E3 IGN: Madden 12 Steelers vs. Cowboys TD - Page 8 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

E3 IGN: Madden 12 Steelers vs. Cowboys TD

This is a discussion on E3 IGN: Madden 12 Steelers vs. Cowboys TD within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2011, 11:21 PM   #57
*ll St*r
 
roadman's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Midwest
Posts: 16,914
Re: E3 IGN: Madden 12 Steelers vs. Cowboys TD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Looked similar to 10 to me. Still no real life after the whistle. No life pre snap, and the line play looked crappy. DEs still not getting up field.

Not sure what you guys are seeing, but it looked like same o to me.
Not even close to 10 pre and after snap.

The camera work itself on pre and after the whistle is totally different than 10.

Plus, I've seen DE's getting up field with E3 videos and when they first started coming out with info for Madden.
roadman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:22 PM   #58
Rookie
 
thrust's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Jan 2011
Re: E3 IGN: Madden 12 Steelers vs. Cowboys TD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Locomotion is showing that it needs improvement, and badly. That Tecmo-style back and forth running looks awful. I know it's mostly on the user, but the fact that it's possible without a realistic negative effect is bothersome.
YEP!!!......
__________________
This must be the year that EA finally gives the Bucs our orange pants.
That we wore for about a decade.
NOT!!!
Tweeted from Tampa Habitual Rehab Clinic
THRC
a home for the lonely
thrust is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:27 PM   #59
Staff Writer
 
jyoung's Arena
 
OVR: 38
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,348
Blog Entries: 49
Re: E3 IGN: Madden 12 Steelers vs. Cowboys TD

The bad

weak pass rush, ridiculous QB rollouts, terrible running animations, WWE pancake block flips a 300-pound lineman head-over-heels.

The good

awesome graphics and cut-scenes, improved tackling
jyoung is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:31 PM   #60
Banned
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Re: E3 IGN: Madden 12 Steelers vs. Cowboys TD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Man we are on 2 totally different planes here....
Where did anyone say the CPU rolled like that? He said UNLESS YOU PLAY ONLINE, you have nothing to worry about. Which means the CPU won't do that to you or in other words ---You only have to worry about that if you play online.

His post had zero to do with helping anything. He just made a statement that online would be where there would be an issue IF in fact it is an issue.
No one said the CPU rolled out like that. That's the point ! Everyone knows the CPU doesn't roll out like that. Everyone who saw that knew that a human did that. Everyone who fears that this will become an issue is worried that a human will exploit it, so there was really no reason bring up the fact that we will only encounter that online.

Maybe if I put "duh" in front of my original response, my point would have been clearer.

Here's what I meant when I asked " how does that help people who play online" : I know that you don't have to worry about that if you don't play online. Everyone knows that you will only encounter that online. Clearly, a lot of people worried about this will be online players, so what's your point in telling us that we will only encounter this if we play online?

Are we on the same plane now ?

Last edited by LiquorLogic; 06-07-2011 at 11:36 PM.
LiquorLogic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:31 PM   #61
Senior Moderator
 
PVarck31's Arena
 
OVR: 46
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 11,567
Blog Entries: 10
Re: E3 IGN: Madden 12 Steelers vs. Cowboys TD

I didn't see any issues with the locomotion until the guy controlling Bryant decided to run all twitchy and side to side like a moron. I know I don't do that. I know the cpu doesn't do it, so I'm not to worried about it.

The videos we have seen are such a small sample size. Just because someone got blocked one play doesn't mean he will get blocked every single play. I tried to take a look at the line play and maybe I just don't know football, but it looked fine to me.

Lets have a little perspective here.
PVarck31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:34 PM   #62
Rookie
 
Lodeus's Arena
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: E3 IGN: Madden 12 Steelers vs. Cowboys TD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
I didn't see any issues with the locomotion until the guy controlling Bryant decided to run all twitchy and side to side like a moron. I know I don't do that. I know the cpu doesn't do it, so I'm not to worried about it.

The videos we have seen are such a small sample size. Just because someone got blocked one play doesn't mean he will get blocked every single play. I tried to take a look at the line play and maybe I just don't know football, but it looked fine to me.

Lets have a little perspective here.
Good post.
Lodeus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:39 PM   #63
Rookie
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: May 2011
Re: E3 IGN: Madden 12 Steelers vs. Cowboys TD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquorLogic
Not playing randoms is too limiting for me
I agree. For years I played madden against the same 3 or 4 friends, but when I started playing "randoms" the game opened up in so many ways. I don't see any problem with players rolling out or any other tactic that helps them win. Usually, if you adjust your play calls and tactics (and are within reasonable skill level of your opponent) you can shut these players down, they suck at doing anything else. I don't like players that get away with the same crap 10-15 times a game. I think EA should program the Defense to pick up on a players habits, if they start pulling out the same play over and over, the D should get a boost to stop it, like they are reading it. Same goes for players that always go for it on 4th down. I would like to see the D get a slight boost in these situations to make it more of a gamble. Problem solved. Play all of your favorite cheese plays, but if you only have one or two, you will pay the price. Can't wait to see you all in a Quick game random match (but only if your DNF is under %15).
jackrubay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:49 PM   #64
MVP
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Nov 2005
Re: E3 IGN: Madden 12 Steelers vs. Cowboys TD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 31
I didn't see any issues with the locomotion until the guy controlling Bryant decided to run all twitchy and side to side like a moron. I know I don't do that. I know the cpu doesn't do it, so I'm not to worried about it.

The videos we have seen are such a small sample size. Just because someone got blocked one play doesn't mean he will get blocked every single play. I tried to take a look at the line play and maybe I just don't know football, but it looked fine to me.

Lets have a little perspective here.
ARE YOU SERIOOUSSSS??? Man now people are making excuses because of user control... No way should a player GLIDE AND SLIDE with no traction across the field like that user or CPU controlled. There was no foot planting at all when Dez was running. Stop making excuses for the lack of proper foot planting in Madden man...
__________________
AKA DEEJAY8595
djordan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 AM.

Top -