Zjac7's FIFA 14 "Natural-Feel" Sliders - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Zjac7's FIFA 14 "Natural-Feel" Sliders

This is a discussion on Zjac7's FIFA 14 "Natural-Feel" Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen Sliders

Old 09-29-2013, 08:31 AM   #1
Rookie

zjac7's Arena

OVR: 1
Zjac7's FIFA 14 "Natural-Feel" Sliders

Note: these are for Current-Gen only.

FIFA 14 plays great right out of the box, I fired it up, and was very happy to see that there was no more "dancing with the ball" (FIFA 12), or "CPU in hyper-attack" (FIFA 13), but then came the WTF? problem for this year.

If last year had a slight "psychic CPU" problem, then this year's hive-minded drone army (on both attack and defense!) presented a challenge that I almost felt that sliders couldn't fix. But this year it seems that more sliders impact decisions made by the CPU than in years past.

As usual, I knocked CPU Run Frequency down to 0. I've covered this in previous years, but I strongly believe that CPU Run Frequency is a "god slider," designed to "even out" CPU gameplay across all difficulties. Setting it to 0 causes each team to play true to its ratings. This, along with some slight tweaks to User Line Settings, will immediately cause the CPU to play more organically with each team true to its identity. As with each year, Custom Team Tactics should not be necessary with these sliders.

On defense, I made some slight tweaks to the speed settings and CPU Marking, this should get rid of the psychic CPU on defense and should allow players to actually move in space on Legendary difficulty.

On to the sliders (11/30/2013 updates in blue, settings for semi/assisted in red):

Auto Switching: Air Balls
Move Assistance: High
Assistance: Off/All Manual
Analog Sprint: On
Defending: Tactical

Half Length: 15 minutes
Difficulty: Legendary
Game Speed: Normal

User/CPU

Sprint Speed: 49/49 (slight downtick in speed helps combat psychic CPU)
Acceleration: 49/48 (difference in acceleration helps combat psychic CPU - keep at 49 if you feel this opens the game up too much)
Shot Error: 49 (51 on semi)/54
Pass Error: 49 (54 on semi)/68
Shot Speed: 50/50
Pass Speed: 51 (53 on semi)/49
Injury Frequency: 77/89
Injury Severity: 56/56
Goalkeeper Ability: 51/50
Marking: 50/51 (upping CPU Marking seems counterintuitive given how aggressive the CPU is, but it's the only way to open up passing lanes)
Run Frequency: 0/0
Line Height: 44 (affects CPU build up AI)/50
Line Length: 49 (tightens user midfield play)/51 (loosens the CPU's psychic organization)
Line Width: 54 (affects CPU build up AI)/50
Fullback Positioning: 50/50
Power Bar: 43(42 on semi) (for some reason the Power Bar is a lot faster this year - this helps with control)
First Touch 46 (helps with build up/one-touch play on manual) (49 on semi)/50

Also, in the past I've been asked about my Camera settings, so I'll post these as well (I don't consider these part of the slider set FWIW):

Tele Broadcast, Height 19, Zoom 3

Last edited by zjac7; 01-04-2014 at 01:18 AM.
Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 09-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Zjac7's FIFA 14 "Natural-Feel" Sliders

Argh! The sliders I've been waiting for since Day 1 but I'm working and I won't be able to try them until tonight...
I'm really curious to see how they play.

I'm leaning towards keeping Acceleration at 49 for the CPU as well.. I have never been a big fan of speed difference between user and cpu in games, I'll see how they play out...

Thanks man!
Old 09-29-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
Rookie

zjac7's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlebum
Argh! The sliders I've been waiting for since Day 1 but I'm working and I won't be able to try them until tonight...
I'm really curious to see how they play.

I'm leaning towards keeping Acceleration at 49 for the CPU as well.. I have never been a big fan of speed difference between user and cpu in games, I'll see how they play out...

Thanks man!
That's right - I forgot to include my usual disclaimer about CPU Acceleration - thanks for the reminder!

Hope the wait is worth it!
Old 09-29-2013, 04:22 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

thank you for this man, i'm gonna test it later.

i'm playing with injury frequency at 72 right now and i'm averaging exactly 1 injury per game since i set this value. orion has this at 68 but i almost wasn't seeing any injury either. be aware my sample size is very small with both values.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:29 PM   #5
MVP

ultimatefighter's Arena

OVR: 7

This was my first game with your set and first venture into Legendary difficulty lol it was just a kickoff match. I was Arsenal

Arsenal 0 - Aston Villa 2

Shots: 13/6
Shots on Target: 5/3
Tackles: 22/17
Possesion%: 47/53
Fouls: 2/3
Yellow Cards: 1/2
Offsides: 1/2
Corners: 1/3
Shot%: 38/50
Pass%: 73/80

I didnt feel cheated at all, this was the best game Ive played so far on 14, really liked it. I saw good openings and actually felt like I could try and make something happen. I had a few good chances and looks, sometimes I get too excited and rush it. I only allowed 1 shot in the second half but it was the one for them to go up 2-0... It was my fault he walked theough my defense and the box, I kept switching guys and try to knock him off the ball instead I shouldve just done Teamate Contain.

I actually scored first in the first half on a great header from a cross but got called offsides, first ever call on a header. One thing I gotta get use to is it seems like I feel I have to use the sprint button more and as a whole my team gets a lot more fatigued than on World Class.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #6
MVP

ultimatefighter's Arena

2nd Kickoff match: I was Saint-Etienne

Saint-Etienne 3 - FC Nantes 2

Shots: 11/12
Shots on Target: 9/9
Possoesion%: 46/54
Tackles: 20/29
Fouls: 2/1
Yellow Cards: 0/1
Offsides: 4/2
Corners: 1/3
Shot%: 81/75
Pass%: 69/75

This game was a lot of fun also, and felt good to finally get the win.I was up 3-1 when for most the game. I scored on my first shot of the game again, but got called offsides again lol Im seeing good differences from teams and players. Also maybe its just me, but it also seems like the CPU switches up their strategy from Half to Half and if they have the lead or are behind, but no crazy cheese which is nice.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:34 PM   #7
All Star

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Tried it out and was pleasantly surprised at how the pace was on Normal. There was no real difference, and it almost felt more fluid - more realistic to the pace of the Premiership and other top leagues.

I wasn't able to sneak in a full game, but as Norwich against Man City - I was dominating them. Very easy to pass - not closed down that easily either. Not sure if it was just the first half I played, or something to do with Marking. Will play a couple more games before providing more feedback.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 0

very fluid as always, mate. i didn't know fifa 14 could be so fun. i suspect this has something to do with the pace, i'm gonna look at normal speed more closely, never have considered playing on it.

i felt too overpowered when cpu had lower acceleration than mine. i played the first half of the game below with the difference set and they just couldn't stop me. first half ended 2-0, shot count was 14-2 and i won the possession battle 64-36. i switched cpu acceleration to 49 in the interval and the second half was much more equilibrated. these were the final stats:

Atl. Mineiro (me) vs Santos (cpu)

goals 4-1
shots 20-8
on target 14-5
possession 61-39
tackles 12-45
fouls 0-2
corners 2-1
shot % 70-62
pass % 82-73
Old 09-29-2013, 08:15 PM   #9
Rookie

chelios7's Arena

OVR: 3

Sweet baby Jesus this is so much better now. Seriously. I played as Arsenal v Aston Villa and had a 2-1 score at halftime. I had 2 wonderful goals as Arsenal and the Aston Villa goal was a great goal by Benteke. Aston Villa played much tougher but more fluid than they had before these sliders.

I am in forever in your debt sir. These sliders are f'n amazing.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:45 PM   #10
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

I am very interested in Normal speed. For me, Slow this year is almost geriatric, especially with the diminishing returns we're observing with Sprint.

If there are two things I'm trying to fix with my games, it's the "hive" swarming and the lack of genuine speed in the attack. I think sliders might help a lot but Pressure in the tactics settings are also influential. Has anybody experimented with decreasing the Pressure slider in the CPU tactics?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen Sliders »