Storyline Draft Classes (Spoilers) - Page 14 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Storyline Draft Classes (Spoilers)

This is a discussion on Storyline Draft Classes (Spoilers) within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen

Old 09-04-2013, 01:07 PM   #131
Rookie

PapiSuave's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Storyline Draft Classes (Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nl15
Is it just me or are there not alot of superstar/storyline running backs this year?
Agreed on the superstar part. I'm entering my 5th season and 2 of the storyline rookies have been RBs. One was a Nigerian track star who is injury prone. Got hurt 2 yards away from the college rushing record. Despite the track star label, he was mid 80s speed. 6'3 260 as a RB though.

Also a WR from OK ST converted to a running back because he developed a case of the drops and has been okay for me, but nothing special. Backup to Trent Richardson.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #132
Rookie

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker83
Still trying to figure out if anyone has been able to draft Murphy in the Pop Warren draft....
The WR Murphy? He switched to a RB in my CCM. I drafted him, total beast. Great size, speed, and I wanted a receiving back so it was perfect.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #133
Rookie

OVR: 6

Yeah, in my experience there seems to be a lack of elite athletes at both RB and WR. It's basically pick 2 out for 3 for 90+ SPD, AGI, ACC. And in most cases it's just pick 1 (I'm looking at YOU DeMarcus Singleton). In fact, the best offensive player I've drafted so far has been Dezrick Carr in the Lincoln Holmes draft class.

He's a 6'6", 256 lbs. TE projected to go in the 2nd round with 90 SPD, AGI, ACC, AND JMP! Can you say total beast? I took him with a late 1st round pick cause I HAD to have him. With 77 STR, he can develop into a good blocker as well. Now, you might think with those godly physicals, he'd have stone hands, right? Wrong. He starts with a respectable 85 CTH, but only meh CIT and RTE at 71. His only real weakness is a 66 SPC rating, but it seems to me that SPC only comes into play when either the QB or the receiver makes a mistake. Personally, I've just been banking his XP so I can sign him to a cheap max year deal, and when I do... I don't doubt that he'll lead the league in receiving yards for TEs.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #134
Rookie

OVR: 2

I haven't played a new Madden since '11 but these posts have got me excited about the new version. Sorry if this is too far off topic but I remember 2 good names from guys in Madden '11, one named Tremendous Johnson (S) and later on Tremendous Kiolbassa.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #135
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm doing a Power Run game and I'm always interested in drafting big (tall + heavy, gotta be both) oversized players.

I usually start out signing pre-existing Free Agents until I can find replacements for them:

6'6" TE Hayden Smith (real life player, former rugby All-Star, just got released by the Jets)

6'8" TE Leonard Pope (kind of sucks at catching, but he's big)

6'7" QB Brock Osweiler (was listed as 6'8" in Madden 13)

6'9" LT King Dunlap (Chargers)

6'8" LT David Mims

6'8" LT Max Starks

6'7 RT Jah Reid

There's a few 6'9" FA RT's as well, but they're not good or anything.

So, starting with that kind of a core, I'm always looking for guys in the draft classes who have that kind of height/size.

It seems that Madden 25 draft classes don't tend to have any players that are above 6'7" for height. However, someone did report earlier in this thread seeing a 7'4" guy, so I guess I'll have to skim the scouting tables every year just to be sure I don't miss an anomaly like that.

For Madden 25 draft classes:

Ransford Blake is a non-storyline player. He's a Right Guard. 6'6" / 334 lbs. 98 STR. 89 Impact Block. Low awareness, 66 SPD / 69 ACC. 77 Pass Block. Decent Run Block. Solid developmental player for a power run team. I think he's got either an early or late 2nd-round ADP.

McKenzie Garrison is another non-storyline player. He's a Center. 6'7" / 349 lbs. Only 83 STR. 87 Run Block. 72 SPD / 74 ACC. Probably the biggest Center you're going to be able to find, if you're into that. Can be developed.

Faitele Showers is a 6'7" Left Guard, 312 lbs. 90 STR. 87 Run Block. 74 SPD / 72 ACC. 20 years old.

Keithen Cross is a 6'6" Left Guard, 332 lbs. 93 STR. 86 Run Block. 67 SPD / 67 ACC.

Titus Caldwell is a 6'7" / 324 lbs Left End. 69 SPD / 86 ACC. 85 STR. 20 years old.

Reid Lockavitch is a 6'6" / 307 lbs Right End. 72 SPD / 84 ACC. 90 STR. 20 years old.

Nash Carpenter is a Defensive Tackle. I think he was projected to go 6th overall. 75 HPW, 79 STR, 80 SPD, 88 ACC, 78 AGI. 6'5" / 292 lbs.

Anthony Bodison is a DT that got autodrafted for me in the 1st Round when I accidentally advanced the draft when it was my turn. 6'4" / 290 lbs. 70 STR, 85 SPD, 84 ACC, 76 AGI. Fast for a DT I guess.

Linebacker Wolverine Justice came out with a 85 SPD and 90 ACC in my draft. 85 AGI. 6'0" / 243 lbs. 79 STR. 88 Hit Power.

I also selected MLB Demetris Royster in the Wolverine Justice draft. Royster is 6'4" / 239 lbs. 88 SPD / 90 ACC. 82 STR. 74 AGI.

Rahmon Devitto was a bit of a disappointment. 6'3" / 252lbs Linebacker, 80 STR. 83 SPD / 82 ACC. Pretty much low 80 stats across the board, nothing spectacular. I think he was like the 3rd overall pick.

FS Sir Fogg. 6'1 / 194. 65 SPD / 74 ACC. 68 JMP. Don't be fooled by the cool name, dude's stats are awful.

6'6" / 238 lbs WR Abraham Lopez. 90 JMP, 88 SPD, 85 ACC, 84 AGI, 87 CTH, 84 CIT, 87 SPC. 80 ELU, 81 TRK, 86 SFA, 81 JKM, 87 CAR. 77 RTE, 77 RLS. 1st Rounder. 20 years old, solid solid developmental player.

Oliver Florence was a storyline player I drafted. Linebacker, played hockey before deciding to give football a shot. 87 STR, 74 SPD / 78 ACC. 78 AGI. 88 Hit Power. 6'4" / 243 lbs.

Quinn Linder is a 6'3" 245 lb running back that I drafted in the 4th Round. 87 SPD / 86 ACC. 78 AGI / 76 ELU. 80 TRK / 77 SFA. 86 CTH / 70 CIT / 70 SPC. Pretty fast for a Power Back. I think I'm going to replace Peyton Hillis with this guy as my lead back in a year or two.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #136
Rookie

Nate.Walton1's Arena

PS Network: Nate_Dog_90

I'm also in the Ali/Murphy draft right now. (I assume murphy will get injured and go next year) For me the Ali draft came after the Mash/ Bobak - Te/ Ramon Bautista draft.
So far I'm looking for any DE's in this draft.
Something I noticed from last draft is that the stars seem to be drafted higher than the predicted place, even by teams with no 'need' for that area... Anyone else notice this?
Old 09-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #137
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTownSlinger
The WR Murphy? He switched to a RB in my CCM. I drafted him, total beast. Great size, speed, and I wanted a receiving back so it was perfect.
Yes that is who I'm talking about. Just checked the HB's and he's not listed there either. I'm seeing stories about him but I can't scout him. Anyone else run into this?

The "Dark Knight" Rises: A Detroit Pistons Dynasty (NBA 2k11)
Old 09-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #138
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker83
Yes that is who I'm talking about. Just checked the HB's and he's not listed there either. I'm seeing stories about him but I can't scout him. Anyone else run into this?
He switched to HB in mine too, I drafted him, switched him back to receiver.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:05 PM   #139
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknottin
He switched to HB in mine too, I drafted him, switched him back to receiver.
Well I haven't seen anything about switching positions...he's just gone from all scouting lists....I guess I'm the only one experiencing this?! With the lack of fast receivers I have to have this guy.

The "Dark Knight" Rises: A Detroit Pistons Dynasty (NBA 2k11)
Old 09-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #140
Rookie

Okay, so I just started a new franchise, ended up on the Blake "Pop" Warren draft. Seriously, a 36-year old QB?

However, the other player mentioned in the storylines at the beginning of the season was WR Shady Monroe, whose claim to fame is that he's 6'8". I'll be giving him a shot for my oversized league.

One of the fake tweets ingame suggests "The giraffe of the NCAA, Shady Monroe is all height, but he isn't going to wow you with his speed or route-running".

Also, the first description of WR Shady Monroe in the storyline area was "At six foot eight, UCF WR Shady Monroe has a great vertical and is capable of spectacular catches".

Those two messages seem to give a hint at what those corresponding stats will look like.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »