How's your FIFA 13 career mode going? - Page 21 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

This is a discussion on How's your FIFA 13 career mode going? within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen

Old 10-17-2012, 03:52 PM   #161
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How's your FIFA 13 career mode going?

i bought the level 13 tier financial takeover in my second season with QPR, receiving in excess of 50mil pounds. a week later was my community shield game with chelsea. i lost 2-1, but on heading back into the career mode main hub my ps3 froze forcing me to reboot my machine. on loading my saved game, which took me back to before the financial takeover occurred, i didnt have the 50mil anymore, but instead broke.

so my question is that how often can one utilize the financial takeover once purchased? in the catalogue it states that one can only use it once per season!? what do they classify a season as?

i'd appreciate any feedback. awe
Old 10-17-2012, 04:08 PM   #162
Stay healthy...

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

I think you're out of luck...
Old 10-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #163
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX.RockSteadY.Xx
i bought the level 13 tier financial takeover in my second season with QPR, receiving in excess of 50mil pounds. a week later was my community shield game with chelsea. i lost 2-1, but on heading back into the career mode main hub my ps3 froze forcing me to reboot my machine. on loading my saved game, which took me back to before the financial takeover occurred, i didnt have the 50mil anymore, but instead broke.

so my question is that how often can one utilize the financial takeover once purchased? in the catalogue it states that one can only use it once per season!? what do they classify a season as?

i'd appreciate any feedback. awe
I have the same question.Even in new career mode,it doesn´t allow me to get that finanical takeover...
Old 10-17-2012, 05:24 PM   #164
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39

Not sure I posted this, but here were my final dealings in the summer period.

Neyamr and Hazard are filthy together
Old 10-18-2012, 01:25 AM   #165
MVP

weeeeeeez's Arena

OVR: 3
Championship Cup quarter final match ups are set.

Chelsea (me) vs. Manchester United

Bayern Munich vs. Zenit

Real Madrid vs. FC Porto

FC Barcelona vs. Juventus
Chelsea FC
Old 10-18-2012, 07:49 AM   #166
Rookie

its going on fire uptill now
Old 10-18-2012, 08:19 AM   #167
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olig23
Following up from my original post back page 9... here is an update on the progress so far in my burgeoning career as Sheffield Wednesday manager.

**As an aside I have to say I have been really happy with the way Legendary difficulty plays. I feel I am really challenged and good teams are brutal at punishing me if I am too trigger-happy on the sprint button or constantly press the opposition. I am forced to allow the computer to have the ball and adjust my tactics to the opposition, which is perfect. The only minor criticisms I have of the overall way the game plays are that I feel the new control engine could be better contextualised and that teams are too passive at pressing under the AIs control. I find that the bad first touches can occur as often with simple passes as with random deflections practically hitting a player. Which is a shame. Also, I find defences rarely try and win the ball high up the pitch or in mid-field and gradually the ball ends up being won/lost in either box. Do others notice these or is it just the way I play?**

So after 11 league games Wednesday are sitting in a solid, if unspectacular position of 11th (W4 D4 L3), very much in the mid-table mix though with only a handful of points separating us from both relegation and the play-off places. A prolonged period of form, be it good or bad could be the make or break of my season. Naturally, I feel we are on the verge of stringing a few good results together and making something unexpected happen... but I would.

After defeat at Hull and the loan acquisition of Paul Pogba we were able to go to a Molineaux, against a relatively talented Wolves side and grab a draw. Despite the absence of Jay Bothroyd. Pogba's influence was immediately noticeable too helping my ability to keep the ball finishing with 59% possession, which certainly helped stifle a dangerous Wolves attack.

Next up was Everton in the League Cup. I had little hope of getting a result, with maybe the hope of Everton fielding a weakened team. They did not. However, in true cup style we were able to pull off a stunning upset winning 2-1 with an 86th minute winner from Gary Madine. I had essentially parked the bus for the entire game, initially stealing a lead through a cracking Raheem Sterling goal on the break. After comfortably limiting Everton to long shots and forcing them to break us down they got a deserved equaliser through substitute Leon Osman. Who really made them more dangerous after coming on. An unexpected and great result.

Since then we have only lost the one game. Away to Crystal Palace. Who, in their foul Barcelona inspired kit, totally outplayed me, with David Goodwille are real pain in the proverbial. Impressive wins over Brighton and bottom side Bristol City were high points. Especially some of the football against Brighton - good stuff. Also, we were able to overturn a 0-2 half-time deficit against local rival Huddersfield with 3 second half goals which was highly satisfying. However, throwing away points to struggling Charlton and Ipswich, both of which were winnable means we have not quite broken into the top echelon of teams.

Overall, I am pleased with the season so far. It has been challenging in every game. Except for Oldham and Gillingham in the League Cup. I have tweaked my system to be a bit more attacking with speedy wingers Antonio and Sterling really causing teams problems. However, my new found desire to attack has left us a little open at the back with my centre backs looking a bit exposed at times. I think I maybe need to find a player with good defensive skills and passing to play alongside Pogba. The defence needs someone who will pick up mid-field runners. I imagine that will be very tough. MAybe a job for next summer....

Still, I feel Mid-Table is on the cards. A result against Leicester could put us close to the play-off spots which would be an achievement.

I like your realistic approach and "story".
Old 10-18-2012, 08:20 AM   #168
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Guys I am hopelessly at an impasse and I need some kind of help. I want to take over a club that's needs some work but can if the stars align challenge for a Champions League spot. I've gotten it down to five teams and I can't for the life of me make a selection. BTW I'll be playing on legendary with a strict board so funds won't come cheaply. Here's my choices

1. Real Sociadad- Basque Country's "other" team, Real Sociaded have been and up and down club recently, losing out on the La Liga title on the last day of the 2002-03 season then being relegated just four years later. In 2010 however RS returned with a bright young club featuring such young stars as Antoine Griezmann, Xabi Prieto, and Inigo Martinez. Starting budget of just three million Euros means that club will most likely need to be built from inside.

2. Sevilla- One of Spain's traditionally strong clubs, Sevilla has a nice budget at 16 Million Euros and some very good players including Jesus Navas. A definite contender for Champions League play right out of the chute, but taking down the big boys is another thing all together.

3. Fiorentina- A really intriguing club in a very competitive league, the Viola have one of Italy's hot young Managers in L'Aeroplanino Vincenzo Montella. They have a good budget at 17 million Euros and a great young team with Stevan Jovetic, Adem Ljajic, and Matias Fernandez leading the way.

4. Bayer Leverkusen- Managed by former Liverpool great Sami Hyypia, Bayer have a nice 10 million Euro budget and Andre Schurrle, that alone makes them viable. Just don't know if Bundesliga is right for me.

5. West Ham- Something about this club just draws me in. Small budget of 7.5 million Euros. Guys like Kevin Nolan, Matty Taylor, and Matt Jarvis just scream English football to me. I always play in the Prem however and they do play hoof ball....

Sociadad and Fiorentina lead the way right now, but it's still hopeless LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »