Orion's FIFA 13 Slider Set - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Orion's FIFA 13 Slider Set

This is a discussion on Orion's FIFA 13 Slider Set within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen Sliders

Old 09-22-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21
Orion's FIFA 13 Slider Set

It's back! Finally after a wait which seemed like forever, the sequel to my favorite sports game of 2011 is here and it's better than ever. Here's my base slider set that I'll be tweaking over the coming days, before bringing them over the Career Mode. My goals here are simple, a lifelike representation on the pitch combined with accurate stats. Here ya go!

Game Settings
Controls: Full Manual
Half Length: 15 minutes
Difficulty: Legendary
Game Speed: Slow
Analog Sprint: On
Camera: Default(makes a difference with game speed)

Final Set

Gameplay Sliders(Hum/CPU)

Sprint: 40/40
Acceleration: 44/44
Shot Error: 62/64
Pass Error: 60/66
Shot Speed: 48/48
Pass Speed: 48/48
Injury Frequency: 68/77
Injury Severity: 21/21
Goalkeeper Ability: 66/57
Marking: 68/68
Run Frequency: 15/15
Line Height: 51/51
Line Length: 45/45
Line Width: 47/47
Fullbacks: 56/56
First Touch 55/59
Power Bar(User) 58

***Special thanks to Gonira for coming up with the perfect line settings, along with several other key suggestions! Thanks also to Libertine88, Brahvocado, Winger, Jamie, bwiggy33, foster1979, hedache, and Reus11, who's invaluable information and testing have done more for this set than anything that I've done.

******Credit for this set goes to OS FIFA fans from around the world! Thank you so much for helping to make FIFA 13 one of my favorite sports games ever. I also would like to thank producer David Rutter and the developers at EA Canada. In an era where EA Sports(deservedly) takes a ton of heat, FIFA remains one of the franchises brightest lights(notice no outcries for a patch) and for that I thank you.

Last edited by orion523; 06-27-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 09-22-2012, 09:21 PM   #2
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Orion's FIFA 13 Slider Set

I almost feel like we're playing a different game. With Sprint / Accel at 38 / 44, I feel like I'm watching a pitch filled with Football Legends...like Platt, Maldini, Batistuta, Hagi, all the greats of Italia '90, except it's still 2012 and they're mostly fat and wrinkly. They can still crack the ball pretty well. They simply can't run!
Old 09-22-2012, 10:01 PM   #3
Rookie

merg311's Arena

OVR: 6

Pretty good set to start with! Like it alot, still some nuances that sliders can't fix. My CPU controlled players still do not go after 50/50 balls or rebounds from shots on goal. Very annoying. These sliders do make the speed of the game nearly perfect though, so that helps.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:37 AM   #4
Rookie

JamieMUFC1990's Arena

OVR: 2

One thing I learnt when I made my sliders for the demo is that you need to keep acceleration at 50 because if you lower it than it takes them too long to get moving even when they only have to move a few yards.

Lower your sprint speed 1 or 2 more and raise acceleration to 50 or 49 at the least because it means they can still react fast while the low sprint speed so them from running like they are all Usain Bolt.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:41 AM   #5
Rookie

JamieMUFC1990's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by merg311
My CPU controlled players still do not go after 50/50 balls or rebounds from shots on goal. .
Best thing I have found to do is hold RB/R1 then one of you cpu controlled players will to charge towards the lose ball.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:26 AM   #6
All Star

orion523's Arena

I'm definitely not convinced the game needs to be as slow as I have it right now, it was kinda just a starting point. It seems that a lot of folks complain about the speed of FIFA and the CPU's penchant for going forward, but in reality that's how the English game is played, teams like to quickly move forward then they slow it down in the final third. I'll get this set right, I just need some time on the game.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:43 AM   #7
Rookie

JamieMUFC1990's Arena

I think the pace of the game is more dictated by the player run freq and passing speed setting more so than anything else.

From playing the demo there just seemed to be too many players making runs and it needed to be reduced a lot along with passing speed to get a realistic tempo to game.

Cant wait to get the game on Friday to see if my sliders will work on the full release because the only thing I think I need to change about my sliders is the marking setting.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #8
All Star

orion523's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieMUFC1990
I think the pace of the game is more dictated by the player run freq and passing speed setting more so than anything else.

From playing the demo there just seemed to be too many players making runs and it needed to be reduced a lot along with passing speed to get a realistic tempo to game.

Cant wait to get the game on Friday to see if my sliders will work on the full release because the only thing I think I need to change about my sliders is the marking setting.
You know, instead of 25 guys creating 25 different sets in an attempt to become some sort of slider master, I'm really in favor of creating one comprehensive set put together by everyone here. Over on the Madden side, there are so many sets with so many different points of view, that it makes you dizzy, not to mention almost impossible to make a decision. Hopefully once the game is released we can all come to a consensus.

Last edited by orion523; 09-23-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:13 AM   #9
All Star

orion523's Arena

I read something written by one of the EA Game Changers that caught my interest. He was talking about Madden, and what he said was in order to make the game harder play on All-Pro with a lesser team, because on All-Pro players play to their ratings, but on All-Madden everyone is juiced so to speak, including your players. Just did a test with this using West Ham and (World Class/legendary) and I gotta say I did notice a difference. Something to think about, but for now I'm sticking to WC.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #10
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Orion - I can understand the interest in a consensus-building project, which we should certainly attempt on a participatory basis. Like a co-op of sorts. The only problem with reaching consensus is that it's very difficult to account for the wide range of tastes and preferences. Fortunately, compared with Madden, the community of FIFA addicts at Operation Sports is quite small.

Regarding the Sprint / Acceleration, I've noted that the perception of game speed is profoundly influenced by camera angle. When I wrote last night that I thought 38/44 was way too slow, I was using the Co-Op camera angle. That camera is pulled back far enough that the players look very small and it's easy to perceive their movement as being slow. With Tele or Tele Broadcast, however, 38/44 feels pretty darn good. I've currently adjusted custom settings on Tele Broadcast so that it's zoomed fully out and tilted up to reveal a lot of the pitch. It's not quite Co-Op distance, but it's a great compromise. By doing so, I've found 40/46 on Sprint/Acceleration to be almost perfect.

The difficulty settings are definitely worthy of much discussion. Last year, I ended up toggling them. For home games, I'd use World Class and for away games, I'd use Legendary. I thought on Legendary, the CPU was simply very cynical and at times, cheap. They'd park the bus more and counter attack with perfection. It was really tough to break them down. Anyhow, on World Class, facing legit competition I was generally able to produce 1-0 or 2-1 results. Keep in mind that I play defensive minded. Maybe it's my Italian heritage.

Perhaps our friend Altimus can contact his friend at EA and inquire as to whether the mechanics of World Class in FIFA are similar to Madden's All-Pro. Thus far, I think Legendary and World Class in FIFA 13 are very similar to FIFA 12.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen Sliders »