Random Fake UNFA's invading Franchise - Page 10 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Random Fake UNFA's invading Franchise

This is a discussion on Random Fake UNFA's invading Franchise within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen

Old 08-31-2011, 03:52 PM   #91
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Fake players in Madden 12, ruining Franchise for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Harrison
If that's the case it's even less of an issue if you control all 32 teams. Make the cuts for each team. Make every cut a fake until you run out of fakes. NCAA exports will provide enough players for each team to just have real-name players. Even if a fake makes an opening day roster, you should be able to find a real life counterpart for him. For me, it will come down to some extra work in the preseason, and it won't have any long term affect on my franchise as far as teams being loaded up with this UDFA's.

And I did say that, no, we should not have to control all 32 teams. The point is that because we can, we should- or not buy the game. Things the devs know we can fix ourselves in such manner are probably at the bottom of their list of things to fix. They've never fixed everything that was wrong with the game from one year to the next, and in fact they always seem to introduce some new wrongs every year. And I'd rather see them fix things we have zero control over first. Features that were in last gen are still missing.

Like I said before, I wouldn't buy the game at all if it didn't allow 32 team control. Franchise mode would be just too broken for me. Maybe some of you, instead of pre-ordering the game or buying it on release day, should curb your desire to have it Day 1 and wait until the reviews and feedback start coming in, and skip getting it if it's not enough of what you want it to be, and let EA know you skipped it and why. Tell them it's another year that CPU team management sucks donkey balls and you're no longer going to to their work for them by controlling all 32 teams.
Wow, your example is like buying a brand new car that is promised to start with the push of a button and as a fail safe for emergency situations they incorporated a lever to pull start it.

I then buy the car brand new and find out the push start doesn't work and your logic is instead of getting it fixed- just use the pull start for the remainder of the time I own the car. Somehow its my fault as the consumer?
Old 08-31-2011, 03:57 PM   #92
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneRanger1
Wow, your example is like buying a brand new car that is promised to start with the push of a button and as a fail safe for emergency situations they incorporated a lever to pull start it.

I then buy the car brand new and find out the push start doesn't work and your logic is instead of getting it fixed- just use the pull start for the remainder of the time I own the car. Somehow its my fault as the consumer?
I didnt get that at all from that, what I got was in order for me to drive the car the way that i want to I have to redesign the engine. now will everybody do it no, but at this point in the game what are we going to do, EA has been making this game for a while now and every year people complain about CPU logic, this is why those of us that play online franchise do so, yeah we have to put in the work of building a salary cap and free agency system, but at least in the off season you know that other teams will run with some semblance of common sense. but I do applaud you for the time that it takes to do the offseason for 32 teams!!
Old 08-31-2011, 03:59 PM   #93
Rookie

89OneHanded's Arena

OVR: 1
PS Network: hhhushhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye02
Then Madden team needs to do two things:

1) Let us edit and create our own draft classes from scratch.

2) Let us edit every single thing about a player. Like skin color, height, weight and age along with everything you can edit now. This game would be golden after that IMO.
^ Yep, exactly. Especially #1. (EA Devs, see 2K Sports. Thank you.)
Old 08-31-2011, 04:01 PM   #94
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Really simple fix for the devs here in next years game. The cut player option should be suspended for the first year, or at least the option to do it. Year two and beyond it is a good idea.

Only fix for now it seems is control all 32 teams.

Also the AI logic needs some tweaking. The depth chart logic still is absolute trash. The game really needs to make a player's primary position matter more when re-ordering the depth chart.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:08 PM   #95
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26
PS Network: bh446066

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross_wittenmyer
Guys I think he is saying that there are too many UDFA actually making the teams. I saw Muhammed Wilkerson, Shane Vereen, Kelvin Sheppard, etc get cut in my first year of my franchise, whereas there are fictional UDFA with overalls of 40's making the rosters. The cut logic is a little flawed.
I can't even formulate into words how upset this makes me. Call me shallow or lazy...or both......but I enjoy playing against players I know and don't really want to have to mess around with controlling all 32 freakin' teams to get my rosters like I want them. I just want to play the games and handle my team's business. This sucks. I hope hope hope this is patchable...and they actually do it.

MLB 10 The Show (San Francisco Giants)
College Hoops 2K8 (Texas State Bobcats)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (OGC Nice)
Madden 12 (Dallas Cowboys)
NHL 2K10 (Hartford Whalers)
NCAA Football 11 (Florida Atlantic Owls)
NBA 2K11 (Denver Nuggets)
Old 08-31-2011, 04:13 PM   #96
Pro

HHHBigFan's Arena

OVR: 8

Ugh..I was really hoping for good things outta franchise this year

But this just sounds killer..
Old 08-31-2011, 04:17 PM   #97
MVP

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
So manually fixing shoddy programming logic is no big deal. I guess kind of like a car whose ignition and breaks don't work...You can hot wire it and use the parking break.

1. Most people don't have time to do this.
2. Even if we did, it takes away the whole challenge of GM mode and building your team up against other competent opponents.
The game has no warranty against shoddy programming and you can't take it to the shop and have somebody fix it, so I don't see the car analogy.

Buyer beware: If you get the game right away and discover that franchise mode is is sorely lacking without 32 team control, and you're unwilling to go that route, you've unwisely plunked down 60 bucks. And anyone who has time to play Madden has time to do it. It's just less time you'll have for actually playing games. I got my Madden 11 franchise through the 2018 season, and would rather have done it my way than get though 30 seasons of stupid CPU team management.

To the contrary of your statement no. 2, it makes it more of a challenge when you eliminate all of the stupid stuff the CPU does. In my 9 M11 seasons, I went to the Super Bowl once, in my 8th season. My opponent was the Lions, who would never have made the SB if their fortunes had been left to the CPU.

If you're a franchise player, then you should know that buying Madden is like buying a fixer-upper house or a "needs work" car. If you're not willing to do some remodeling or make repairs, just don't buy it. Sales speak louder to EA than any complaints we make. Every year we gripe and moan about this and that in the game, while EA laughs at us as it counts our money on the way to the bank and says, "See ya next year, sucker."
Old 08-31-2011, 04:24 PM   #98
Banned

OVR: 31
PS Network: buckeye02

As long as EA lets me create enough players to get all rosters to 75 players, then im about to start making a new roster set. EA isnt going to make another roster version with 75 players on each team like their should be. If all teams have 75 players, they wont sign any BS players for the first year.

Im going to make the file for myself atleast, Ill copy and upload it to the net if anyone wants it once im done.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:26 PM   #99
MVP

Manning2Harrison's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaW97
Manning2Harrison

you sir, have the patience of a saint.

and i commend you for coming up with such great ways to keep franchise on track. i think i jus might go with your suggestions for madden 12 franchise even though it seems as if wit all we have to do, it jus may take a forever to get thru a season
More like the stubbornness of a mule. I'm not going to put up with what I don't have to. It's either don't buy it, or fix what I can.
Old 08-31-2011, 04:29 PM   #100
Rookie

OVR: 6

the best solution would of been for madden 12 to allow all the players on our draft classes to come out during the draft no matter what. They should show all seniors and hey if you want to draft the guy go ahead but not limited to what they usually give us for the draft. Madden should import all players from NCAA draft classes no matter what and after every pre season they lowest rated players should disappear from the FA list.
Sammy LN52A750.Onkyo TXSR706.Sammy UN46B8000,Yamaha RXV465,3 Monster THX Speakers 200 w/Monster stands.2 Monster THX Speaker 100 w/Monster stands.Klipsch SUB10.PS3,Xbox 360 w/HDMI.Directv HDDVR Black.Iomega HD multimedia drive.Gateway Custom Made Gaming PC connected to TV via HDMI.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »