INT's, Ridiculous Stats and Cheating Comeback AI.... - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

INT's, Ridiculous Stats and Cheating Comeback AI....

This is a discussion on INT's, Ridiculous Stats and Cheating Comeback AI.... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 11:01 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: INT's, Ridiculous Stats and Cheating Comeback AI....

Quote:
Originally Posted by baller7345
Then against off man coverage you should be able to turn around all but the best CBs since they have to commit to the 9 route at some point. Against 2 man under or simply press coverage that the player says to shade inside they aren't usually running the route before your WR but the moment he turns his hips on the route the CB reacts and since they are already inside they are in the perfect place to break up the play.
So, what you are saying then is the route doesn't work in game how it does in real life. Because quite frankly what you are saying doesn't happen. I mean, even Safety's in man cut before my WR's do in the routes I am talking about on MUT All-Madden

Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 09-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

As a Bills fan, I witnessed all sorts of glitches in week one when the JETS offense was UNSTOPPABLE! How realistic is that?!

Luckily, the Chiefs ran into the glitch where DL and LB could not tackle CJ Spiller today!

Old 09-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #23
Rookie

baller7345's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboat
So, what you are saying then is the route doesn't work in game how it does in real life. Because quite frankly what you are saying doesn't happen. I mean, even Safety's in man cut before my WR's do in the routes I am talking about on MUT All-Madden
I'm saying that the defenders simply don't make the mistakes in technique that real life defenders make. The dig route will beat press man coverage all day if your opponent shades outside but as long as they are playing the default inside technique they are going to undercut inside breaking routes like they are supposed to.

You can beat the inside technique if you find some digs that have some sort of hesitation step which pulls the inside technique a little outside or something else like that. Running dig routes off of switch concepts also helps you get inside the inside technique being played. However since Madden doesn't have bad coverage technique from their man defenders they never play it wrong so they are always where they are supposed to be.

This next bit is on how to attack 2 man under from Smart Football, you'll notice 10 yard dig routes aren't in there (those are suggested for cover 3).

1. Back routes on the linebackers
  2. create mismatches with the TE running option (“read”) routes
  3. stay shallow with routes, catch the ball short and run long
  4. crossing routes (“mesh”) with the wide receivers
  5. TE in the alley or fades to the wide receivers
  6. running plays
  7. use motion
Understanding Coverages and Attacking them with the Passing Game

http://www.madden-school.com/forum/m...ing-101-a.html
Old 09-17-2012, 01:00 AM   #24
Rookie

kunner's Arena

OVR: 4

There has to be some sort of "Uber comeback" AI for the CPU. I mean, in my CC, the Eagles have somehow had 9 turnovers in the first 2 games, which is the most in the league, and have happened to win both games. Gotta be some sort of Vick code or something.
NCAA- Wisconsin Badgers
Old 09-17-2012, 01:07 AM   #25
Cover 2

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

I just put a long post in the "Super Bowl memories" thread about the comeback programming logic so I won't post it all here, but... I just got hosed by the CPU in the Super Bowl.

Last play from scrimmage before I kick the game-winning field goal to win the super bowl and my beastly power back fumbles even though his ratings are extremely high in fumble, trucking, strength... AND... I was covering up and leaning forward ... AND ... the guys who hit him were DB's who morphed at super-speed into an impossible position to be able to make the fumble-causing hit.

Such a great game and completely b.s. way for it to end. I don't mind losing but that was the type of thing that would have cost me a controller in my younger days.

Completely an example of short-cut programming where the result is predetermined and the animations/action fills in the space between to make it happen.

I'm still in shock, so frustrating.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:11 AM   #26
MVP

Franchise408's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboat
happening once or twice is one thing, happening every time on an in route is another entirely. I get the point of the thread, and I agree. I just think that a rarity in real life does not excuse significant duplication in a video game.
This.

When I am putting up 300-400 yards with regularity with Alex Smith on All-Madden, there's an issue.
C. Kaepernick: 15-38, 286 yds. TD, 6 INT | F. Gore: 11 att. 66 yds | Q. Patton: 5 rec. 125 yds.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:58 PM   #27
Pro

SolidSnake07's Arena

OVR: 6

I still believe there is a such thing called comeback AI. Some **** just shouldnt happen IMO.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:04 AM   #28
Throw Up The X

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Locking this because it was completely unnecessary to bump a half-year old thread.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »