** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide - Page 64 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

This is a discussion on ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen

Old 01-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #631
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

I've got the third pick in the Terry Carter draft coming up and have no clue what to do. The three highest projected quarterbacks are Tim Maggitt, who is projected top-5, and then Carter and Blane Giles who are projected to go early in the second round. I've scouted all three of them and Maggitt is the one who looks the best, but I have a bad feeling about him and a magnetism towards the other two. Anyone have any experience with these particular guys?
Old 01-15-2013, 03:19 PM   #632
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

blane giles is a freaking super hero man. id take him with the 1st pick and be happy. 73 qb, but awesome! terrance taylor at SS is also a gem with some speed due to his catching. and you cant go wrong stealing away kedron richardson at WR. hes the best 6'2 slot guy ive had(that isnt one of those ridiculous 98-99 speed udfa's that seem to be plentiful)

anyone had the calloway draft class recently? hes not as fast as blane giles or rockford odom, but he has 97 TP, and 83 speed, not bad. I had always seen him go to WR, or be a bad QB, but I was doing a raiders dynasty, year one, I get calloway's class. with the third pick in each round, I had the best draft I have ever had(in the history of madden) and I play a LOT of sim sim sim sim type stuff. yet I didnt know any of the players in the class

at 3 overall- 84 overall Calloway, a randall cunningham clone, at QB. I was able to in the next seven picks take the following---LT 86 overall, RT 76(star) overall, WR 79 overall(star), a DT 77 who can be a 77 end too, 82 overall ROLB, 80 overall corner, 77 overall SS....... every player had at least quick development.

I put together 4 starters on each side of the ball, and did it without making any trades other than dealing away heyward bey for a 5th

is that the deepest draft class? because seriously, all the players were not just good, but had ridiculous size/durability ratings. I was going to sim this league, but with bookend tackles, a sweet QB, a star WR, and 4 more defensive starters, its hard to just "sim" it, since I know how hard it is to get the right storyline. look at cassius note, Ive had that draft like 20 times, and 19 he has 80 speed.

Last edited by ajk49er; 01-15-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:45 PM   #633
Rookie

vicaddict's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap39
Does anyone know of a qb that can run and has a strong arm? Im looking for a qb that is 6'4"or taller, has a throwing power of over 92, and has a speed of at least 85. Does such a qb exist? Sorry if someone already asked the same question but im not gonna look through 64 pages. Thanks!
Denny Thompson, Draft 2. 6'5", 190 lbs, 99 THP and speed, agility, etc in the mid 80s. He does, however, only have a THA of ~70 and an AWR of 30 (?). If I'm not mistaken he also does have tight spiral, sense pressure, etc as good as you could possibly want it to be.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:37 PM   #634
Rookie

ap39's Arena

OVR: 0

What does Jason Merian look like? I know he has the ratings, I would just like to know if I should waste my time trying to find his class. Is he white, black, medium? Does his head look stupid on his body? Does he have long hair/dreads?

-Btw u guys are great! keep up the good work
Old 01-16-2013, 12:46 AM   #635
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babar61
Anyone had draft 26? Mine is coming up soon. Positions of need: C, RG, RT, SS, MLB.

Crenshaw is a beast for a mlb. His speed is 90 with great acceleration.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:55 AM   #636
Rookie

OVR: 6

Got the Derrick Durden draft coming up and pretty much need everything but WR and RB. Could use a QB, OL and LBers. Any players stand out in that draft? I'm picking in the middle of the rounds
Old 01-16-2013, 12:00 PM   #637
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk49er
blane giles is a freaking super hero man. id take him with the 1st pick and be happy. 73 qb, but awesome! terrance taylor at SS is also a gem with some speed due to his catching. and you cant go wrong stealing away kedron richardson at WR. hes the best 6'2 slot guy ive had(that isnt one of those ridiculous 98-99 speed udfa's that seem to be plentiful)
I should've taken your advice on Giles (well, actually, I sort of did).

I was able to trade down from the third overall pick to the fifth pick, which I used on Terry Carter. I picked up an extra first-rounder and second-rounder in that deal and I used the second-rounder on Giles even though I'd already picked a QB. But Giles' skill set is so much more exciting. He's a 72 overall and doesn't have the arm strength of Carter (88 vs. 99), but he's a stud everywhere else. He's pretty accurate for a rookie, big, and has incredible speed.

Carter's only rated 79 overall, so I can't trade him (and I like to see my picks through as much as possible anyway). I'll probably end up trying to work a system where they can both play, with Carter running a more standard set of packages and Giles doing some read option, wildcat type stuff.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:23 PM   #638
Banned

OVR: 10

I feel like im cheating now... I like it >
Old 01-16-2013, 10:10 PM   #639
Rookie

I'm in the Pooh Carlson draft class #25 as the skins. Niles got hurt. Washington is touted as the best RB in the history of football. Who should I take @ #1 overall. Some nice receivers also between Jackson and Royal. Again who should I take. Is Carlson a stud. I already have Griffin and need a stud RB and WR in this draft.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #640
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskinsfan#56
I'm in the Pooh Carlson draft class #25 as the skins. Niles got hurt. Washington is touted as the best RB in the history of football. Who should I take @ #1 overall. Some nice receivers also between Jackson and Royal. Again who should I take. Is Carlson a stud. I already have Griffin and need a stud RB and WR in this draft.
Id go with Jackson at WR, he has superstar development and im GUESSING he is already in the late 70's or early 80's. Too bad Niles ot hurt though, i heard he is a beast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »