Matt10's FIFA 14 Sliders - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Matt10's FIFA 14 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's FIFA 14 Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen Sliders

Old 10-14-2013, 12:04 AM   #1
All Star

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Matt10's FIFA 14 Sliders

8/7/14

Guys try these out - minor adjustments - but working real nice with 15-20 mins legendary/wc - slow. I'll explain later with video.

World Class/Legendary, Slow/Normal, 15-20 minutes

User/CPU
Sprint Speed: 30/30
Acceleration: 48/48
Shot Error: 53/53
Pass Error: 40/26
Shot Speed: 51/51
Pass Speed: 20/20
Injury Freq: 75/75
Injury Severity: 30/30
Goalkeeper Ability: 18/18
Marking: 70/70
Run Freq: 1/0
Height: 53/53
Length: 35/35
Width: 100/100
FB Positioning: 90/90
First Touch: 55/55

6/16/14
I've redone the sliders, I think this is a good base to start. Zarze, I've provided YT subs with the previous config file you had (most recent). Thanks!

World Class/Legendary, Slow/Normal, 15 minutes

User/CPU
Sprint Speed: 5/5
Acceleration: 48/48
Shot Error: 51/51
Pass Error: 56/56
Shot Speed: 51/51
Pass Speed: 45/45
Injury Freq: 50/50
Injury Severity: 50/50
Goalkeeper Ability: 48/48
Marking: 70/70
Run Freq: 1/0
Height: 53/53
Length: 65/65
Width: 100/100
FB Positioning: 90/90
First Touch: 55/55

Download Zarze's PC Config file designed around my sliders:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7k..._3_28_2014.zip

Interested in my camera settings? Only if you're on PC (sorry consoles!) - paste this in your CL.INI file within your FIFA14/Game directory:

CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_COOP = 500
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_BROADCAST = 500
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_TELEBROADCAST = 500
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_DYNAMIC = 500
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_TELE = 500
CAMERA_HEIGHT_MODIFIER_PROCAM = 500
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_BROADCAST = 0.050
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_TELEBROADCAST = 0.050
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_COOP = 0.050
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_TELE = 0.050
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_DYNAMIC = 0.050
CAMERA_ZOOM_MODIFIER_PROCAM = 0.050

Previous versions:
Spoiler

Last edited by Matt10; 08-09-2014 at 10:34 PM.
Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 10-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #2
Pro

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's FIFA 14 Sliders

Very sad the previous slider thread was hacked away.

We had some good discussion going on...

These are very good sliders.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #3
All Star

Matt10's Arena

Video of Norwich (CPU) v Everton (User) - most of the first half;

If you notice there are times when you can sprint right through the defense - so sprint is not really affected - so players do not feel so heavy. Notice the lessen agility too though. In addition the pass speed is even more important against a premiership quality club.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:39 AM   #4
Pro

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

At the :22 mark when the offside infraction is called...

My thoughts are that the CPU is fearless in playing their back line that high because there is no practical way to play that killer long lobbed ball with backspin that would go over the top but "check bounce" so that your forward players could run on to it and body it down and have a run at goal.

The thing is it looks to me like the programming has the forwards thinking it can be played because I get this type of very high (near midfield) offside call frequently.

The CPU knows that either A) you will go offside or B) you can't weight that lobbed ball correctly so it just bounces and runs either to the keeper who easily collects it or if it's offline of the goal frame, all the players just slow up as it rolls and rolls and rolls, eventually over the end line for a goal kick.

I don't think there is anything that can fix this short of EA or PC mods that can adjust ball friction. In previous FIFA's you could sort of play this type of lobbed ball in rainy conditions.

I don't understand why EA changed the way the ball acts in different pitch conditions. As far as I can tell from all the matches I have played on dry hard pitches to normal to rainy to completely soaked...no change in ball friction.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #5
Consectatio Excellentiae

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9

I saw your name pop up yesterday and I was immediately interested, and your video convinced me to give the sliders a try (the only differences being the injury sliders and Power Bar). I also switched to the Broadcast camera, although I was a bit worried about how it would work with manual controls. Man, I love Broadcast camera! You get such a good look of the pitch and all the runs being made. I used the default camera settings though, have you made any adjustments?

The match I played was as Hertha Berlin against TSG 1899 Hoffenheim (in CM). Actually, I played it twice. I played the first match last night and around the 80-minute mark the game froze (first time in Fifa 14 for me). It had been a great match and I was down 1-0.
The second match finished with me winning 2-0, but it was a close one. Hoffenheim hit both the bar and the post in the second half.
I lost the possession battle (48%-52%) and they outshot me 14-5, but after I got my second goal in the 56th minute I focused on defence and didn't push all that hard for another goal.

Overall I think your sliders are excellent!
The speed combined with the Broadcast camera looked and felt fantastic. I'm excited to play more!
His name is Johan Santana. He had major shoulder surgery. He has come back to pitch not only effectively in the majors, but to pitch a brilliant no-hit performance tonight against the St. Louis Cardinals.
-Gary Cohen

Last edited by Entiae; 10-14-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #6
All Star

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
At the :22 mark when the offside infraction is called...

My thoughts are that the CPU is fearless in playing their back line that high because there is no practical way to play that killer long lobbed ball with backspin that would go over the top but "check bounce" so that your forward players could run on to it and body it down and have a run at goal.

The thing is it looks to me like the programming has the forwards thinking it can be played because I get this type of very high (near midfield) offside call frequently.

The CPU knows that either A) you will go offside or B) you can't weight that lobbed ball correctly so it just bounces and runs either to the keeper who easily collects it or if it's offline of the goal frame, all the players just slow up as it rolls and rolls and rolls, eventually over the end line for a goal kick.

I don't think there is anything that can fix this short of EA or PC mods that can adjust ball friction. In previous FIFA's you could sort of play this type of lobbed ball in rainy conditions.

I don't understand why EA changed the way the ball acts in different pitch conditions. As far as I can tell from all the matches I have played on dry hard pitches to normal to rainy to completely soaked...no change in ball friction.
Yeah the ball spin is an issue with lobbed, etc. I'm not sure why EA modified that either. My line height setting is 52/52 though, so some of those balls over the top are not going to work. I think Baines would have gotten through - but honestly I was just clearing the ball. I've noticed hitting the long ball versus the shoot button to clear results in more height - rather than a driven ball that usually finds an opposing player instead.

EA has notoriously not been good at creating the open-ness of play in terms of the ball freedom. This year, I think they've got close - but still there needs to be times when a clearance will keep a ball in bounds and not just top spin out for a goal kick.

Luckily I'm on the PC. So I am sure someone will be able to edit the physics of the ball to reflect more to its real life counterpart.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #7
All Star

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entiae
I saw your name pop up yesterday and I was immediately interested, and your video convinced me to give the sliders a try (the only differences being the injury sliders and Power Bar). I also switched to the Broadcast camera, although I was a bit worried about how it would work with manual controls. Man, I love Broadcast camera! You get such a good look of the pitch and all the runs being made. I used the default camera settings though, have you made any adjustments?

The match I played was as Hertha Berlin against TSG 1899 Hoffenheim (in CM). Actually, I played it twice. I played the first match last night and around the 80-minute mark the game froze (first time in Fifa 14 for me). It had been a great match and I was down 1-0.
The second match finished with me winning 2-0, but it was a close one. Hoffenheim hit both the bar and the post in the second half.
I lost the possession battle (48%-52%) and they outshot me 14-5, but after I got my second goal in the 56th minute I focused on defence and didn't push all that hard for another goal.

Overall I think your sliders are excellent!
The speed combined with the Broadcast camera looked and felt fantastic. I'm excited to play more!
Great to hear, man. I'm using the PC version, so a configuration file for the cameras and I can edit their heigh/zoom to heart's content.

The games sounded good. Thanks for testing in CM as well! What were passing % stats like? How were fouls? Did you feel the plays had a chance to be more physical and less catch up and perfect tackle?

I wish console guys could experience what us PC guys have. Like I said I'm going to keep everything pretty much the same as consoles except for camera. But I will start another CM (to report and show on youtube) with formation table edits and player table edits that will increase fouls - and also increase defensive back line to partake more in the attack.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:42 PM   #8
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

I'll have to get on and try these tonight. I took a bit of a break from gameplay testing over the weekend to catch up on some GTA V and do some fly fishing. That and my 2 month old decided this weekend was going to be a minimal sleep weekend for her.

I have previously tried 1 speed and 99 mark setting and it played pretty well. My only complaint was that there was never any room to play upfield. Did you keep any of your db edits on these sliders?

Did you try the defensive line edits that Yeats mentioned, switching 4 back teams to LWB and RWB? I edit all teams tactics so I am going to look into this and see how best to use it while still keeping team's originality. All I know is that Yeat's db using those formations was a much more enjoyable game where I didn't feel like I have to manually control all 10 players all the time.

Last edited by Dogslax41; 10-14-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:33 PM   #9
All Star

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
I'll have to get on and try these tonight. I took a bit of a break from gameplay testing over the weekend to catch up on some GTA V and do some fly fishing. That and my 2 month old decided this weekend was going to be a minimal sleep weekend for her.

I have previously tried 1 speed and 99 mark setting and it played pretty well. My only complaint was that there was never any room to play upfield. Did you keep any of your db edits on these sliders?

Did you try the defensive line edits that Yeats mentioned, switching 4 back teams to LWB and RWB? I edit all teams tactics so I am going to look into this and see how best to use it while still keeping team's originality. All I know is that Yeat's db using those formations was a much more enjoyable game where I didn't feel like I have to manually control all 10 players all the time.
Ha, tell me about sleep - my 3 month old is finally getting his sleep in order.

I did like 99 mark settings for the most part, but what I saw with that extreme setting was that the defenders would try to defend too many players at one time. So it'd be like the red sea opened up, and that was tough enough with speed @ 1 for the defenders to get over to cover. Just didn't work.

I haven't been successful in trying Yeats' suggested edits. The formations table imported via DBM doesn't go in the right way/format. It's odd. I might have to just copy the cells and paste into a excel document - but will have to title each one to correspond. Yeats has the demo - I'm not sure that will work for the full game?

What I plan on doing for my youtube CM is to change players balance to 1, team aggression to 99 and ref fouls strictness to 2 (strict).

For these tests/videos I have not used any PC edits in terms of player/formation/team tables. I wanted to keep it as "base" as possible so to provide a more universal set - geared for everyone who is unable to make such edits as the PC.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:34 PM   #10
Consectatio Excellentiae

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Great to hear, man. I'm using the PC version, so a configuration file for the cameras and I can edit their heigh/zoom to heart's content.

The games sounded good. Thanks for testing in CM as well! What were passing % stats like? How were fouls? Did you feel the plays had a chance to be more physical and less catch up and perfect tackle?

I wish console guys could experience what us PC guys have. Like I said I'm going to keep everything pretty much the same as consoles except for camera. But I will start another CM (to report and show on youtube) with formation table edits and player table edits that will increase fouls - and also increase defensive back line to partake more in the attack.
Yeah, that's what I thought. I actually played both '12 and '13 on PC but I bought '14 for PS3 as I'm upgrading to the PS4 version when I get the console. I wasn't even planning on buying the current gen version at all, but it just looked so good I couldn't resist.

I believe my pass% was in mid-70's, and the CPU's 85%. I just finished another match, a 2-0 loss against Bayer Leverkusen. This time my pass% was 67%, and the CPU's 76%. I had 13 shots, CPU 12.

Fouls are really poor but I know that's an issue with the game. I think I had 4 fouls against 1 in the Hoffenheim match, and against Bayer Leverkusen I didn't have a single foul, while the CPU only had 2. I don't really know what to do about this with nothing but sliders to work with. I've had matches before with 6-7 fouls on each side. And who knows, maybe I'll start seeing more fouls as I keep playing. Very small sample size so far. The tackle numbers in the last match were 31-24. The physicality is there, there are just no calls. I wish there weren't so many advantages given by the ref!

And about the catch up and tackle, players seem to be playing to their ratings. A player who is beat is beat. If they are within an arms length they'll grab and pull to stay close (and the ref allows way too much), but all in all it looks great. Speed matters, but thankfully not to the extent that it's the only thing that matters. I really love how effective a strong CB can be!
His name is Johan Santana. He had major shoulder surgery. He has come back to pitch not only effectively in the majors, but to pitch a brilliant no-hit performance tonight against the St. Louis Cardinals.
-Gary Cohen

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen Sliders »