challenges in madden 13 - Page 4 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

challenges in madden 13

This is a discussion on challenges in madden 13 within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen

Old 07-02-2012, 04:50 AM   #31
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: challenges in madden 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple28Pedestrian
The whole problem with the challenge system is that the CPU has to artificially make a mistake such as rule a completed catch or a knee wasn't down, so that we can challenge that mistake they made.
Refs make mistakes because their view is obstructed and/or things happen too quickly. That's what they need to figure out to get into Madden.

Also some referee crews are better than others at getting plays correct (meaning when challenged less of their calls get overturned). Some crews challenge more plays inside of two minutes than others. Some call more penalties than others.

IMO instead of intentionally making the refs make mistakes to create a need for a challenge system, refs/ref crews should have ratings as well. And also in situations where refs for whatever reason can't see the play / the ball, they should be more likely to make mistakes.

Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 07-02-2012, 09:20 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I never claimed otherwise.

My point was that even if we tell the game what to challenge I still don't have the faith that it will get it correct which is why I pointed out the scenario I did in my post.
Ok, so my question to you is, "Does it really matter"?

I feel as long as EA gives us this option, then I can rest a lil better knowing they're heading in the right direction and atleast trying. As its been stated before, we have asked for this for over 7 years now along with getting wins online when our opponents quit games on us and guess what? They stumbled onto that by accident lol!

But I understand where you're coming from, I just want to stop seeing the 1 step forward 3 steps back with features and things that should be in the game.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:45 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 16
PS Network: NSODeuce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampking101
I can imagine it would be difficult to implement but it would keep it completely realistic. You still get to say what you want to challenge but the code still looks at all aspects.
If the code is already looking at all aspects of the play, what does saying what you want to challenge accomplish? Sounds redundant.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:15 PM   #34
#letsgoavs

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
PS Network: nuke28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Ok, so my question to you is, "Does it really matter"?

I feel as long as EA gives us this option, then I can rest a lil better knowing they're heading in the right direction and atleast trying. As its been stated before, we have asked for this for over 7 years now along with getting wins online when our opponents quit games on us and guess what? They stumbled onto that by accident lol!

But I understand where you're coming from, I just want to stop seeing the 1 step forward 3 steps back with features and things that should be in the game.
Does what matter?

Does it matter if they allow us to choose what we are reviewing?

It may not matter but what good would it be if we were choosing to challenge something that wasn't done correctly anyway?
Old 07-03-2012, 09:46 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Does what matter?

Does it matter if they allow us to choose what we are reviewing?

It may not matter but what good would it be if we were choosing to challenge something that wasn't done correctly anyway?
Running animations are not correct, most times it feels like every running back and WR are one in the same, but the fact that they're in the game is a good thing. I just want the option even if it works just like everything else in madden...IFFY!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »