draft guide for madden 25? - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

draft guide for madden 25?

This is a discussion on draft guide for madden 25? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen

Old 08-28-2013, 08:35 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: draft guide for madden 25?

Ahh.. the yearly debate...

"I want a draft a guide to help me get the studs!"

"WHAT! Why would you do that, it takes out all the fun!! You disgust me."

Bottom line is, eventually someone is going to make a draft guide at some point. Either use it, or ignore it. It's that simple. Nothing is gonna change.

Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 08-28-2013, 08:58 AM   #12
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
PS Network: splff3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoctor
Ahh.. the yearly debate...

"I want a draft a guide to help me get the studs!"

"WHAT! Why would you do that, it takes out all the fun!! You disgust me."

Bottom line is, eventually someone is going to make a draft guide at some point. Either use it, or ignore it. It's that simple. Nothing is gonna change.

If it wasn't for online leagues, it really wouldn't be a big deal, but with online leagues there is no way to prove that someone is using a draft "guide" (cheat sheet) during the draft. You might see them drafting all superstar players are something, but there is no way to KNOW they cheated. It's all speculation, so you can't really do anything about it. Honestly, I don't know why OS allows them since they are obvious cheats, but it is what it is. I tried to fight this battle last year and lost so I'm not getting into it again. I just figured I would explain why some people vehemently hate these draft "guides" (cheat sheets).
Old 08-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..GameOver..
It seems that every player has Normal development now. I have only gone through about 10 drafts but I have yet to see anything above that. With the addition of practice earning every player on your team 2000 experience, it is rather easy to bump up anyone's development trait to superstar within 1-2 years.
I have found a couple players with star development.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:09 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
If it wasn't for online leagues, it really wouldn't be a big deal, but with online leagues there is no way to prove that someone is using a draft "guide" (cheat sheet) during the draft. You might see them drafting all superstar players are something, but there is no way to KNOW they cheated. It's all speculation, so you can't really do anything about it. Honestly, I don't know why OS allows them since they are obvious cheats, but it is what it is. I tried to fight this battle last year and lost so I'm not getting into it again. I just figured I would explain why some people vehemently hate these draft "guides" (cheat sheets).

Draft Guides and Madden are like steroids in Baseball. Sure Barry Bonds never failed a drug test but there was something fishy about him.

Likewise there is something fishy about a guy who is able to draft 10+ Quick/Fast/Star players in 2 years. Somehow he always knows when the trade up. He always knows when to take a guy 2-3 rounds before their slated to be selected. He's not using a draft guide he just "has a method" of keys that make it easier to find these players.

If you are in an offline league. Play as you want.
If you are in an Online League. No matter how you slice it you are cheating those other guys.

This is why I like the NCAA imported classes for online dynasties. Even though it randomizes the skill of players. If you didn't expect J. Clowney to import a certain way and he was just a random DE it wouldn't bother you. This way if someone hits on 10+ star players in 2 years you know they actually found them since it's random.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
Draft Guides and Madden are like steroids in Baseball. Sure Barry Bonds never failed a drug test but there was something fishy about him.

Likewise there is something fishy about a guy who is able to draft 10+ Quick/Fast/Star players in 2 years. Somehow he always knows when the trade up. He always knows when to take a guy 2-3 rounds before their slated to be selected. He's not using a draft guide he just "has a method" of keys that make it easier to find these players.

If you are in an Online League. No matter how you slice it you are cheating those other guys.

This is why I like the NCAA imported classes for online dynasties. Even though it randomizes the skill of players. If you didn't expect J. Clowney to import a certain way and he was just a random DE it wouldn't bother you. This way if someone hits on 10+ star players in 2 years you know they actually found them since it's random.
The problem was that, in past Maddens, you can spot the quick/superstar players rather easily just by scouting awareness. If the dude was projected 7th round has a higher awareness than the average 7th round pick, virtually every single time, that guy is going to be, at the very least, a very useful player. Not sure how it works in "25".
Old 08-28-2013, 10:21 AM   #16
Rookie

LCat67's Arena

OVR: 1
Cool Re: draft guide for madden 25?

So when does this cheat guide come out, Or PED Kit? Performance enhancing Draft Kit..lol
NHL: New York Rangers
NCAAF: Auburn Tigers
Old 08-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #17
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..GameOver..
It seems that every player has Normal development now. I have only gone through about 10 drafts but I have yet to see anything above that. With the addition of practice earning every player on your team 2000 experience, it is rather easy to bump up anyone's development trait to superstar within 1-2 years.
I have found a few players with star dev. Seems its the same as last year.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:37 AM   #18
Rookie

I'd actually prefer if someone made a guide with the best way to scout players. I know that in the real world, NFL teams and GMs atleast know something about every player in every round. It may not be a lot but they know the basics. Would be great if it were possible to get that kinda info.

Anyone have a really good scouting strategy they'd be willing to share?
Old 08-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by innet7
I'd actually prefer if someone made a guide with the best way to scout players. I knowon that in the real world, NFL teams and GMs atleast know something about every player in every round. It may not be a lot but they know the basics. Would be great if it were possible to get that kinda info.

Anyone have a really good scouting strategy they'd be willing to share?
Work out your team needs and scout key attributes for the positions you need.

On the issue of using a draft guide in online is up to the commissioner to decided who is gaining an advantage on others and quite easy to find out. Anyone could sim a few seasons and find who is who. A draft guide is there for people who want to use it for various reasons. It does not turn people in to cheats they are already are if they plan to get an advantage online.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #20
Rookie

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
PS Network: 1soja

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla

yup, a cheater is a cheater . basically those who want draft guides are not really into trying to scout and find good players , like in real life , they would rather be spoon feed the info , so they dont have to do any work at all. totally ruins online leagues drafts.offline fine do as u want , still cheap imo. anyone can build an allstar team with all the info they need to easily find the great players. which is why im with u on the imported classes, at least they will be random. looking very forward to using them this year! cheaters gonna cheat , real men gonna scout..... just the way it is

Best place for online league hosting

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »