Madden almost close to RL :) - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Madden almost close to RL :)

This is a discussion on Madden almost close to RL :) within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen

Old 02-15-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Madden almost close to RL :)

With all the buzz about the upcoming draft/FA and the manning will he/wont he be traded, thought I'd start a franchise with the colts and do exactly what the rumour mill is saying.

So, Season 1. Simmed season with Manning off the depth chart (pretend hes injured), and finished 4-12. Not as bad as RL but bad enough to have 2nd overall pick. (always has to be someone worse, damn 1-15 bucs lol).

I traded Manning to the Redskins (as rumoured) for a 1st this year and future 3rd. (tbh no idea if thats fair, they were happy to give me 1st,2nd,3rd this year but i knew that was Madden trade bollox so i tried best to get it right, looked at Palmer deal and went from there).

Scarily, the Giants beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl 34-24. I reckon if i simmed that season 100 more times it was not going to get it that close to RL again.

SO got my new Franchise QB. Yes he was madden generated, 82 OVR. He has strong arm, good awr, good accuracy and 75 speed. Again not too far off to a certain Mr Luck we all know the colts will be picking up.

Season 2 1-1 so far....

Will finish season and then might look back in a years time and see how close it all actually went....

Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 02-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
All Star

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden almost close to RL :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncatto
(always has to be someone worse, damn 1-15 bucs lol).
Ouch, the Bucs went 1-15?

Yikes...I mean, they played like utter crap this year, but not quite that bad!

KBLover's M13 Experimental Sliders

Restoring the Fear: Raiders M13 CCM

Always the Devil Rays: Tampa Bay MLB13 Franchise
Old 02-15-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

IRL peyton will not be traded. his contract is too huge
Old 02-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

i did the same thing but i actually went thru and made every team have the exact record of this year(took forrrrreevvvveerrr)

I had the colts cut manning and have him sign in Washington also. Took control of the colts and had them draft the best QB in the draft and then change his name to Luck.

Also did things like fire head coaches and try to put the right coaches in the right places even though most coordinators dont have real names.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:23 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

When I saw the post and you said the Bucs went 1-15 I laughed. Im a Bucs fan.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:49 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
I traded Manning to the Redskins (as rumoured) for a 1st this year and future 3rd. (tbh no idea if thats fair, they were happy to give me 1st,2nd,3rd this year but i knew that was Madden trade bollox so i tried best to get it right, looked at Palmer deal and went from there).
I don't know where you get your rumors from, but no one I know with even a minimum of knowledge of the situation is speaking of a Manning trade.

There will be no trade. If you want to be "realistic", you need to cut Manning and let him go to Free Agency, cause that's what's gonna happen in reality.

There was never a way for Manning to be traded, the Colts would need to pay him a crapload of money (more than 20 million) as a bonus before the start of free agency, and there's no way whatsoever any NFL franchise pays a player that much just to trade him (because while in Madden, the money just magically appears out of thin air for you to spend as much as you want as long as you stay under the cap, in reality, that's REAL money, no GM is gonna just throw more than 20 million out the window)

So the only way for the Colts to trade Manning would be for him to rework his contract, but what reason could there be for him to do that? He knows the team wants him out, anyway, so why should he care whether they get a draft pick in return, and it would just limit his options because not every team would be ready to give up draft picks for him, so getting cut would be the much better option for Manning.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:37 PM   #7
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

The people who said Manning won't be traded are right.

Teams knew that Manning will likely be cut, so why trade for him?
Old 02-16-2012, 07:06 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Odd, i assume Madden has Mannings contract wrong then, cos he was getting paid 18m a year but it said 0 bonus, so when i traded him i took no salary cap hit?

Oh well it is good fun, into 3rd season now after another 4-12 season (man the colts have holes to fill).

Season 3 just won 34-29 against the Texans to go 1-0.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:11 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Odd, i assume Madden has Mannings contract wrong then
Of course it does, since Madden cannot simulate real life NFL contracts correctly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »