At This Point, Are You Planning on Buying MLB The Show 17? - Operation Sports Forums
Home

At This Point, Are You Planning on Buying MLB The Show 17?

This is a discussion on At This Point, Are You Planning on Buying MLB The Show 17? within the Front Page Polls forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Front Page Polls
Poll: MLB The Show 17: What is your buying decision right now?
Poll Options
MLB The Show 17: What is your buying decision right now?

Old 02-21-2017, 12:46 PM   #1
Executive Editor

MMChrisS's Arena

OVR: 57
At This Point, Are You Planning on Buying MLB The Show 17?

MLB The Show 17
is slowly revealing its secrets -- and thus far we've learned quite a bit about this year's game.

You can check out the MLB The Show 17 page to learn more about what this year's game is bringing to the table if you are not caught up.

With all of that in mind, what do you think about this year's game? Are you planning on purchasing it? Do you still have reservations?

Sound off by voting in our poll. Also, leave a comment as to why you selected what you did!
Game: MLB The Show 17 Hype Score for game: 9 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 Votes for game: 31 - View All

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2017, 01:02 PM   #2
Pro

garyjr33's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: At This Point, Are You Planning on Buying MLB The Show 17?

100%. It has become the only game I buy on day 1 each year at this point. Amazing development team. Consistent improvement. Fantastic game. Great sport.
NBA: Knicks
NCAAF: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette
NCCAB: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette
Old 02-21-2017, 01:08 PM   #3
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31
This year will be the first year I don't buy The Show on Day 1, but I'll instead wait until it goes on sale or OSFM releases, whichever comes first. Not buying it Day 1 because I don't think it's worth it, but because I'll be a Dad to #2, I need to pinch some pennies.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:16 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 9
I'm thinking I'll buy it day 1 or shortly after release with the news that's been coming out having me excited. Still much left to see but so far so good!
Old 02-21-2017, 01:21 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0
I am waiting this year! Learned my lesson over the past 4yrs. Will see if any key features that I personally use have been removed before buying this time.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:29 PM   #6
All Star

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm going to pre-order in the next week or so.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:47 PM   #7
Pro

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Well, the key phrase is "at this point". Right now, I would say that I am not making it a Day One purchase. I have several other non-sports games coming out soon that I'll be buying and spending a lot of time with in the coming months, and I'm not going to get the game only to have it sit on the shelf for a while.

Even more importantly though, is that I play only single player, offline franchise mode. Honestly, they need to really impress me with additions to the owner mode/GM aspect to get my attention. That's the most important part of the game for me, even moreso than on the field gameplay. We'll see what they have to reveal in the coming weeks as far as that's concerned.

Right now, I would say that if I'm really interested and into the additions, I'll likely get the game at some point from mid May through June. If I'm moderately interested, then I'll likely get it on sale (half off or so) in August, as I have a few different times in recent years. If they don't bother to improve owner/franchise mode much, then I'll just keep picking up 2016 from time to time and roll with that for the next year.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:49 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0
Pre-order every year bust because I love baseball and RTTS is my go to mode. Every year I start out in the minors for my Red Sox, and every year I never make it passed the first year. In fact I typically even spend some money to get my guys attributes up enough to be considered as a call up in that first year. Too often do the Sox make ridiculous trades throughout the season in RTTS that I want to make sure I get called up to play with the actual team I know. I hope they can fix that this year come to think of it. I wish there was a way to play RTTS but also have control over the teams decisions. I love the GM aspect of every sports game more than I like playing the actual game and the only way I really can get through an entire season is by playing as my created player. If they or any other sports game could combine those two modes into one I would be a happy camper. I know I cant be the only one out there to want this right? Anyway, the graphics look much better this year so I am definitely excited and cant want to see whats new for RTTS. I've recently gotten hooked on NBA2k playing MyPlayer Career and I think all sports titles are chasing that game right now. The depth and visual display on that game is second to none. I think The Show is working towards that with what I've seen so far so its definitely one of the few sports titles I will continue to buy every year. Fifa is the only other close one. Madden and NHL are terrible. Wish they would bring back NCAA Football lol

Anyway, got off tangent there. very excited for the game this year and cant wait to see what they have in store for RTTS.

Oh, and Chris Sale is on the Red Sox! RINGS

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Front Page Polls »