The official "I need help manually passing" thread - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

The official "I need help manually passing" thread

This is a discussion on The official "I need help manually passing" thread within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen

Old 08-28-2012, 06:37 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: The official "I need help manually passing" thread

So are you guys saying you basically don't use all the fancy new features they built into the game like receivers looking back at you when they're open?

Any of you turn the game speed down to help? or will changing game speed ttoally destroy you when you go back to normal speed? I was thinking of using slow game-speed to learn how to use different run commands like juke, hurdle, stiff arm etc.

Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 08-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #12
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Another thing is practice your presnap read. Dnt jus get up to the line an hike the ball. Let the defense settle. For instance if a safety is blitzing he will creep up most of the time if you wait you can see it. Look at your linebackers to. Now sometime they are bluffing but you can tell that right after the snap. If you use the rstick for avoidance after you get out of the sack be ready to unload or run bc you will get crushed if you dnt.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:28 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpinard
So are you guys saying you basically don't use all the fancy new features they built into the game like receivers looking back at you when they're open?

Any of you turn the game speed down to help? or will changing game speed ttoally destroy you when you go back to normal speed? I was thinking of using slow game-speed to learn how to use different run commands like juke, hurdle, stiff arm etc.
I play on very slow, think it looks and feels nice. Slow is probably the perfect NFL speed, but it just feels more weighted on slow. Specially with the Xbox controller IMO
Old 08-30-2012, 07:55 PM   #14
CPU vs CPU

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
PS Network: kame-flazh
Glad a google search lead me to this thread. I never thought to focus first on the pass rush then check downfield. Now I wanna try that out but gotta watch the Gamecocks. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chicago Bulls
Old 08-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #15
CPU vs CPU

NoleFan's Arena

Tried this quick in an exhibition game as TEN at HOU. At halftime I was 5/20 with Jake Locker. :-( lol

I only threw the 1 interception that was returned for a score because I pulled everyone away so I could get the ball back. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chicago Bulls
Old 08-31-2012, 05:46 AM   #16
Rookie

Shogun613's Arena

PS Network: Shogun613

Focusing on the pass rush first is a very bad idea... at the snap of the ball, you need to be keying on the strong or weak side defender, depending where the primary route is. The first step is to make pre-snap reads -http://smartfootball.com/passing/att...e-passing-game After that, as many have stated before, is to get your timing in the pocket down. 3 seconds is pretty much the norm. Always have a clock going in your head - "One one thousand, two one thousand, three.."

The key to a great passing game is utilizing the pass patterns the way they were designed, unless you change your primary read to the "hot" receiver on a blitz. The primary route is usually a part of a pass "pattern", or a group of routes designed to work together. For example, a TE post route usually works well with a curl underneath to the z receiver, and a RB route to the flats. 9 times out of 10, the defense cannot defend all three. This is where making the correct reads and "taking what the defense gives you" comes into play.

I can go on and on about reading and attacking coverages, but I figure maybe someday I'll compile a good bunch of links and make a "knowledge base" for this kind of thing. I see a lot of people just forcing the ball into coverage all over the place, and I think people would appreciate a few good links.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:04 AM   #17
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Shogun that's def a great link but does Madden actually cover that defensive blueprint? Coverages are disguised pretty well
Old 08-31-2012, 08:12 AM   #18
CPU vs CPU

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun613
Focusing on the pass rush first is a very bad idea... at the snap of the ball, you need to be keying on the strong or weak side defender, depending where the primary route is. The first step is to make pre-snap reads -http://smartfootball.com/passing/att...e-passing-game After that, as many have stated before, is to get your timing in the pocket down. 3 seconds is pretty much the norm. Always have a clock going in your head - "One one thousand, two one thousand, three.."

The key to a great passing game is utilizing the pass patterns the way they were designed, unless you change your primary read to the "hot" receiver on a blitz. The primary route is usually a part of a pass "pattern", or a group of routes designed to work together. For example, a TE post route usually works well with a curl underneath to the z receiver, and a RB route to the flats. 9 times out of 10, the defense cannot defend all three. This is where making the correct reads and "taking what the defense gives you" comes into play.

I can go on and on about reading and attacking coverages, but I figure maybe someday I'll compile a good bunch of links and make a "knowledge base" for this kind of thing. I see a lot of people just forcing the ball into coverage all over the place, and I think people would appreciate a few good links.
Thanks for this info. I'll definitely give this a try after work.
Chicago Bulls
Old 08-31-2012, 09:21 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

Just play games and don't make stupid mistakes. The problem alot of people have is they want to throw bombs all game and get frustrated whent they don't have 8 seconds in the pocket.

Throw to open guys and audible to shorts routes if you see heat coming. A sack is always better than a pick and there is nothign wrong with punting.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:41 AM   #20
Rookie

Tonskeezay's Arena

When you throw use total control passing and lead your receiver away from defenders/into open space

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »