NBA/2K eSports League: Are You Interested? - Operation Sports Forums
Home

NBA/2K eSports League: Are You Interested?

This is a discussion on NBA/2K eSports League: Are You Interested? within the Front Page Polls forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Front Page Polls
Poll: NBA/2K eSports League: Are You Interested?
Poll Options

Old 02-16-2017, 11:18 AM   #1
Executive Editor

MMChrisS's Arena

OVR: 57

Last week, 2K and the NBA announced a new eSports league featuring 8-12 teams of five players apiece owned by actual NBA franchises. The concept certainly seems cool, with games being broadcast online and players earning a full-time living while playing through an 82 game season.

There are some questions as to logistics and even if the whole thing can actually work -- but its certainly an exciting prospect and direction sports games could go in.

But what do you think? Do you think the NBA/2K partnership in an eSports league is something worthwhile?

Sound off by voting in the poll and then leave a comment with your thoughts!
Game: NBA 2K17 Reader Score for game: 6.5 - Vote Now
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One Votes for game: 12 - View All

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2017, 11:46 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Absolutely not. I feel competitive online gaming has ruined every sports game for the last 4 years. I buy every sports release from Madden, MLB the show, NBA 2k, NHL and Fifa. Every game is solid in terms of gameplay and realism at release and then gets completely nerfed via patch to cater to online cry babies. First year ever I have actually considered giving up gaming because what I play on the PS4 doesn't even remotely resemble the product I see on TV.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:00 PM   #3
Rookie

Nope. Could care less.

I care about my gaming experience not some over hyped circle jerk.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:16 PM   #4
Pro

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA/2K eSports League: Are You Interested?

I don't know yet. I feel like it could be a hit or miss. If they truly make it entertaining to watch, and not just showing the gameplay but show the people playing, communicating, fun personalities playing and commenting on the game, it might be interesting. I don't think I'd watch every game they stream but to see highlights and fun interactions would be cool I guess. Depends on the players too. If they're a bunch of jerks who just show up and ball without being fun to watch, then it will be hard to watch.
Old 02-16-2017, 12:50 PM   #5
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

With so much money and reputation on the line: I expect it to be worth it. Growth takes time and it'll take time for the league to expand... just no telling if it can reach 30 and leave a huge footprint or will 2k esports remain in obscurity among the established high ranked e-Leagues?

I'm personally interested. I been following the Pro Am tournaments and enjoy following esports tourneys in general. I hope to be impressed by the gameplay. I hope it makes me feel like I'm missing out on an elite state of the art esport basketball experience.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 02-16-2017 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:00 PM   #6
Banned

jax01's Arena

Some people want to be the GM and control 5 guys, some people want to be apart of a team. I prefer 5on5 all human gameplay 'cause it's similar perspective to basketball irl. And what beats playing for real $$? Just hope it's not a YT marketing ploy and they fix the servers first. Also 100k+ players all competing for 150 spots seems unrealistic. They need to expand the pool of players or something.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:15 PM   #7
Rookie

Pound4pound's Arena

I'd be interested if I actually had a chance to be on a team...

What are they tryouts for each team or will they just pick the guys on top of the leaderboards?
Old 02-16-2017, 02:32 PM   #8
Rookie

Couldn't be more disinterested. This franchise is rightfully chasing a unique untapped market, but I think they've lost their way in quality functional gameplay. I'm not saying the passion or effort isn't there, but this console generation hasn't been good at all in my opinion and I couldn't be more disappointed. I think chasing e sports or trying to beat ea to the punch is skipping steps which I feel the franchise didn't do in the previous console generation. Core functional gameplay should be solid before these steps are implemented.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Front Page Polls »