Gamestop Warned Me ! - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Gamestop Warned Me !

This is a discussion on Gamestop Warned Me ! within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL Last Gen

Old 09-14-2011, 07:12 PM   #1
Pro

Section_25's Arena

OVR: 13
Gamestop Warned Me !

So I have been helping a buddy change out the wheel bearings on his car and tonight I was talking about NHL 12 and he offered to buy it for me for helping him out. Cool! So we go over to Gamestop and when I told the guy I wanted NHL 12 he goes:

"O.K. now you know this game has flaws right? It is not our fault and we can't take it back, we have been having a lot of issues with people trying to return it"

LOL....that's pretty pathetic when Gamestop warns you about a game before they sell it to you.

I went ahead and got the game anyway as there really is no other alternative for hockey. I sure hope this freezing stuff isn't as bad as people say it is.

Oh well, fixin to crank it up and see what happens...

Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 09-14-2011, 07:24 PM   #2
Tide is Rolling in!

exboxfan's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Gamestop Warned Me !

you should have really posted this in the ps3 freezing thread that was already here.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:09 PM   #3
Pro

Section_25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by exboxfan
you should have really posted this in the ps3 freezing thread that was already here.
This thread wasn't intended to be about the game freezing issues, it was about the Gamestop employee basically trying to talk me out of buying the game...

On a positive note... played 2 games and so far everything had been running smooth....so far so good
Old 09-14-2011, 08:10 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by exboxfan
I must be lucky. I had 3 freezes in the early release build the whole entire weekend, I've had none in 5 games of my BeAGM so far. On PS3.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:42 PM   #5
Tide is Rolling in!

exboxfan's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section_25
This thread wasn't intended to be about the game freezing issues, it was about the Gamestop employee basically trying to talk me out of buying the game...

On a positive note... played 2 games and so far everything had been running smooth....so far so good

my apologies for my mistake on the meaning of the thread .....I guess I just have never experienced a gamestop employee trying to talk me out of a game.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:43 PM   #6
All Star

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

I think it's just the fact that most people really wanted to play NHL and can't wait for a patch and the people at gamestop are just annoyed at people trying to return it, so they'd rather stop having people complain to them over making sales.

Gamestop employees don't make money if someone buys a game, so they're just doing what's less annoying for themselves. Can't really blame them too.

Old 09-14-2011, 09:20 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I stopped buying from Gamestop. There was an awful version of Tiger Woods a few years back that froze constantly. They wouldn't refund but just give me a new disc which was pointless. Future Shop will give refunds when EA releases their crappy software.

I am 3 for 4 on freezes tonight on my PS3 btw.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:42 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarelyHangingOn
I stopped buying from Gamestop. There was an awful version of Tiger Woods a few years back that froze constantly. They wouldn't refund but just give me a new disc which was pointless. Future Shop will give refunds when EA releases their crappy software.

I am 3 for 4 on freezes tonight on my PS3 btw.
Did you use the EA Bug Thread for posting your Freezing Problems? if not, please do.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:55 AM   #9
Banned

CigarCityBandit's Arena

OVR: 3

Ive had MANY experiences with GS employees trying to "Talk" me out of buying games. Primarily based on their own tastes or review scores.
I don't deal with GS anymore, not when Best Buy will take the games you buy from them in trade and Toys r us does trades too.
I buy my games from Target, Best Buy, Toys R us and Ive even found OLD great ones at Kmart even, basically ANYONE but GS.
And they would CONSTANTLY try to get me to put money on preorders and buy their magazine with its rewards card, its always just a very pushy experience which I dont care for AT ALL aside from the ludicrous trade in prices that they give...Bye Bye GS...
Old 09-15-2011, 09:41 AM   #10
Pro

Section_25's Arena

Actually, I prefer NOT to even go to GameStop, but it is the closest to me so it's the most convenient. The reason I prefer not to go there is like you said, some of the employees can be really pushy. Like last night, the dude acted like it was a problem giving me an unopened game, like I was putting him out....oh well, too bad !

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL Last Gen »