Which is the best Madden for PS3? - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Which is the best Madden for PS3?

This is a discussion on Which is the best Madden for PS3? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen

Old 03-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Which is the best Madden for PS3?

Quote:
Ps2 madden 05. Madden 12 can't touch it besides graphics.

Madden 05 is the best/Madden 11 for ps2 is a close second/ I thought 06 was one of the worst (with poor qb vison feature you have to use for all madden) it still blows Madden 12 for ps3 out the water even with the graphical edge.

Last edited by 1D4ever; 03-06-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 03-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #12
Rookie

illini4life's Arena

OVR: 6

madden 08 was the best for ps3, BUT madden 05 was the best out of them all. seriously anyone who thinks madden 12 is a "good" game is either lying or plain stupid...

COLLEGE
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE UofI
Fighting Illini!

MLB
Dodgers!

PSN: coocath110

OSCFL- Purdue Boilermakers
Three yards and a cloud of dust- Kansas St. Wildcats
Old 03-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm just curious why so many folks back 08 on ps3/360... what was it about 08 that was great? I saw a few videos and noticed some flaws like no pocket forming on pass plays... I know a couple years ago someone tried to make updated rosters claiming it improved game play and the videos had impressive bits - but I also saw flaws. There are definitely flaws in madden 12 also, but why is 08 so well regarded all of a sudden?
Old 03-06-2012, 03:03 PM   #14
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4wduk3n
I'm just curious why so many folks back 08 on ps3/360... what was it about 08 that was great? I saw a few videos and noticed some flaws like no pocket forming on pass plays... I know a couple years ago someone tried to make updated rosters claiming it improved game play and the videos had impressive bits - but I also saw flaws. There are definitely flaws in madden 12 also, but why is 08 so well regarded all of a sudden?
There are some but I don't think a huge percentage of people think Madden 08 was that great on PS3. It was my first Madden on the PS3 and I found it flat out unplayable personally. It runs at only 30 fps, turnovers occur in crazy amounts, and it lacks very basic gameplay features compared to ps2 Madden and Madden 10-12 on PS3/360.

Madden 08 on the ps2 is my personal favorite of all time and it also has a pretty big fan base on the PC as well.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #15
The Lama

Armor & Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illini4life
madden 08 was the best for ps3, BUT madden 05 was the best out of them all. seriously anyone who thinks madden 12 is a "good" game is either lying or plain stupid...

Agree with the Madden 2005 comment.

But seriously I have no problem with anyone if they think Madden x is better than Madden XX or whatever......but throwing in a comment like lying or plain stupid is really bad form. I have been playing video games probably longer than you have been alive (I am just guessing because the post seems like something a 15 year old would say).

Just piss poor form dude. Tone it down a bit.

Ok I am off the "wanna be" moderator soap box.

http://http://www.twitch.tv/todem23

Follow my Dolphins Dynasty here!
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...nline-cfm.html
Old 03-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #16
Rookie

Fwiw I love the PC maddens, but I did always wish the pc madden mod community would focus more on 05...
May sound silly but 05 last gen had little things like pre-game commentary and focus on potential impact players, etc... went a long way towards immersion - especially in a long term franchise. Don't know why they took that out for 06 and beyond...
Old 03-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #17
Rookie

Murderousllama's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by crenk
The best MADDEN FOR ps3 imo is on the ps2......

I know thats not what your looking for and I am not trying to stir thing but if you can get past the obvious graphic and technological limitations of the ps2, I find that I have enjoyed playing madden on that system better and I have had a ps3 since the beginning

Madden 04 is my favorite Madden, but, my Ps3 doesn't support Ps2 games and I don't have Ps2 anymore, if it did , I would never have made this post.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:24 AM   #18
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm playing Madden 10 on the PS3 using OS forum member NoLimits77 week 9 roster update which I have made my own changes to. I'm also using a good slider set, although I can't remember who's set I used for my base.

You can download the roster here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...12-season.html
Old 03-09-2012, 10:57 PM   #19
DJ
#DallasToDallas

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I would say Madden 10.

Madden 12 isn't bad, but there's still not enough immersion there for me in terms of Franchise. I hate how you play a game, finish and then boom, next week's game is up on the schedule. No recap of the game you just played, no league news or anything. Yes, some of those things are accessible in the menus (which are horrible and need to be changed), but they should jump out at you after you exit a game.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:06 PM   #20
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9

honestly, it would be a best of the worst. madden stopped being fun for me once they made the switch to the ps3 and 360. if it's not a ps2 madden, then it sucks, in my opinion.

you'd be better off grabbing a ps2 for 100 bucks and picking up a few of the older maddens for that system. 04 was high scoring but very fun. 05 was the best. 06 had the passing cone, which was cool because it was something new. and the rest are pretty much updated versions of 05 from what i remember.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »