super bowl. None of those teams have won it.
tdogg097 is offline  
Old 01-17-2014, 11:27 AM   #4
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2012
Re: Jags or Browns...

I would say the jags only cause they are my team lol. But it's up to you. Just know both teams don't have a QB.
JagsFan58 is offline  
Old 01-17-2014, 12:29 PM   #5
MVP
 
elgreazy1's Arena
 
OVR: 28
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Jags or Browns...

In terms of a rebuilidng challlenge, the Jags are more fun. They don't have a lot of talent on their roster but have some good building pieces like OL, WRs and such. The Browns defense and OL is actually really talented, especially when placed in the right scheme.
__________________
Online Portfolio Site
XBL: El Greazy 1 - Currently Playing: APF2K8 . WWE2K14 . NCAA 14 . Titanfall
elgreazy1 is offline  
Old 01-19-2014, 10:21 AM   #6
Rookie
 
illiterateoption's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Mar 2013
Re: Jags or Browns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
In terms of a rebuilidng challlenge, the Jags are more fun. They don't have a lot of talent on their roster but have some good building pieces like OL, WRs and such. The Browns defense and OL is actually really talented, especially when placed in the right scheme.
I actually prefer to play with the Jags (I'm lifelong Hawks fan). Its a fun team to build and mold. I generally prefer to pick teams with unstable QB situations. Plus, I like to use Denard Robinson as an Eric Metcalf type, (KR/PR, RB, WR), which helps on a team in need of playmakers.

With the Browns, Will McGahee is the new Earnest Byner. You need 3 yards, he'll get you 3 yards. Need 7 yards, he'll get you 3 yards! Hahaha.
illiterateoption is offline  
Old 01-19-2014, 10:33 AM   #7
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Re: Jags or Browns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogg097
That is not correct. When Art Modell moved the team the history stayed with Cleveland. This must have been written in the original team language because when the Oilers moved to Tennessee all their history went with them. Basically there was a gap in Cleveland's history from 1995 to 1999. And they did make the playoffs in 2002 when they played the Steelers in the wild card round.


I would say the Bengals, Lions, Chiefs, Bills, and Browns are all good candidates. Those are the 5 teams with the longest playoff win droughts listed in order. Lions and Browns have never been to a super bowl. None of those teams have won it.
The Chiefs won a Super Bowl in 1970
Heisman is offline  
Old 01-19-2014, 10:41 AM   #8
Banned
 
Cre8's Arena
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: OpSec
Re: Jags or Browns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
In terms of a rebuilidng challlenge, the Jags are more fun. They don't have a lot of talent on their roster but have some good building pieces like OL, WRs and such. The Browns defense and OL is actually really talented, especially when placed in the right scheme.
Basically this... Sums it up quite nicely.

Although, I can't play defense to save my soul in Madden.
(But I think that is more by game design than anything)
Cre8 is offline  
Closed Thread


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05 AM.

Top -