Madden NFL 25 Question & Answer Thread - Page 37 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Madden NFL 25 Question & Answer Thread

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Question & Answer Thread within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen

Old 08-29-2013, 12:35 PM   #361
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Madden NFL 25 Question & Answer Thread

Is 99% of the hits from the computer still hit sticks, regardless of what position the offensive player is in?
MLB 'Pittsburgh Pirates'
College FB/BB 'Penn State' 'Pittsburgh'
NASCAR 'Tony Stewart'

If you send me a friend request on the PS3 or 360, tell me who you are because if you don't, I just delete it.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:35 PM   #362
Rookie

OVR: 0
Angry Re: Madden NFL 25 Question & Answer Thread

Why do the ratings change when starting an online or offline franchise? For example Demarcus Ware drops down to an 81 every season I try to start.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:37 PM   #363
Rookie

I may have missed this in the thread, but in owner mode can you sign players to contract extensions before the last year of their contract? Can't seem to figure out how to do it.

And with Free Agency is what the player is asking for the TOTAL value of the contract, or the yearly salary? It's a bit confusing.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:32 PM   #364
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by syddad
Is there any mode other than "play now" that would let me toggle between teams in mid game. I like to play offense only and cant seem to find that option in madden 25

You can always use supersim and sim through defense like I do.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:11 PM   #365
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

OVR: 17

Hey Guys, I have a few questions....

When making a trade is there a way to bring up the player card? I want to know the age of the player and total contract, not just this year's cap hit.

When you trade a player that holds a cap penalty if released, are you still charged that penalty if he's traded to another team?

How do you put your own players on the trading block?

Thank you!
Old 08-29-2013, 05:13 PM   #366
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickPuncherDET
I may have missed this in the thread, but in owner mode can you sign players to contract extensions before the last year of their contract? Can't seem to figure out how to do it.

And with Free Agency is what the player is asking for the TOTAL value of the contract, or the yearly salary? It's a bit confusing.
Can only resign players in the last year of their deals as far as I've seen.

The player is asking for the total amount. At the left you choose the yearly amount and yearly bonus then at bottom left it shows the total value of the deal you are offering so you can compare it to what the player is asking for at the right hand side.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:15 PM   #367
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peji911
Hey Guys, I have a few questions....

When making a trade is there a way to bring up the player card? I want to know the age of the player and total contract, not just this year's cap hit.

When you trade a player that holds a cap penalty if released, are you still charged that penalty if he's traded to another team?

How do you put your own players on the trading block?

Thank you!
No way to bring up the player card in the trade screen which is pretty stupid.

You should have the cap penalty if you trade or release players. The penalty should be the remaining bonus amount.

For trading block you have to pull up the roster then one of the options when you select a player is to add/remove from trading block. You cant do it in the trading block screen as that just seems to show the players in the league that are on the block.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:20 PM   #368
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovo228
Why do the ratings change when starting an online or offline franchise? For example Demarcus Ware drops down to an 81 every season I try to start.
It has to do with the coaching scheme. Overalls in franchise mode are just a base to view how that player is rated in regards to the scheme you are playing in.

For instance some DT's are the nose tackle 3-4 type players that focus on run stopping but if your scheme is a 4-3 and you set the DT1 to be a pass rush type then his overall would be down since he doesn't fit the scheme. Switch it to a 3-4 defense with DT1 as a 3-4 run stopper and his overall would jump up.

The overall doesn't really matter as much as the individual player ratings. Its just used to gauge how that player should perform in the type of scheme you are running. I believe its effecting Demarcus Ware because he normally is a 3-4 OLB but the Cowboys changed to a 4-3 defense so this is his first year playing DE. This doesn't make him less effective as a pass rusher as the overall doesn't matter, the individual ratings are whats most important.

Last edited by pack4life69; 08-29-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:27 PM   #369
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
Is 99% of the hits from the computer still hit sticks, regardless of what position the offensive player is in?
It seems like there are more big hits this year. I would say playing online its more prevalent as it seems most people use the hit stick to tackle 100% of the time.

Plus the heat seeker thing seems to be causing more big hits. Offline I play with heat seek off and i don't see a huge amount of hit stick type tackles from the computer.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:31 PM   #370
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
On the PS3 version, is it better to play online using Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable? Lag is terrible, and I have a great internet connection.
Definitely with the Ethernet cable. Wifi tends to lag for me online even though the router is about 2 inches from my PS3 lol

Last night I played a team game online with 5 other people and no lag at all. It was 4 in the morning though so the servers weren't overloaded with people.

It seems like most sports games lag like crazy when you compare it to the 18+ player shooting games which doesn't make much sense. Some companies can handle 25-50 games with 12-18 people in each game with no problem but EA cant even handle a simple 1vs1.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »