FIFA 13 - Youth Academy and Player Growth - Page 10 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

FIFA 13 - Youth Academy and Player Growth

This is a discussion on FIFA 13 - Youth Academy and Player Growth within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen

Old 10-01-2012, 01:19 AM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 13 - Youth Academy and Player Growth

Ive had good luck with goalkeepers! I have 3 really promising keepers in my senior squad
Manolo Reina 67 with potential of 90-94 17 y/o
Tim Lindsay 66 with potential of 88-92 16 y/o
Trent Leckie 63 with potential of 86-92 17 y/o

and i signed a CB who started as a 71 and before he played a game had improved to a 74!
I now have 4 players that have the status of "has potential to be something special" with a potential of 90+
Old 10-01-2012, 03:25 AM   #92
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportingkc8
I noticed something weird in my Career mode. Almost through my first year, I was browsing the transfer market, and it didn't look like other players had improved at all. Players like Wilshere, Lucas, Neymar, etc. had the same overall rating as they did in the beginning. Seeing as most of my players 24 or younger had improved 2 to 3 points by this time, I thought this was odd. Is this like a reverse of last year's game, where CPU players improved faster?
CPU player progression happens at the end of the season.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:52 AM   #93
Rookie

when i first starter my career mode i had a dodgy right back back because i brought him up from my youth squad. The press banged on about him and suggested some players to buy to replace him. I ignored them and i thought the press had given up.
When the transfer window opened up, a couple a days had gone by and i was informed by my board that they had taken it upon themselves and signed a full back!! I couldnt do anything to prevent this as he was already in my squad, and the worst thing was they used money out of the budget without telling me!

has this happened to anyone else??
Old 10-01-2012, 06:04 AM   #94
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerrard778
when i first starter my career mode i had a dodgy right back back because i brought him up from my youth squad. The press banged on about him and suggested some players to buy to replace him. I ignored them and i thought the press had given up.
When the transfer window opened up, a couple a days had gone by and i was informed by my board that they had taken it upon themselves and signed a full back!! I couldnt do anything to prevent this as he was already in my squad, and the worst thing was they used money out of the budget without telling me!

has this happened to anyone else??
I had a long running press saga about Daniel Agger wanting to leave. Was alot of agent talk, and rumours. In the end the board got fed up, and sold him to Barca over my head.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:21 AM   #95
Rookie

Ive also noticed that players seem to be developing a lot in the pre-season. This seems to be new to fifa 13 and more realistic.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:25 AM   #96
Efficiency = Joy

NaturalSelected's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWWROCKS
I had a long running press saga about Daniel Agger wanting to leave. Was alot of agent talk, and rumours. In the end the board got fed up, and sold him to Barca over my head.
Sometimes management does stupid things. I enjoy this, but I can understand when it's frustrating.
Boston Celtics
Old 10-01-2012, 09:28 AM   #97
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarontab
I found one with a guy who was 2* experience and 3* judgement. I'm pretty confident that the star ratings only affect 1) how many prospects the scout turns up and 2) how accurate their predictions are about their ratings. I have not seen anything that indicates that better scouts = better prospects overall.
yeah i agree with you since it is logical, but truth is that we really have no clue. not that everyone is reading or posting their findings here, but so far i might have been one of the few to find 5 star skill guys before the previous poster made his finding.

but on that topic, i have finished my 3rd season. my torquay team is up to npower championship. i have not found any other 5 star skill players. of the four i have, only one of them has really developed. i was getting offers from barca and madrid to buy him.

one of them is on the transfer list, he just hasnt developed at all and at this point his a 3rd or 4th option in my midfielders. i dont think loaning him will help his growth enough to get him into starting team or reserves.

most of my 14 year olds from my first two seasons have been brought up. out of all of them, only one has came in as a genuine star with 71 overall, 98 vision, 92 attack position, 90 reactions midfielder. hopefully he develops and becomes a world class player.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:12 PM   #98
Qb

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

I haven't started a career yet, so it's been encouraging reading this. It sounds like I'll really enjoy the Academy feature this year. I was very excited for it last year, starting a CM with Hamburg with the intent of building through the youth system. I bought the best scouts I could afford at the start, had what appeared to be a some decent prospects and... almost three years complete with only a low 60s 5'10" CB to show for it.

It's still a bit early to know for sure, but it appears the trends are higher initial ratings and reported potentials, both of which I like. From the sound of it, many of those high potential youngsters do not develop into the mega-stars their potential ratings indicate, also a good thing.

If you think about it, that's a fairly accurate portrayal of youth development. There are often high expectations and lofty comparisons placed on teenagers, but the results are more often ordinary. I can't count how many players come through Arsenal's academy with glowing reports, get a few games, go out on loan, and eventually move on to have a career elsewhere. Or in other words, despite appearing to be a future top team starter (mid/high 80s potential), they max out as a squad player or regular for a smaller club (actual rating in 70s).

With the apparent improvements to player stories, progression, scouting, and first season European competition, I'm going to do an Arsenal career. In the past I steered clear because there was little to do outside of games aside from buying/selling players -- something I rarely enjoy when using Arsenal. Now it appears I can enjoy managing the current squad, while also growing & investing in a new wave of players. Although, I must admit Fernando Llorente would look quite good leading the attack...
Old 10-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #99
Rookie

OK, didn't have time to read the entire thread, but what's the verdict on loaning out players? Same growth?

I'm starting my second year as Columbus in MLS and spent my entire first year's transfer money on setting up a decent academy, selling off some players and replacing them with FA as needed to infuse some extra cash.

Now my YA is going to start giving me some pretty nice returns and I'm not sure if I should try and find them a slot in my team or just loan them out
Old 10-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #100
Efficiency = Joy

NaturalSelected's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Achiever
OK, didn't have time to read the entire thread, but what's the verdict on loaning out players? Same growth?

I'm starting my second year as Columbus in MLS and spent my entire first year's transfer money on setting up a decent academy, selling off some players and replacing them with FA as needed to infuse some extra cash.

Now my YA is going to start giving me some pretty nice returns and I'm not sure if I should try and find them a slot in my team or just loan them out
Loan away, the growth is nice this year and you can actually try to win at the same time. It's how a youth team should work.
Boston Celtics

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »