How's your FIFA 13 career mode going? - Page 30 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

This is a discussion on How's your FIFA 13 career mode going? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen

Old 10-31-2012, 02:28 AM   #233
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

Hey guys, pretty cool thread going on here so i thought i'd contribute.
Im playing with Liverpool, currently in my third season and its October, just accepted an international job from Egypt, thought it would be fun and challenging. So after a lot of tinkering, i got this formation set for my team and it works perfectly for me coz im a big fan of false 9 ideology, its:

GK

RB CB CB LB

LDM

RCM
(half-way line)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAM

CF (false 9)

RW LW

So its working perfectly for me now, i sold and bought a lot of players, i generally have a very young squad so theyve grown a lot over the time ive been playing. My line-up now is Sterling on the right wing, Tello on the left, Ben Arfa as the CF, Deulofeu behind him as a CAM, Sergi Roberto as RCM and Diaby as the CDM, ofcourse theres some young players that rotate quite often with those such as Rafinha, Iturbe, Chamberlain, Fontas, Muniesa. Defense is Alba LB, Montoya RB, Vertonghen and Bartra CB with Varane, Adriano, Muniesa, Fontas as subs. GK was Habsi in my first year, and now its LLoris. Finished 4th first season and got to the champs league for the next year, didnt win any cups first season. Second year, i finished 2nd and won the champs league on penalties vs Bayern, had epic games vs Man City, Chelsea and Madrid on the way. The game vs Man City was the craziest, first leg i was playing in City, got a 2-0 lead, 76th minute i conceded, and it ended 4-2 as loss. I won the second game 3-1 to go through. Guess i shared enough for now lol, ill try to keep you guys updated

I was curious though, the 2014 world cup passed so im gonna have to wait a while for the next world cup qualifiers right?
Old 10-31-2012, 02:30 AM   #234
Rookie

Donno why my formation came out looking like that, ill try to write it again:

------------------------GK

--RB--------CB---------------CB--------------LB

-------------------------------LDM

---------------------RCM

--------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------CAM

---------------------------CF

-----------RW---------------------------------LW
Old 10-31-2012, 08:46 AM   #235
Pro

Hutton's Arena

OVR: 6

Seattle Sounders FC - 2012 Season
Settings:
15 minute
Difficulty: PRO w/adjusted sliders

I started last night by playing SJ Earthquakes in the round of 16 of the MLS Open Cup. In a thrilling game that was back & forth SJ was able to tie the score at 2-2 on a Wondolowski PK in the 81'. I was unable to secure the winner despite the best efforts of my attack, hitting the crossbar on a header from a corner & Zakuani slotting a ball just wide of the far post with minutes remaining. So the match goes into extra time, which is a fairly humdrum event, aside from some kind of mental lapse in my defense which almost allowed a SJ striker to walk in 1v1 on Gspurning (last second tackle at the top of the box prevented a SOG). The extra time periods end with no scoring, so we went to PKs. I must admit, I was a bit disappointed with the sequence of events for the PKs. I didn't see any chance to set my kick taker order, and once the kicks started each one was run through at blazing speed. There should be a slower pace, showing the kick takers walking up to the spot, setting the ball up etc. to create some drama. Well anyway, it went back and forth through the first 5 kicks, ending tied 4-4. Now on to sudden death where I had to convert 2 in order to keep it going and was successful. I had a chance to win it with my LB Tetteh but he blasted the ball way over the bar & two kicks later Okung was saved for the SJ victory. Great match in the end, bouncing me out of the Open Cup in 2012.

And funny enough, my very next match for league play was once again at the Buck Shaw Stadium vs SJ, creating a dramatic rematch just days later. SJ was sitting in 6th place after 22 matches, so they needed the points badly. I fielded a reduced strength squad since many of my regular players were still tired from the previous marathon match. I got out to a 2-nil lead & everything looked set of an easy win, until a SJ striker did a cheeky chip shot from the top of the box over my keeper just before halftime. SJ came out in the second half with a substitution & was tough to break down. Their defensive efforts finally paid off when I was whistled for a handball in the box around the 75'. Wondolowski converted the PK, then scored on a loose ball scramble in the box minutes later to take a 3-2 lead! I brought on league goal scoring leader Steven Zakuani in the 80' for some offensive spark, and he came through like a champ in the 90' with a dramatic equalizer from a volley 8 yards out. This secured a 3-3 draw, and now I can't wait to play SJ again.

