SB Nation hands on Madden 13 preview at cover announcement party - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

SB Nation hands on Madden 13 preview at cover announcement party

This is a discussion on SB Nation hands on Madden 13 preview at cover announcement party within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen

Old 04-27-2012, 01:12 AM   #11
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: SB Nation hands on Madden 13 preview at cover announcement party

Is it me that during the running play. It looks like the Dlineman was getting sucked into the olineman like in the past. I'm just worried suction maybe back this year. Last year suction wasn't much of a problem. But it look to me it might be back in a bad way. Hope this is not true. Looks like overall the D maybe a weak link in gameplay this year. Like someone said before. This might be the year of pointsfest. Really hope the D is not dumb down this year to make the offseason look good. This would be really disappointing.

Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 04-27-2012, 05:07 AM   #12
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
PS Network: al_tough_24
Quote:
Originally Posted by capn_razzamataz
Urlacher hits his own teammate in the back and knocks he and the ballcarrier down. Like others have said, it's very different than anything we've seen in previous games. Far from 100% proof of physics being implemented, but encouraging nonetheless.
Maybe they reimplemented bits and pieces of Pro-tak? That's the impression I get.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
Old 04-27-2012, 05:27 AM   #13
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
PS Network: SteelerSpartan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Maybe they reimplemented bits and pieces of Pro-tak? That's the impression I get.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
Thats what I thought...ProTak 2.0

SixBurgh!!!

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 04-27-2012, 07:57 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 15
PS Network: Jedi 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
Could've done without that opening rap...

I know man, and I've been a fan of rap music for over 20yrs, but sometimes it can come off kind of corny if it isn't the place or time for it.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:26 AM   #15
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17
PS Network: XxImBack215xX

looked decent to me, it's early. I hope madden truly is trying to get back in touch with fans and not just trying to sell a video game.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:34 AM   #16
Rookie

brobamigo's Arena

OVR: 0

IMO there's a reason they keep cutting out right before they tackle in these vids..there's also a reason they keep showing Ncaa on the last years engine..I don't ever remember them doing that and they constantly keep making sure we know it was last years
Old 04-27-2012, 08:35 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
I know man, and I've been a fan of rap music for over 20yrs, but sometimes it can come off kind of corny if it isn't the place or time for it.
Absolutely. I'm a fan myself but that **** was cornball lol.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:39 AM   #18
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

They said last year that you could influence and push back piles, but in my time with the game, I was never able to do that. Perhaps it is finally in fully this year, as Urlacher definitely hit peanut and the ball carrier and knocked them back.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #19
S2P

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Ok, someone should have warned us about "hiphopgamer" so we could mute the beginning of the video.

Last game: UTSA 27, UH 7

Next game: Sat Sept 6 vs Grambling

Tony Levine must go.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:35 AM   #20
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

I went back and poured over the video, and focused on what I could actually see instead of guess at. At the 38 second mark there's actually gameplay footage -- looks like a zone or smash play with Gore vs. the Packers -- I gotta say I'm a little disheartened. It looks exactly the same... EXACTLY the same.

If there are physics, it certainly wasn't apparent along the offensive/defensive line. There is not a hint of mobility from the defensive end, once he is engaged, to push outside and attempt to seal the edge. The run fits still look non-existent. Couldn't see who the Packer linebacker was, but when he read run, instead of blowing into that B gap, he did the same kinda, stand up and slide, then he decides to mash the gas into the B gap after Gore decides to sprint off tackle to the C gap, and completely misses him.

One of my biggest peeves with Madden 12 was that the linebackers don't shoot their guns per se when they read run. On zone-type, or smash plays especially, they were programmed to stand up in place and kinda slide, waiting for the runner to make is decision. And when they did decide to attack a gap, the backer was either eaten up by a block, or the cut-on-a-dime animations rendered them impotent to the movements of the runner who was allowed to a cutback or accelerate to the outside just like the video. That, and the linebackers didn't consistently switch gaps the way they are supposed to.

If you're gonna have linebackers slow play it like that, then you have to have the ends move to seal the edges better. In fact, the entire defensive line should be mashing their way to the right of the screen in pursuit. When that play is run, it should feel like the entire defense is flowing right.

I'd love to get LBz's take on this, but I really didn't like what I saw there.

Last edited by Senator Palmer; 04-27-2012 at 10:37 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »