draft guide for madden 25? - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

draft guide for madden 25?

This is a discussion on draft guide for madden 25? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen

Old 08-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #21
Bruins Run LA

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: draft guide for madden 25?

Nothing against y'all using it, but draft guides ruined my online CCM last year. Had a guy literally get 7th rounders in the first. Had almost every single superstar development player

Atlanta Falcons
Los Angeles Lakers
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
UCLA Bruins
Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 08-28-2013, 03:12 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 0

i dont spend any scout pts until a week before draft and all i got is usually between 60000 or 65000

the most important area of draftee is dev rating and it costs 10000!!!

so I reveal 2-3 dev ratings of 1st round prospects then i dont have enough pts to do anything helpful for finding good players

i feel drafting is more on luck rather than skills or efforts
Old 08-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #23
Rookie

vicaddict's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by heime2003
i dont spend any scout pts until a week before draft and all i got is usually between 60000 or 65000

the most important area of draftee is dev rating and it costs 10000!!!

so I reveal 2-3 dev ratings of 1st round prospects then i dont have enough pts to do anything helpful for finding good players

i feel drafting is more on luck rather than skills or efforts
That is exactly the reason why I used draft guides before and I will use'em again. I only play offline, so I don't bother anyone, but then again, I never drafted only star players. On the contrary.

However, I don't see how you can actually develop a strategy anyway. You don't have any stats, records or any indicator who might be worth scouting. All you got is a class of several dozen players and half a dozen storylines which produce busts as well as stars.

Scouting AWR to find key players isn't really a strategy either. One could argue that this is also kind of cheating, since all you do is abusing the fact that AWR is the key skill at every position. With skills costing thousands of points to reveal, it is impossible to scout all the players that you want to scout and I am not talking about all the players. Even if you only want to draft O-line, you couldn't possibly scout most of the line men. The best you could do is scout till you see most of the letters, but even then a B most often turns out to be a 79 rather than a 85+ and that difference usually seperates a starter from a backup or even a player that gets cut eventually.

While I do like the idea behind the scouting, I hate the way they programmed it. Unless you use a guide, it is based on luck only.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by debauchlord
The problem was that, in past Maddens, you can spot the quick/superstar players rather easily just by scouting awareness. If the dude was projected 7th round has a higher awareness than the average 7th round pick, virtually every single time, that guy is going to be, at the very least, a very useful player. Not sure how it works in "25".
I already tried this strategy and ended up with some 55 rated guys. I also ended up with some gems because of this though.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:18 AM   #25
Rookie

I already have what I believe is half of all the drafts filled out. Whether or not I release it public I doubt because it really does **** some people over. Someone else will release a public one though.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:47 PM   #26
Rookie

If you are simply doing it for your offline franchise, just save your career before the draft, simulate the draft, look who the goods ones are write them down and go back and draft them
Old 08-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #27
Rookie

BTownSlinger's Arena

OVR: 5

I don't mind the draft guides. It's stupid how they have e drafts now. Things like 40 time, bench, vert, etc are public knowledge in the real draft.

I don't want to scout every single player, I'd rare draft off of physical and hope/guess on actual skill.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:23 PM   #28
Rookie

StumpyJones's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTownSlinger
I don't mind the draft guides. It's stupid how they have e drafts now. Things like 40 time, bench, vert, etc are public knowledge in the real draft.

I don't want to scout every single player, I'd rare draft off of physical and hope/guess on actual skill.
Hmm. This made me think of the scouting combine. How great would it be if in the offseason you go to the combine. There you will get all of the basic, physical attributes and you could spend points to interview certain players. Not only that, but you can spend points to attend schools' pro days, possibly getting updated stats on players (better or worse then the combine) and see players that weren't allowed to attend the combine (there's your sleepers). Maybe even have story players that refuse to attend the combine and have their own personal pro days. Could make for good storylines and an interesting mix-up.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:02 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpyJones
Hmm. This made me think of the scouting combine. How great would it be if in the offseason you go to the combine. There you will get all of the basic, physical attributes and you could spend points to interview certain players. Not only that, but you can spend points to attend schools' pro days, possibly getting updated stats on players (better or worse then the combine) and see players that weren't allowed to attend the combine (there's your sleepers). Maybe even have story players that refuse to attend the combine and have their own personal pro days. Could make for good storylines and an interesting mix-up.
Good idea, but sounds too creative for EA.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:20 PM   #30
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Nobody do this please, takes all the fun out of online league drafting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »