Will Height Affect Speed Again? - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Will Height Affect Speed Again?

This is a discussion on Will Height Affect Speed Again? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2009, 09:38 PM   #11
Pro
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: FL
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Will Height Affect Speed Again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by circasurvive
I dont see why this should be changed. It makes sense to leave it be. Its more realistic. Thats why a lot of shorter players in the game are faster than taller players. Thats why some players dont draft high because theyre short. Taller is always better in the NFL. Same goes for Madden.
I am pretty sure they are rated higher because they are faster than others in real life. No reason a short guy with a 92 rating should not be faster than a tall guy with a 90 speed rating.


Last edited by bang911; 07-19-2009 at 11:44 PM.
bang911 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 07-19-2009, 10:03 PM   #12
MVP
 
judgejudy's Arena
 
OVR: 13
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Tucson
Re: Will Height Affect Speed Again?

last time i checked height affects speed in real life too.
judgejudy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:48 PM   #13
Pro
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: FL
Blog Entries: 3
Re: Will Height Affect Speed Again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgejudy
last time i checked height affects speed in real life too.
Carolina Panther, Steve Smith, would have something to say about that.

As poster below me points out. It might make your times faster.... but that is what you are rated on.. your times.

Last edited by bang911; 07-19-2009 at 11:01 PM.
bang911 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 10:53 PM   #14
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Palm Beach Florida
Re: Will Height Affect Speed Again?

Height does affect speed, but the speed rating is given based on how fast the player actually is, and so guys with the same rating should run the same speed.
ramzes93 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:05 PM   #15
Rookie
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fargo, ND
Re: Will Height Affect Speed Again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang911
Carolina Panther, Steve Smith, would have something to say about that.

As poster below me points out. It might make your times faster.... but that is what you are rated on.. your times.
To a lesser degree, DeSean Jackson and Santana Moss would also like to chime in on that subject. There's plenty of small dudes who run fast as hell. Think of guys like Sproles, or hell, any RB for that matter.
achain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 11:12 PM   #16
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: May 2009
Re: Will Height Affect Speed Again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzes93
Height does affect speed, but the speed rating is given based on how fast the player actually is, and so guys with the same rating should run the same speed.
I completely agree. This makes sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by achain
To a lesser degree, DeSean Jackson and Santana Moss would also like to chime in on that subject. There's plenty of small dudes who run fast as hell. Think of guys like Sproles, or hell, any RB for that matter.
Chris Johnson maybe... lol
Pbrown88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:12 AM   #17
All Star
 
OVR: 33
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Re: Will Height Affect Speed Again?

If you're the same speed. Then well, you should be running the same speed.
Exonerated is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:37 AM   #18
Banned
 
Nintari's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Aug 2008
Re: Will Height Affect Speed Again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by circasurvive
Taller is always better in the NFL. Same goes for Madden.
Somewhere, Barry Sanders is tracing your I.P.
Nintari is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:00 AM   #19
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Re: Will Height Affect Speed Again?

Sprolles
Jones-Drew
Steve Smith
etc.....

4.3 speed is 4.3 speed. It doesn't matter if your 6-6 or 5-6 you are still going to be covering the same amount of ground.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by circasurvive
I dont see why this should be changed. It makes sense to leave it be. Its more realistic. Thats why a lot of shorter players in the game are faster than taller players. Thats why some players dont draft high because theyre short. Taller is always better in the NFL. Same goes for Madden.
Taller is not always better. Especially not for RBs and Line players.

Circa Survive is a great band though.

Last edited by cha0ss0ldier; 07-20-2009 at 01:02 AM.
cha0ss0ldier is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:41 AM   #20
Rookie
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Mar 2009
Re: Will Height Affect Speed Again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzes93
Height does affect speed, but the speed rating is given based on how fast the player actually is, and so guys with the same rating should run the same speed.
Quote:
last time i checked height affects speed in real life too.


i dont mean to pick on this poster but they put it most succinctly wrong.

height DOES NOT affect speed. what madden is not simulating accurately is whats called in track and field "turnover"

for example a guy 6'4, takes say 30 strides to cover 40 yards now say a guy 5'9 takes 35 strides to cover the same distance in the same time.

the 5'9 "turned over" more than moss cause he has shorter strides but he covered teh same distance in the same time. so he (in this example) is just as fast as moss in spite of the height difference.

some of teh fastes people in the NFL werent tall deion sanders 6'1, darrel green 5'10, deangelo happ (nfls fastest man 2005) 5'10, and as others mentioned steve smith, santana moss.

point being that taller does not equal faster in that was the case Yao Ming would be the fastest man on the planet LMAO

Last edited by strickzilla; 07-20-2009 at 05:41 AM.
strickzilla is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 AM.

Top -