The Official NFL2k5 Draft Classes Thread - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

The Official NFL2k5 Draft Classes Thread

This is a discussion on The Official NFL2k5 Draft Classes Thread within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football

Old 02-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: The Official NFL2k5 Draft Classes Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfEd
Ahh.. Thanks for the clarification. So say the players name gets scrambled, and is then edited in the editor, does it end up counting againt one of your CAPS? Sorry for the noob Qs, just been cramming 8 yrs of threads into the past several weeks. I did DL the editor and a few rosters to get familiar with it, very impressed.
That's the thing with my draft classes, you don't need to edit players names in the editor. The only thing you need to use the editor for is to export the draft classes and import them. You also need to change some of the players PBP(play by play)in the editor, but this is only optional.

Never ever edit players names in the editor. If you do, you will completely screw up your franchise file. Your franchise could become corrupted, it will start to freeze, players(in the draft and players already on teams)names will get scrambled or players will reset altogether. Players name, college, birth date and all we reset if you edit players names inside the editor.

So I'll repeat do not editor players names with the editor.

The correct way to edit players is to put NFL2k5 into your xbox or 360, turn the game on, load up your franchise as if you're about to play a game. Once your franchise is loaded, go to the upcoming rookie screen and edit the players name within the game. You must make sure you have the edit rookie option on. I will try to work on the tutorial this weekend and I will try to upload the 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009 draft classes by Tuesday so you can get started.

And no the players in the draft class don't count as CAP's. The players in my draft class just replaces the players in the default draft class. There's 380 players in the default draft class and 380 players in each of my draft classes as well.

Last edited by Bump101; 02-10-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 02-14-2012, 04:41 PM   #12
Banned

belucheez2's Arena

OVR: 5

Good luck with this OP and whoever else helps him out. I'll definitely be following this thread until everything is finished. Draft classes are always a big thing for me.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:26 AM   #13
Rookie

Alright guys, thought i'll just update everyone on the draft classes.

The 2010 and 2011 draft classes is taking longer than we expected but should be up in another 2 weeks.

The 2009 draft class needs more tweaking and will be up in a week.

Here are the 2005-2008 draft classes below. You must have winrar to unzip files.

I've been very busy the past week with my new job and all, plus I forgot tuesday was valentines day, so that and a number of other things held me up from posting these.

Anyway if you guys have any question about the draft classes, post your questions in this thread and i'll try my best to answer them. I added some instructions with the draft classes, but I didn't have time to create a tutorial with images or what not. I'll have the tutorial finish by the time the other 3 draft classes are finish.

Until then you guys have fun with the other draft classes and let me know how the players you're eventually going to draft turn out. It's 2:30 am, I have to be up by 10. lol. Have fun guys.

Last edited by Bump101; 05-03-2012 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Removed old draft classes
Old 02-16-2012, 03:32 AM   #14
Banned

belucheez2's Arena

I'm just a little bit confused about the instructions because I am using the whole Xbox 360 transfer cable method. Would it still would the same way?
Old 02-16-2012, 12:50 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by belucheez2
I'm just a little bit confused about the instructions because I am using the whole Xbox 360 transfer cable method. Would it still would the same way?
I never transferred files for the 360. But if you have already transferred files for 2k5 for 360 before, then transfer the files the way you normally do and just follow the rest of the instructions accordingly.

I mainly created the instructions to show everyone how to edit the players names, and identify a player if their name gets scrambled or reset. I hope this helped.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #16
Rookie

bigdaddykraven's Arena

OVR: 4
PS Network: bigdaddykraven

Wow this sounds awesome...going to have to give it a try. Thanks for the work.
Old 02-18-2012, 05:20 PM   #17
Banned

belucheez2's Arena

Simmed through a season and got to the draft. It was really cool seeing some of the known names now coming off the board. Aaron Rodgers went #1 overall to the 1-15 Giants (funny how crazy this sounds now.) Great class man. Everyone who should have went first round went first round. Sorry I didn't type down the Round 1 but I am going to start a new season here soon and re-do it. Nice job.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:35 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddykraven
Wow this sounds awesome...going to have to give it a try. Thanks for the work.
No problem man. If you need any help just let me know. It might take me a day or two to answer questions because I have alot going on right now but I'll try to answer everyone questions as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belucheez2
Simmed through a season and got to the draft. It was really cool seeing some of the known names now coming off the board. Aaron Rodgers went #1 overall to the 1-15 Giants (funny how crazy this sounds now.) Great class man. Everyone who should have went first round went first round. Sorry I didn't type down the Round 1 but I am going to start a new season here soon and re-do it. Nice job.
Thanks. I tried to make sure players from every position had a chance of getting drafted in the first round and not just RB's, OT's, DE's. I also tried to keep players ratings close to the default as possible. So you won't see 20 players with 80 overall ratings in one draft. But it sounds like everything turned out alright.

I have a question though, how many players did you have to rename? Was it more than 20? I just want to know for draft tweaking reasons. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the draft classes, and it looks like Eli time in NY is up now that they have Aaron Rodgers and all.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #19
Banned

belucheez2's Arena

Yeah the Giants didn't really make a logical choice. Sorry I don't remember how many names I changed though. Got through about 10-15 and than called it quits because I was just wanting to test out if everything went well. You're right though about those long names or awkwardly spelled names, most of those names got renamed. Like I said, I'll re-do another series and get back to you. Cheers!
Old 03-12-2012, 07:46 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Aaron Rodgers going #1 sounds nice and all , but are these draft classes supposed to reflect how well the players are doing now?

Because if so than that is dumb as hell. The draft classes should reflect their college stats and combine scores as to give everyone (even the people who are out of the league now) a fair chance and make it more realistic than just making the people who turned out to be studs great in the class.

Other than that it sounds cool what you are doing and I've wanted this done for so long.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »