** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide - Page 36 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

This is a discussion on ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #351
Rookie
 
lilgame06's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Maryland
Re: ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleake15
This is all I can seem to find, and the question doesn't seem to have been answered. Looks like I'm making a trip to my science lab...
thanks man, Sunday night is when the draft is scheduled, so anything you can dig out would be appreciated a ton
lilgame06 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:33 PM   #352
Rookie
 
rleake15's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2011
Re: ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgame06
thanks man, Sunday night is when the draft is scheduled, so anything you can dig out would be appreciated a ton
I expect to have some good info on that by tomorrow morning. I elected not to take any Friday classes this semester and not scheduled to work, so Friday is typically my "nerd time". I'll let ya know as soon as I can and hopefully provide some storyline alternatives.
rleake15 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #353
Rookie
 
rleake15's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2011
Re: ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgame06
Sup folks, Im in my first off-season of my online franchise (29 other human controlled players). I'm the Texans, had a bad year due to connection issues I was dealing with, causing me not to be able to play a lot of my games (thankfully, those connection issues are fixed now). So despite my good team, my record ended up being 4-12. So i'm gonna have a top 8 pick in the first round, to go with the 3 second rounders and two 4th rounders I have.

The draft class is the 3rd one (Marvin Krunch, Mark Fightmaster, DeRay Ray)...hoping I could get some advice for who to take a closer look at the following positions of need.

WR - Looking to add some speed, as I have three really good possession guys, but a lack of speed.

LT/LG/RT - Just looking to add depth here...looking for zone scheme guys, but doesnt seem like these drafts produce many. So guys who have good run blocking skills would do.

3-4 DE - Looking for depth for the most part, but if I could find a stud to start next to JJ Watt, I'd be interested. (I just cut Antonio Smith, so Jared Crick is the projected starter for now)

CB - I don't mind my current set of corners, but I could always use some upgrades in terms of speed, man coverage, pursuit and press ability.

FS/SS - This is probably my biggest need! I can live with Danieal Manning starting at either spot, but I need a big time play maker to start next to him. Somebody I can feel comfortable leaving in center field, because I like to use Manning for man coverage purposes on TEs and slot receivers when I blitz.

Any help advice would be appreciated. Even if you can just lead me to a page in this thread that may already have some advice for the Marvin Krunch draft, since I only read about 15 of the 36 pages so far.
I mostly picked out the best looking players to put up here, but I can always go back to one of my saves and get you a better rundown of some of the positions you mentioned.

First off I want to say this is a DEEP draft. There is a ridiculous amount of talent, athleticism, and potential...erm "development" -__-

By position, here ya go:

WR
Option 1:
Sam Jackson
Round 1, middle of the order
94 spd
Star DEV, decent size for a burner
good release and route running

Option 2:
Foloi Jones
Round 3, early
95 spd, decent ACC and AGI
HUGE FRAME (how's 6'4" 241 sound for a deep threat?)
great release, pedestrian hands
(gonna get more info on this guy as I go along, but he's a great target for using the 50k development bump on if you can get him going in user games)

The next 3 guys are offensive lineman I drooled over while looking this up for you (in a non-homo way...just so we're clear)
At Left Tackle
Jeremy Crane
6th Round, early to mid
dude is an absolute monster
great strength and above average speed for a tackle
Big Mauler type works well for LT's in run schemes with play action
last but not least...star DEV

At Left Guard
Dexter Verducci
5th round, very late
great strength
Run Blocker type
Fast DEV

At Right Tackle
Jeff Ross
3rd round, very late
Another Big Mauler type
Carbon copy of Crane makes an ideal set of book ends going forward for your line.
Also has star DEV and A strength

3-4 DE
LE, Christopher Hardman
4th round, kinda late
Star DEV
Base 3-4, Run Stopper
decent strength and speed, can block shed and pursue
low overall (72), but with some work looks to be a gem

CB
Frankie Brooks
6th round, early
Star DEV
Man to Man type
great speed, ACC, and Man coverage

And I saved the best for last...
FS
Shyquawn Johnson
Prototype
Fast DEV
A SPD, ACC, AGI

Again, I'm gonna get some exact figures for these guys and post those as well, but the scouting numbers look nice. This should give you an idea of how you're going to pick your new playmakers for that already stout Houston D. Enjoy!
rleake15 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:25 PM   #354
Rookie
 
lilgame06's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Maryland
Re: ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleake15
I mostly picked out the best looking players to put up here, but I can always go back to one of my saves and get you a better rundown of some of the positions you mentioned.

First off I want to say this is a DEEP draft. There is a ridiculous amount of talent, athleticism, and potential...erm "development" -__-

By position, here ya go:

WR
Option 1:
Sam Jackson
Round 1, middle of the order
94 spd
Star DEV, decent size for a burner
good release and route running

Option 2:
Foloi Jones
Round 3, early
95 spd, decent ACC and AGI
HUGE FRAME (how's 6'4" 241 sound for a deep threat?)
great release, pedestrian hands
(gonna get more info on this guy as I go along, but he's a great target for using the 50k development bump on if you can get him going in user games)

The next 3 guys are offensive lineman I drooled over while looking this up for you (in a non-homo way...just so we're clear)
At Left Tackle
Jeremy Crane
6th Round, early to mid
dude is an absolute monster
great strength and above average speed for a tackle
Big Mauler type works well for LT's in run schemes with play action
last but not least...star DEV

At Left Guard
Dexter Verducci
5th round, very late
great strength
Run Blocker type
Fast DEV

At Right Tackle
Jeff Ross
3rd round, very late
Another Big Mauler type
Carbon copy of Crane makes an ideal set of book ends going forward for your line.
Also has star DEV and A strength

3-4 DE
LE, Christopher Hardman
4th round, kinda late
Star DEV
Base 3-4, Run Stopper
decent strength and speed, can block shed and pursue
low overall (72), but with some work looks to be a gem

CB
Frankie Brooks
6th round, early
Star DEV
Man to Man type
great speed, ACC, and Man coverage

And I saved the best for last...
FS
Shyquawn Johnson
Prototype
Fast DEV
A SPD, ACC, AGI

Again, I'm gonna get some exact figures for these guys and post those as well, but the scouting numbers look nice. This should give you an idea of how you're going to pick your new playmakers for that already stout Houston D. Enjoy!
Holy crap, this is exactly the kind of breakdown ive dreamed of! thank you so much man, this breakdown couldnt be any better. Those tackles have me thinking of the dirty things i could do with my offensive line.

It sounds like I can go with that WR in the first round (ill be picking somewhere between 4 and 8). And then take the safety, defensive end, and maybe the corner back with my three second round picks.) hopefully that right tackle or guard will be there in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

If you find any sneaky running backs, i'd like to hear about them too. I like one cut running backs the most, but I could use a power back as well that i could maybe draft in the middle to late draft. good carrying would be highly preferred. Thanks again
lilgame06 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:05 AM   #355
Rookie
 
lilgame06's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Maryland
Re: ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

So we're in the first week of free agency, allowing me to see what picks ill have in the draft. I'm locked into the 5th overall pick in the first round, and then picks 34, 37, and 50 in the second round, followed by pick 69 in the third round. not to shabby. cant wait for the draft!
lilgame06 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:56 AM   #356
Rookie
 
rleake15's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2011
Re: ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgame06
Holy crap, this is exactly the kind of breakdown ive dreamed of! thank you so much man, this breakdown couldnt be any better. Those tackles have me thinking of the dirty things i could do with my offensive line.

It sounds like I can go with that WR in the first round (ill be picking somewhere between 4 and 8). And then take the safety, defensive end, and maybe the corner back with my three second round picks.) hopefully that right tackle or guard will be there in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

If you find any sneaky running backs, i'd like to hear about them too. I like one cut running backs the most, but I could use a power back as well that i could maybe draft in the middle to late draft. good carrying would be highly preferred. Thanks again
Go with DeRay Ray if he has a bad storyline and doesn't earn the starting job in college. He's a nasty kick returner, and as a 3rd down back he's unparalleled. There are a few one cut backs in this draft, but I don't recommend them. It's either bad pass blocking, poor BCV, speed less than 80 (which I consider a deal breaker), bad acceleration, low carry rating, and/or bad breath...just kidding.
rleake15 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #357
Rookie
 
lilgame06's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Maryland
Re: ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleake15
Go with DeRay Ray if he has a bad storyline and doesn't earn the starting job in college. He's a nasty kick returner, and as a 3rd down back he's unparalleled. There are a few one cut backs in this draft, but I don't recommend them. It's either bad pass blocking, poor BCV, speed less than 80 (which I consider a deal breaker), bad acceleration, low carry rating, and/or bad breath...just kidding.
cool, glad I know this...ill just address RB depth via free agency then
lilgame06 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:04 AM   #358
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: May 2010
Re: ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

Niners Fans! How bout some help!
First of all, I have DRAFT 29.

I changed up the scheme of the team. Not that I hate the run run run ground and pound, but I love seeing Alex air it out a bit more.

Balanced offense:
Going to get speedy HBs and WRs. I think I'm good for now with LMJ and Hunter. Going to let Gore finish his career here of course. I like the mix of Gores power and LMJ/Hunters speed. It will probably be awhile before I draft a back, unless I should grab one in the next few drafts!

I want speed and catch for my WRs I have 1 and 2 set to possession until I draft a burner and he moves up the depth chart.

TE is set to Vert threat. Love throwing to these guys downfield.

I think I need to change up the Oline, got it set to balanced, but leaning towards speed/agility (for those outside runs) and pass blocking.

My defense is changed to an attacking 4-3. Dumb, I know, when I have probably the best 3-4 in the league.

My D-ends are speed rush, my DTs are pass rush. I want my front 4 to be a nightmare against QBs.

LBs are balanced. Ability to get after the QB and also cover well. Be prepared against the run.

CBs are balanced. Big fan of big, tall, speedy CBs. Rare, I know!

I went with playmakers for my safeties. Dashon often seems lost out there in coverage (people love this guy and want him locked up long-term, I kinda want him gone) I miss Parrish and Schulters. I want my guys locked on the WRs. Try throwing against all of my DBs. Not gonna happen.

Comments/suggestions/changes etc are welcome, any guys you know of in this draft of the next few, lemmie know!

Long read, thanks for any help!

Last edited by GNS1310; 11-10-2012 at 12:10 AM.
GNS1310 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #359
MVP
 
hanzsomehanz's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Oct 2009
Re: ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

Appreciate it man. I had some hunches on some prospects and this data just affirmed my feelings!
__________________
how could I lose? im playing by my own rules..
hanzsomehanz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:43 PM   #360
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2012
Re: ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

anymore info on draft 10 with jakari christmas?
gotheem11 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 AM.

Top -