I continued my pursuit of a new strikeforce to help replace Freddy Montero. After oddly turning down the initial offer (which matched his demands) due to wanting to stay where he's at Jo agreed terms on a revised offer paying him 15k per week and a squad status of "Crucial 1st team player".

I agreed a transfer deal for 17 year old FC Barca B striker Dongou (a favorite of mine from FM2012). I snatched him up for 845k, hopefully with his wonderful speed he can develop into my striker of the future, but for now he'll have to settle for an occasional run out as a winger.

I also made an offer for Brazilian Striker Mazinho, but my initial 1.5M offer was rejected. Since I ended up bringing in Jo I don't think I'll have the cash to spend right now on another relatively expensive striker, since I am also looking for another reserve CM, LB & CB. Hopefully I can sell some of my transfer listed players, but I have yet to receive any offers.

I was also considering asking the board for more funds so I can hire my last scout, hopefully a 4-5* guy. I've had good luck with my 2* Mexican scout, he's landed me 2 academy players who have 95 potential. My 1* USA scout hasn't found me squat worth signing yet.

Last edited by Hutton; 10-31-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:59 PM   #236
Rookie

Have played through a whole season with Bremen, Ran 3rd, into my second season now, yet to play a champ leauge match and havent taken up a Intl job yet either.

End of 1st season looked something like: Arnautovic 18 goals, Junuzović 10 assists. Sold Junuzović (78) after Zenit offered $15m worth was $9m! Napoli bought Sokratis (81) for $10 worth $4m-46m i think.

Major transfers in at end of season were, Wanyama from Celtic.
Lots of minor young guns bought in to best being Adryan in the first window, Ocampos in the last.

Squad is played in a 4-3-3 formation and looks like:

GK: Leali
RB: Lora
RCB: Kalas
LCB: Schmitz (c)
LB: Harthez
CDM: Ndinga
RCM: Hunt
LCM: Wanyama
RW: Elia
ST: Arnautovic
LW: Mollo

Bench:
CB:Lukimya
CDM: Bargfrede
CM: Trybull
CM: Welbeck
CAM: Trinks
CAM: Adryan
ST: Toquero

Then my back up list which I will use for cup matches and also just blood the talent from it throughout the year (will play as a 4-4-2):

GK: Fromlowitz
RB: Hewitt
RCB: Ginter
LCB: Tombides (found by my scout, started with a ovl of 67)
LB: Carney (c)
RM: Kobaylanski
RCM: Antonis
LCM: Rogic
LM: Ocampos
ST: Ezekiel
ST: Pak

If you couldn't tell im dying to get some young Aussie talent going!! At least then we can live up to expectations in the virtual world!!! ha!
Old 11-01-2012, 07:15 AM   #237
Pro

OVR: 6

Started a CM with Everton. Playing on World Class. Got beat pretty badly by Man U. Got some garbage time goals to not make it too embarassing. Beat Aston Villa 2-1. Had a good lead until they had a strike at the 85 minute mark. Than I couldn't handle or make simple passes and they almost tied it. Won first round of Capital One Cup 3-2 against Notts County. They scored on me, team had pretty decent pace and I was expecting an easy one. Jelavic got a red card against Villa and couldnt play but I put Mirallas up top and he dominated. Next was West Brom. Howard played amazing but the defense was crap and two lucky rebound goals and they went up 2-0. Distin got sent off and I thought I had no hope. But Jelavic and Fellaini went into beast mode and I ended up winning 4-2 thanks to some brilliant play on counter attacks. Jelavic leads the BPL with 5 goals and Fellaini is third with 3. Baines leads in assists with 3.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #238
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2

Started a manager career mode with Fleetwood Town in nPower league 2 (they had the most money lol)
simmed a majority of the season, playing a few games here and there and snuck into the playoffs with a win in the final match of the year
I then of course played the second and third games in the playoffs to secure promotion... but now that im in year2 and a new member of nPower league 1, i try to play a game and there is no ball!!!

edit: apparently theres a low-res ghost ball just in time for halloween lol
Old 11-01-2012, 02:58 PM   #239
'10, '12, '14!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15

You have to change from the default ball in the setup screen. I had that problem too.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Old 11-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #240
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerg1234
You have to change from the default ball in the setup screen. I had that problem too.
ha i figured it out... thanks tho
good thing i've been buying different balls and whatnot

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »