Long hair/dreadlocks - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Long hair/dreadlocks

This is a discussion on Long hair/dreadlocks within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen

Old 04-25-2010, 09:21 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Long hair/dreadlocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxnut1018
If EA is lazy and adding hair is an easy aesthetic change, then wouldn't that be the kind of thing they would add. I remember a very similar conversation in the Show forums and one of the developers said how difficult it is to add hair. Surely you wouldn't say the Show developers are lazy. The EA hate on this forum is ridiculous some times.
It's not EA hate. I just want them to get it right is all. Yes, I have played the show, and yes, that game blew my mind with the attention to detail. (Lazy is the last word I would use to describe it)

All I'm saying is that Madden has been on the "next generation" of consoles since 06 and this garbage doesn't fly anymore. IT CAN BE DONE. Player accuracy is important to me.

Get it done this year!

Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 04-25-2010, 10:27 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 13

No offense intended, but is hair really the biggest problem you see with Madden? Sheesh, I couldn't give a crap about hair (and that probably is not becausse I am balding, but who knows!). Ratings that matter, better interaction OL v. DL and WR v. CB, etc are all real concerns. Hair? Really?
Old 04-25-2010, 11:00 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

More long hairstyles that should be added in Madden 11 - Jeremy Shockey, Randy Moss, and DeAngelo Williams

Last edited by 61woods; 04-25-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:40 AM   #24
Banned

Sportz Freak's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
No offense intended, but is hair really the biggest problem you see with Madden? Sheesh, I couldn't give a crap about hair (and that probably is not becausse I am balding, but who knows!). Ratings that matter, better interaction OL v. DL and WR v. CB, etc are all real concerns. Hair? Really?
Its not the most important thing. Nobody is saying that.

But it does add to the authentic feel of the game if the players actually LOOK like their real life counterparts.

They did it on PS2...absolutely no excuses here. Seriously..absolutely no excuses for having the hair look that bad. They look like friggin ponytails. And not having guys with the right skin color? Thats embarrassing.

"If its in the game...its in the game". Ummm, yeah...
Old 04-25-2010, 11:43 AM   #25
Banned

Sportz Freak's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportz Freak

Yeah, just looking at those pics show how bad not only the hair is, but just the player model itself. But thats another story.

How about adding tattoos? The Show does it. NBA2K does it. But Madden? Nooope.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:13 PM   #26
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
While I can see guys wanting this fixed, I do not understand the fascination with realistic looking faces, hand towels, sidelines, and all that "fluff" when the game play itself needs serious work.

Just like 3D grass, are you kidding me with that? I tell you right now with one thousand percent honesty that I would gladly go back to PS2 graphics if they fixed the game play and player movements were as smooth as they were on legacy gen!!!
Dude...reread that. You'd be willing to cope with pS2 graphics if the gameplay was up to PS2 standards...sounds like you should just play PS2 lol. I know that's what I plan on doing come fall.

Old 04-25-2010, 02:17 PM   #27
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Please, get this through your head: EA has several different teams of people that work on different aspects of Madden. Some work on gameplay, some work on franchise (haha...), and some work on art and presentation. Having the art guys add realistic hair does not inhibit the gameplay people from improving OL/DL interaction.

Old 04-25-2010, 02:22 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
There's always one.

Old 04-25-2010, 02:26 PM   #29
Rookie

Dawsons_Creek's Arena

OVR: 3
PS Network: Winged_Eagle

I'm still waiting for Robert Gallery to get his long hair, AJ Hawk has his so whats the deal?
Old 04-25-2010, 03:31 PM   #30
Vawl

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
PS Network: seasprite204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dat 1 Dude
Does that really interfere with your gaming experience?
Matter of fact, it does. Details are very important to the game and there are a lot of people who want it as close as possible to what they see in real life.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »