What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title? - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title?

This is a discussion on What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
View Poll Results: What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title?
Only purchase M25 for PS3/360 67 25.57%
Only purchase M25 for PS4/720 78 29.77%
Purchase M25 for both PS3/360 and PS4/720 52 19.85%
Skip M25 all together 25 9.54%
Undecided 40 15.27%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2013, 02:09 PM   #21
Laid Back Escobar Status

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
PS Network: SageTheInfinite
Re: What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title

Does anyone have any knowledge on the frostbite engine? I mean I know what it is capable of in Battlefield, but what could in bring to Madden? What can it bring to the on field experience in Madden/NCAA? I know it does have some kind of physics capabilities, but I thought it was mostly destruction physics. I know it also has some fancy lighting tricks as well.

SageInfinite - Right There(Produced By Outbreak) Itunes Single
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/rig...le/id457636137

Lord Knows Freestyle Video http://youtu.be/mQonc6li_M0
Custom http://youtu.be/mugcac8swfY?hd=1
Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 04-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #22
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title

The thing for me is and what kind of inspired this thread, is that there is just no way EA is clueless to how poor Madden 06 was. In fact they constantly refer to it whenever talking about the up coming transition to the new consoles and have for quite awhile. They have been building up this crescendo "Annie" over the years about what they have in-store for all their titles on the new consoles, not just Madden.

Fair or not, the number one excuse we have heard this entire console gen for Madden is, "we can only do so much given the time and system limitations", which according to all reports, the new consoles completely do away with. One thing that seems evident this console gen was that EA Tiburon's first priority was visual stills, try to make Madden on the field as photo realistic as possible, which admittedly took away from other things, like sidelines, the crowd, etc. What the new consoles and a Frostbite engine seem to be providing is a jack of all trades of sort where virtually nothing has to take priority, they can do it all.

I am no developer but various gaming studios, are saying there basically is no more "porting" code over or at least not how it used to be. Then add in Frostbite 3 touting "What You See Is What You Play", so whatever they develop on their work station is the game, no more having to account for what might "break" after bringing it together for a console. So in my layman understanding, since the new consoles are more like high end PCs, gaming studios like EA Tiburon, are now able to develop complete games for the console, on high end PCs, no more needing to put together various "builds" to test directly through the console. Maybe I am not explaining that well but that seems huge to me, even for Tiburon, considering the things CE/CD attendees and EAGC have alluded to being shown over the years but that couldn't make it into the game.

Looking back, the Madden 2006 360 trailer debuted on April 28th, I think and this year EA has some big exclusive deal announcement between them and Microsoft. I wouldn't be surprised at some point to once again see a trailer, actual game play this time, of Madden to help once again push sells for another new Xbox. Considering how last time around the new Xbox came out before the new PS, this exclusive could include Madden as a launch title only for the new Xbox to boost sells of the new system like in 2005 and then having Madden available for both systems starting in 2014.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:17 PM   #23
Pro

RonNewman75's Arena

OVR: 0

I will not buy the new system and ncaa & madden til they have been out for one year. Meaning if Madden 26 is the first one out on the new xbox i will wait for 27.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:33 PM   #24
Rookie

the_EDJ's Arena

OVR: 3
PS Network: the_EDJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonNewman75
I will not buy the new system and ncaa & madden til they have been out for one year. Meaning if Madden 26 is the first one out on the new xbox i will wait for 27.
You do realize Madden will go back to the normal yearly naming scheme right? Madden '15, ' 16, and so forth. ;-)

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk HD

"Those who ever gave their best, never regretted it."
-George Halas

In the Deed, the Glory
Old 04-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #25
Pro

tfctillidie's Arena

Considering Madden 06 NG and the voting?

Pathetic result IMO.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:52 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 15

Nice articles you found here, I have not seen any of these. One thing about the Frostbite engine, atleast in Battlefield, the running animations are incredible.

These articles are really exciting me because it seems the "suits" at EA are taking this next-gen technology very seriously. (Which I hoped they would) Its also great to see that the head guy at MLB The Show was brought on to Madden as the creative director for "next-gen" Madden. This tells me they have a dedicated team working on the new consoles, and the guy heading it up comes from the most SIM gaming company out there. All of this is very good news, and I am excited to see what kind of results we see in year 1.

Connected Careers- Full integration of franchise mode into online franchise. Other nice features added to franchise mode.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:58 PM   #27
Banned

mattndaville's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by agreene7
On ps4 is actually the only way I will buy madden this year because once I get my ps4 I will focused on the games for it like watch dogs and infamous.
This. I won't buy Madden this year unless its on the PS4 as a launch title. Even then I may not.

If BF4, Watch Dogs, and Killzone are launch titles, there may not be room in the rotation.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #28
MVP

Sausage's Arena

OVR: 18

Tiburon might be dedicated, have a new and easier engine to work with, but year after year with keys in hands they drive right into a wall.

I don't they are capable and will continue to sucker people in with fancy pics and features, that should already be the foundation.

I'm undecided and completely considering giving up hope of ever getting another great NFL game.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:17 PM   #29
Rookie

the_EDJ's Arena

OVR: 3
PS Network: the_EDJ
Personally, I'm slightly open to a PS4 port of Madden 25 this year. It all depends on how well my Madden Online Franchise is going. If the league is going well, there's no motivation to jump. If the league is stuttering for some reason, and enough of the key members are willing to jump, it's an easy upgrade to trade in for a PS4 copy.

Also, without backwards compatability, my PS3 is still going to be in heavy use even when I get my PS4, so whether I trade up is not big issue in the grand scheme.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk HD

"Those who ever gave their best, never regretted it."
-George Halas

In the Deed, the Glory
Old 04-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Tiburon might be dedicated, have a new and easier engine to work with, but year after year with keys in hands they drive right into a wall.

I don't they are capable and will continue to sucker people in with fancy pics and features, that should already be the foundation.

I'm undecided and completely considering giving up hope of ever getting another great NFL game.
Sausage, I agree with this to an extent and I think Madden has had a lot of leadership issues. However, the article that said they have brought over Kolb from The Show gives me hope that this generation will have a much larger focus on realism. I think at the beginning of last generation not only was engine horribly built, but they also had leaders in place that were more geared towards On-line/Arcade.

I think the focus began to shift for the Madden team around 2010, when they saw how successful NBA 2k, The Show, and even their own titles like NHL and FIFA had gotten by taking a SIM approach. Unfortunately, they were already so deep in the console generation, and the engine was so horribly built that the approach they began taking was just ripping things out and try to re-build them.

I am not a game developer, but that kind of approach seems to be a horrible way to do things. Just like anything else, game development needs a solid engine to build off of and a well established direction in place from the beginning. I am praying that EA will take this approach with the upcoming systems, and make Madden great again. From the descriptions in a few of those articles it sounds like they may be planning to do just that....

EDIT: I know many of you are worried about them re-starting with a barebones game like Madden 06 was. I am not as worried about that because I do not believe Madden 06 is the standard. I remember the first Madden on PS2 was light years better then PS1. Then engine was great, the gameplay was smooth, and franchise mode was wonderful.

Connected Careers- Full integration of franchise mode into online franchise. Other nice features added to franchise mode.

Last edited by ch46647; 04-14-2013 at 06:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »