Madden NFL 13 Title Update #4? - Page 14 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Madden NFL 13 Title Update #4?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Title Update #4? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen

Old 11-01-2012, 09:07 AM   #131
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Madden NFL 13 Title Update #4?

i really think there will be one more patch, there are just too obvious glitches still in the game. not talking abt smth subjective ones like play calling, but some real bugs that nobody can deny and that are virtually impossible to leave in the game. and EA is actually aware of the distorted figures after editing players for example since they just removed the feature from online play.. the injury bug is another obvious one. just as the salary cap bug and the depth chart glitch are. also EA has been emphasizing thier post launch support this year and so far its been just alright. and as somebody mentioned before even M11 (?) had 5 patches, the last one right before xmas.

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 11-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #132
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I could see a turner maybe, but a patch, I guess I would be surprised, and that's alright, too.

There were glitches in 12 that remained untouched.

At some point, as Ryan Moody said, focus must turn to 14.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #133
Megatron

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29

I would be utterly shocked if there is a patch because I have no idea what they would fix. All the problems mentioned would take just too much time to fix. The playbooks for example aren't an easy fix. The run/pass ratios work fine but the Madden team would have to go through each playbook and re-rate each play in each situation. They also have to get it right for each team. That would take a lot of time to do, and I just don't think they're invested in it.

Side note, the whole idea of star ratings for plays is ridiculous. I get it that they want to give teams more personality by prioritizing certain plays in certain positions but I just don't think the team has the talent or dedication to get that type of system implemented correctly. That's more than evident with the issues this year. For next year they should just keep run/pass ratios, which are super simple to determine, and just work on getting unique team plays in team playbooks. Throw out the star ratings! Emmdot, take note of this please.

Now, back to my original point, I just don't think there's easy fixes for most of the issues. Maybe they could fix the scouting boost package so it's 2x instead of 1.5x but other than that they're not going to be making art changes and they're not going to recode AI logic. Something like the pass reaction slider is going to take a lot of time to nail down why it's not working the way it should. Then once they fix it they have to test it and make sure it doesn't mess anything else up in the game. It's just too time consuming and they won't invest time in it.

If they do I will be extremely surprised.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:23 PM   #134
Rookie

OVR: 0

@DetroitStyle

A 4th patch doesnt need to be jammed packed, it could be just 2-3 fixes. No problems that can be quickfixes? Theres the injuries glitch (pre-existing injuries disappearing), the graphic glitch, to name a few.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:43 PM   #135
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithxace
@DetroitStyle

A 4th patch doesnt need to be jammed packed, it could be just 2-3 fixes. No problems that can be quickfixes? Theres the injuries glitch (pre-existing injuries disappearing), the graphic glitch, to name a few.
If it's quick fixes, why not a tuner instead of a patch?
Old 11-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #136
Banned

assclown25's Arena

OVR: 7

if they have one more patch please just fix
1-sliders
2-depth chart issues
3-pre-existing injuries in custom rosters
4-the damn Bears orange pants
5-breast cancer awareness unis
all pretty minor and i could than wait to see what they add to next yr-plus by that time (Xmas) we are only bout 2 months away from the new MLB the SHOW!
Old 11-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #137
MVP

OVR: 11

Don't forget the wind glitch!!

I heard someone say that the wind is correct (arrow indicator) during coin toss but opposite (indicator) during kicks, is that true? And does it mean choose which endzone to defend based on the coin toss wind and you are okay, or the opposite because the indicator is backwards during kicks?

See, fix wind glitch!

Anyone have proof positive on which way to call for the wind at coin toss so you have the wind at your back (for real, regardless of indicator) in the 4th Q?
Old 11-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #138
Megatron

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
If it's quick fixes, why not a tuner instead of a patch?
Because tuners are worthless. They don't work in Madden like they do in NCAA or NHL. I blame the infinity engine and the move to a whole new framework. The tuners weren't built to accommodate the new framework. I've seen several posts by Emmdot claiming that tuners can't fix this or that. In fact, I haven't heard Emmdot claim a single thing a tuner can fix. They're a lost cause, which is why we've had 3 patches and no real tuner updates.

Slider effectiveness and AI logic is supposed to be able to be patched with tuner updates. Read the tuner notes for NHL, most fixes are to the AI. Of course other changes should be able to be made but it's just not the case with Madden.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:36 PM   #139
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
Because tuners are worthless. They don't work in Madden like they do in NCAA or NHL. I blame the infinity engine and the move to a whole new framework. The tuners weren't built to accommodate the new framework. I've seen several posts by Emmdot claiming that tuners can't fix this or that. In fact, I haven't heard Emmdot claim a single thing a tuner can fix. They're a lost cause, which is why we've had 3 patches and no real tuner updates.

Slider effectiveness and AI logic is supposed to be able to be patched with tuner updates. Read the tuner notes for NHL, most fixes are to the AI. Of course other changes should be able to be made but it's just not the case with Madden.
Funny we're talking about tuners which have been non existent so far. In regards to Emmdot I am to lazy to go back through the threads but I recall one where he stated what tuners can't do and then contradicted himself a page later by saying they can do exactly what he claimed they couldn't in his previous post....

I would assume based on the past and the lack of interaction by guys like Emm here since patch 3 that patch 4 is a pipe dream. I would be even more blown away if we received a tuner at this point.
[b]Twitter:
Old 11-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #140
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
Funny we're talking about tuners which have been non existent so far. In regards to Emmdot I am to lazy to go back through the threads but I recall one where he stated what tuners can't do and then contradicted himself a page later by saying they can do exactly what he claimed they couldn't in his previous post....

I would assume based on the past and the lack of interaction by guys like Emm here since patch 3 that patch 4 is a pipe dream. I would be even more blown away if we received a tuner at this point.

maybe you know abt it already but Emm has actually been on here less than a week ago and posted into the official patch #3 thread. he said that they are "looking into" things. no idea if that means anything but at least some hope..

Madden NFL 13 Title Update #3 Available Now, Post Your Impressions (360, PS3)

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-

Last edited by geisterhome; 11-01-2012 at 06:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »