Random Fake UNFA's invading Franchise - Page 12 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Random Fake UNFA's invading Franchise

This is a discussion on Random Fake UNFA's invading Franchise within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen

Old 08-31-2011, 03:51 PM   #89
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Fake players in Madden 12, ruining Franchise for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Harrison
I understand it just fine. But the problem is not irreparable. And since we have the ability to do something about it, there's a point beyond which it's senseless to continue complaining instead of just biting the bullet and making the fix. Let the developers know what the issue is and even suggest some fixes, such has having the NCAA draft classes include all of the seniors and players who left early- because it appears that the NCAA draft classes don't bring in enough players to support the expanded rosters. But don't continue to beat a dead horse.

A large part of this problem is that from what I've been reading, the CPU is worse than ever when it comes to releasing players instead re-signing them, creating a lot of roster holes which it then fills with these scrub fakes. That's not a problem for me, because I've been doing 32 team control for years. I'm strictly offline franchise, so I would have given up on Madden long ago if there was not a 32 team control option.

I re-sign players for all teams. I go through the list and determine who the team should try to keep. Using a random number generator, I determine who re-signs and who opts for free agency, then use the franchise tag to keep one of the guys going FA if his OVR merits it.

I skip the FA bidding wars. Instead, I make a list of FA's, then determine which teams would be targeting them. Back to the random number generator. High number gets the player, and the team that gets him eliminates other players at that position from its list- no oversigning at a position in my franchises.

I draft for each team according to its needs for at least three rounds before autodrafting for the other 3 teams. I try to improve all the teams. I trade picks to ensure that teams have picks traded to them in the past, and I rotate the order for teams with the same record by trading the picks (i.e. a 2-14 team picks first, and second and third are a couple of 3-13 teams are 2nd and 3rd. In round 2, the team with the third overall pick will be picking second.

That's a lot of extra work, I know, but I wouldn't do an offline franchise without it. Should I HAVE to do it to improve franchise? No, the game should be better than that, and I let EA know every year. But since I have the option of doing those things, SHOULD I do them instead of letting the CPU do wonky stuff. For me it's either yes, or skip the game entirely. I actually enjoy doing my offseasons this way, as it keeps me familiar with who is on each team.

On the subject of player acquisition, another advantage to 32 team control is getting front 7 players that are appropriate to a team's defensive scheme, such as DT-sized DE's for 3-4 teams.

Other things I can do in 32 team control are set the RB carry splits for each team, which actually worked for sim stats lats year, set the coaching tendencies to generate accurate season stats, and give return duties to a backup player instead of a star WR/RB

Your work load with 32 team control doesn't have to be nearly as heavy as mine. You can reset signing, drafting, etc. to CPU and intervene as much or as little as you see fit. Don't see 32 team control as an inconvenience. See it as a tool to enhance your franchise experience.

What will I do in year 2 when a bunch of fake players show up? I'll go here:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...s?&start_row=0

-which has a list of 750 prospects for the 2012 draft, and change the names and schools. As has been the case for me in the past with Madden-generated classes, you should be able to find a player who is within a few pounds on weight and an inch in height. I even use real life names from the scouting services for the first 2-3 seasons after 5 classes of NCAA exports.

Ratings too high for UDFA's? Edit them.

As I mentioned before, another option is re-rating the fakes to 0 and cutting them. By the time the regular season starts, they will have disappeared from the FA pool.

In a nutshell, 32 team control makes this a non-issue, and the old expression "tempest in a teapot" comes to mind.

WOW you and I do the same things when it comes to this game haha
Old 08-31-2011, 03:52 PM   #90
Banned

OVR: 0

I would really like to play the 2011 season against the real players in the NFL, not the fakes. I am a sim player, so I really don't like all these fake guys on the other teams instead of vets.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:52 PM   #91
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Harrison
If that's the case it's even less of an issue if you control all 32 teams. Make the cuts for each team. Make every cut a fake until you run out of fakes. NCAA exports will provide enough players for each team to just have real-name players. Even if a fake makes an opening day roster, you should be able to find a real life counterpart for him. For me, it will come down to some extra work in the preseason, and it won't have any long term affect on my franchise as far as teams being loaded up with this UDFA's.

And I did say that, no, we should not have to control all 32 teams. The point is that because we can, we should- or not buy the game. Things the devs know we can fix ourselves in such manner are probably at the bottom of their list of things to fix. They've never fixed everything that was wrong with the game from one year to the next, and in fact they always seem to introduce some new wrongs every year. And I'd rather see them fix things we have zero control over first. Features that were in last gen are still missing.

Like I said before, I wouldn't buy the game at all if it didn't allow 32 team control. Franchise mode would be just too broken for me. Maybe some of you, instead of pre-ordering the game or buying it on release day, should curb your desire to have it Day 1 and wait until the reviews and feedback start coming in, and skip getting it if it's not enough of what you want it to be, and let EA know you skipped it and why. Tell them it's another year that CPU team management sucks donkey balls and you're no longer going to to their work for them by controlling all 32 teams.
Wow, your example is like buying a brand new car that is promised to start with the push of a button and as a fail safe for emergency situations they incorporated a lever to pull start it.

I then buy the car brand new and find out the push start doesn't work and your logic is instead of getting it fixed- just use the pull start for the remainder of the time I own the car. Somehow its my fault as the consumer?
Old 08-31-2011, 03:57 PM   #92
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneRanger1
Wow, your example is like buying a brand new car that is promised to start with the push of a button and as a fail safe for emergency situations they incorporated a lever to pull start it.

I then buy the car brand new and find out the push start doesn't work and your logic is instead of getting it fixed- just use the pull start for the remainder of the time I own the car. Somehow its my fault as the consumer?
I didnt get that at all from that, what I got was in order for me to drive the car the way that i want to I have to redesign the engine. now will everybody do it no, but at this point in the game what are we going to do, EA has been making this game for a while now and every year people complain about CPU logic, this is why those of us that play online franchise do so, yeah we have to put in the work of building a salary cap and free agency system, but at least in the off season you know that other teams will run with some semblance of common sense. but I do applaud you for the time that it takes to do the offseason for 32 teams!!
Old 08-31-2011, 03:59 PM   #93
Rookie

89OneHanded's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye02
Then Madden team needs to do two things:

1) Let us edit and create our own draft classes from scratch.

2) Let us edit every single thing about a player. Like skin color, height, weight and age along with everything you can edit now. This game would be golden after that IMO.
^ Yep, exactly. Especially #1. (EA Devs, see 2K Sports. Thank you.)
Old 08-31-2011, 04:01 PM   #94
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Really simple fix for the devs here in next years game. The cut player option should be suspended for the first year, or at least the option to do it. Year two and beyond it is a good idea.

Only fix for now it seems is control all 32 teams.

Also the AI logic needs some tweaking. The depth chart logic still is absolute trash. The game really needs to make a player's primary position matter more when re-ordering the depth chart.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:08 PM   #95
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross_wittenmyer
Guys I think he is saying that there are too many UDFA actually making the teams. I saw Muhammed Wilkerson, Shane Vereen, Kelvin Sheppard, etc get cut in my first year of my franchise, whereas there are fictional UDFA with overalls of 40's making the rosters. The cut logic is a little flawed.
I can't even formulate into words how upset this makes me. Call me shallow or lazy...or both......but I enjoy playing against players I know and don't really want to have to mess around with controlling all 32 freakin' teams to get my rosters like I want them. I just want to play the games and handle my team's business. This sucks. I hope hope hope this is patchable...and they actually do it.

MLB 10 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011
NHL 2K10
NCAA Football 14
NBA 2K11
Madden 12
Old 08-31-2011, 04:13 PM   #96
Pro

HHHBigFan's Arena

OVR: 8

Ugh..I was really hoping for good things outta franchise this year

But this just sounds killer..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »