Madden Roster Editor V1 - Page 92 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Madden Roster Editor V1

This is a discussion on Madden Roster Editor V1 within the Madden NFL Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Rosters
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2012, 01:46 AM   #729
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Aug 2009
Re: Madden Roster Editor V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopia
Any luck on auto-converting players from older Madden rosters to Madden 12 yet?
In theory, its done, but when I load the roster, I'm getting issues, so have to figure out what the missing element is.
Xanathol is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #730
Rookie
 
Rysumm's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Sep 2010
Re: Madden Roster Editor V1

Hey Xan,

I thank God for your ability to create this editor, all the things I've been begging EA to allow us to do, this editor give us the ability to do.
And I know it's just going to get better the more it's tweaked.

I was curious if you have looked at the NFL 2k5 editor found at http://nfl2k5rosters.com/ and thought about incorporating some of the features from that editor into yours?

Again keep up the great work.
Rysumm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:24 AM   #731
Rookie
 
statsdon's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hampton, VA
Hey Xan, im curious have you posted any of your great work on EAsports forums. If EA gets a wiff of what you have accomplished, maybe they will get serious about what us hardcore gamers want out of madden and if they wont comply, we just wont buy and just use the editor to tweak the previous version as we see fit.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
Chicago Bull
Chicago Bears
Chicago Cubs
Chicago Blackhawks....
Damn those White Sox!!!
statsdon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #732
MVP
 
TreFacTor's Arena
 
OVR: 24
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Philly, Pa.
Blog Entries: 8
Re: Madden Roster Editor V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by statsdon
Hey Xan, im curious have you posted any of your great work on EAsports forums. If EA gets a wiff of what you have accomplished, maybe they will get serious about what us hardcore gamers want out of madden and if they wont comply, we just wont buy and just use the editor to tweak the previous version as we see fit.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
It would be huge mistake to take this to the EA forums.

1-it would most certainly be instantly deleted.

2-Ea could have anyone who uses the editor banned from live because it's altering saves (against ms TOS)

3-they could lean on OS to get rid of the info already here.

As to Ea caring about the depth and dedication of the offline franchise player, I don't think they give a rats azz. The game is built on arcade game play, and the most minimal franchise features and depth. For Madden, the least amount of work is the best it seems because they can't seem to get a complete, fully functioning simulation football game to the market no matter how much time they spend on it. The next game will suffer the same fate because of the short turn around, and they will move on to next gen. rinse wash repeat. When they don't have to make an NFL game every year, they may get it right, until then, well...at least we have the guys here at OS!
__________________
Proud Beta tester for NFL 2K Dreamcast
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
TreFacTor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #733
Rookie
 
statsdon's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hampton, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
It would be huge mistake to take this to the EA forums.

1-it would most certainly be instantly deleted.

2-Ea could have anyone who uses the editor banned from live because it's altering saves (against ms TOS)

3-they could lean on OS to get rid of the info already here.

As to Ea caring about the depth and dedication of the offline franchise player, I don't think they give a rats azz. The game is built on arcade game play, and the most minimal franchise features and depth. For Madden, the least amount of work is the best it seems because they can't seem to get a complete, fully functioning simulation football game to the market no matter how much time they spend on it. The next game will suffer the same fate because of the short turn around, and they will move on to next gen. rinse wash repeat. When they don't have to make an NFL game every year, they may get it right, until then, well...at least we have the guys here at OS!
You make some good points. Smh @ EA.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
Chicago Bull
Chicago Bears
Chicago Cubs
Chicago Blackhawks....
Damn those White Sox!!!
statsdon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:28 PM   #734
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2012
Re: Madden Roster Editor V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysumm
Hey Xan,

I was curious if you have looked at the NFL 2k5 editor found at http://nfl2k5rosters.com/ and thought about incorporating some of the features from that editor into yours?
As great as the NFL 2K5 editor is, I actually think Xan's editor far surpasses it. There seems to be more editing functions, and a lot more categories to sort by. It has everything I needed from the 2k5 editor, plus more. Can't really think of anything it's missing, personally.
christopia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:44 PM   #735
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2011
Re: Madden Roster Editor V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
It would be huge mistake to take this to the EA forums.

1-it would most certainly be instantly deleted.

2-Ea could have anyone who uses the editor banned from live because it's altering saves (against ms TOS)

3-they could lean on OS to get rid of the info already here.

As to Ea caring about the depth and dedication of the offline franchise player, I don't think they give a rats azz. The game is built on arcade game play, and the most minimal franchise features and depth. For Madden, the least amount of work is the best it seems because they can't seem to get a complete, fully functioning simulation football game to the market no matter how much time they spend on it. The next game will suffer the same fate because of the short turn around, and they will move on to next gen. rinse wash repeat. When they don't have to make an NFL game every year, they may get it right, until then, well...at least we have the guys here at OS!
Enjoy this tool for what it is.It's the first and last you will see of a madden editor.Pretty much all game save modders gave up on Madden,and many other EA games,due the checksums and what not.EA,from now on,will encrypt the living crap out the Madden files,so they can't be deciphered.M14's roster file will not be swap-able,with earlier versions of the game.They don't want people playing last years model.They want you to buy their new crap.Rosters for M12 can still be updated beyond 13,but it will take a lot more work.
MST246 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:51 PM   #736
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Aug 2009
Re: Madden Roster Editor V1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysumm
Hey Xan,

I thank God for your ability to create this editor, all the things I've been begging EA to allow us to do, this editor give us the ability to do.
And I know it's just going to get better the more it's tweaked.

I was curious if you have looked at the NFL 2k5 editor found at http://nfl2k5rosters.com/ and thought about incorporating some of the features from that editor into yours?

Again keep up the great work.
Thanks man, appreciate the feedback. Will check that out and see what we can do ( once I get this conversion thing working right )!

Quote:
Originally Posted by statsdon
Hey Xan, im curious have you posted any of your great work on EAsports forums. If EA gets a wiff of what you have accomplished, maybe they will get serious about what us hardcore gamers want out of madden and if they wont comply, we just wont buy and just use the editor to tweak the previous version as we see fit.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Exactly what others said - sad, but true, that EA only cares about $$$, hence the state of their product to begin with. We'll just keep this one to ourselves.
Xanathol is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Last Gen > Madden NFL Last Gen Rosters »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 AM.

Top -