Will Height Affect Speed Again? - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Will Height Affect Speed Again?

This is a discussion on Will Height Affect Speed Again? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen

Old 07-19-2009, 09:27 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Will Height Affect Speed Again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyscowboys
Well if this is gonna be the case for Madden 10 they should lower some of the taller guys speed. Moss's 97 is like 102 right now.

I know on last gen they would all run the same based on their rating height did not matter.

I agree. Some of these tall guys need to have their speed lowered. Not so sure about Randy Moss though. How many guys can keep up with him without help over the top?

RIP Steve. You will always be my Hero.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:34 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 2

I dont see why this should be changed. It makes sense to leave it be. Its more realistic. Thats why a lot of shorter players in the game are faster than taller players. Thats why some players dont draft high because theyre short. Taller is always better in the NFL. Same goes for Madden.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:38 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by circasurvive
I dont see why this should be changed. It makes sense to leave it be. Its more realistic. Thats why a lot of shorter players in the game are faster than taller players. Thats why some players dont draft high because theyre short. Taller is always better in the NFL. Same goes for Madden.
I am pretty sure they are rated higher because they are faster than others in real life. No reason a short guy with a 92 rating should not be faster than a tall guy with a 90 speed rating.

Last edited by bang911; 07-19-2009 at 11:44 PM.
Advertisements
Old 07-19-2009, 10:03 PM   #12
MVP

judgejudy's Arena

OVR: 13

last time i checked height affects speed in real life too.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:48 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgejudy
last time i checked height affects speed in real life too.
Carolina Panther, Steve Smith, would have something to say about that.

As poster below me points out. It might make your times faster.... but that is what you are rated on.. your times.

Last edited by bang911; 07-19-2009 at 11:01 PM.
Old 07-19-2009, 10:53 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Height does affect speed, but the speed rating is given based on how fast the player actually is, and so guys with the same rating should run the same speed.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:05 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang911
Carolina Panther, Steve Smith, would have something to say about that.

As poster below me points out. It might make your times faster.... but that is what you are rated on.. your times.
To a lesser degree, DeSean Jackson and Santana Moss would also like to chime in on that subject. There's plenty of small dudes who run fast as hell. Think of guys like Sproles, or hell, any RB for that matter.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:12 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzes93
Height does affect speed, but the speed rating is given based on how fast the player actually is, and so guys with the same rating should run the same speed.
I completely agree. This makes sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by achain
To a lesser degree, DeSean Jackson and Santana Moss would also like to chime in on that subject. There's plenty of small dudes who run fast as hell. Think of guys like Sproles, or hell, any RB for that matter.
Chris Johnson maybe... lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »