Georgia to buy out home and home series with Louisville - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Georgia to buy out home and home series with Louisville

This is a discussion on Georgia to buy out home and home series with Louisville within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football

Old 11-19-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
Hello ACC!

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Georgia to buy out home and home series with Louisville

Heard today on the local airwaves that Georgia is looking to buy out the home and home series they have scheduled with Louisville(@ Georgia 2011 - @ Louisville 2012) and replace them with a series with Boise State.

Look, I understand that Boise may be/is the better attraction, I understand the viewpoint of the Big East, I understand that UofL no longer carries the recoginition it did 4+ years ago, but damnit, how is a program supposed to rebound when they are constantly being bought out of series' from other programs? Running thru the Big East isn't going to get anything accomplished, and now we are losing series' with teams that would at least get us on the lips of people.

UofL had a series with Miami that helped catapult them into recognition during Petrino's days.(a loss at Miami in a close game raised eyebrows/a beatdown of the Canes in Louisville got people talking) And while the Bulldogs are struggling a bit themselves, that type of "marquee" name could help Louisville regain some respect/recognition they lost during Kragthorpes tenure. I am not saying that UofL would beat the Dogs, I'm not saying that beating the Dogs would make UofL a household name once again. But in order to gain respect and recognition, you have to beat somebody, and its tough to do when somebody's keep backing out of committments.

Just frustrating as hell.

#L1C4
Sponsors (you can remove in-post ad banners by registering or logging in)
Old 11-19-2010, 04:39 PM   #2
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Georgia to buy out home and home series with Louisville

Sorry CB. I am all over it. I would love to see Charlie Strong bring this program back, but I like SEC teams reaching out to play Boise.

And I hope UGA smacks Boise like they did about 5 years ago! Zabransky was an INT machine!!!
Old 11-19-2010, 04:58 PM   #3
MVP

boisejames's Arena

OVR: 14

Well as much as I like this, I'm not sure how much truth there is. Boise State has Ole Miss, Fresno State and Nevada scheduled OOC next year and are planning to Schedule Hawai'i if they do end up closing a deal with the MWC to keep the rivalries going in the off year that they won't be in the same conference. I don't know if they can pull off switching Ole Miss for UGA.

If there is any truth here I could see playing @ UGA in 2012 but no trip to Boise which gives UGA another home game which is what the SEC does anyway, hence no home and home with Ole Miss.

J-Unit, yes he was lol. All year actually. He improved big time in 2006 but still was overrated.
"A last gasp for the Broncos... Down the middle. To James. THE LATERAL! TO THE CORNER OF THE ENDZONE! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT! "Boise State for the win. They hand it off TO JOHNSON, BOISE STATE HAS WON THE TOSTITOS FIESTA BOWL! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!

NCAA: BSU/GONZ
NFL: GB
NBA: POR
MLB: SEA
Old 11-19-2010, 05:04 PM   #4
Hello ACC!

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisejames
Well as much as I like this, I'm not sure how much truth there is. Boise State has Ole Miss, Fresno State and Nevada scheduled OOC next year and are planning to Schedule Hawai'i if they do end up closing a deal with the MWC to keep the rivalries going in the off year that they won't be in the same conference. I don't know if they can pull off switching Ole Miss for UGA.

If there is any truth here I could see playing @ UGA in 2012 but no trip to Boise which gives UGA another home game which is what the SEC does anyway, hence no home and home with Ole Miss.

J-Unit, yes he was lol. All year actually. He improved big time in 2006 but still was overrated.
The truth is that its already happened.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post...uisville-slate

Louisville will now play North Carolina.

I hope Boise whips the **** out of Georgia.

#L1C4
Old 11-19-2010, 05:06 PM   #5
Wut

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

It is a shame CB but Louisville just has to take one for the team here
Old 11-19-2010, 05:07 PM   #6
Hello ACC!

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
It is a shame CB but Louisville just has to take one for the team here
What?

#L1C4
Old 11-19-2010, 05:15 PM   #7
MVP

boisejames's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
The truth is that its already happened.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post...uisville-slate

Louisville will now play North Carolina.

I hope Boise whips the **** out of Georgia.
Well that's cool. I guess we won't be playing Hawaii next year then. And see, the UGA BSU game will be one of those sponsored kick off games, not a home and home. Looks like another "neutral site" game for Boise State. Vs Georgia in Atlanta.
"A last gasp for the Broncos... Down the middle. To James. THE LATERAL! TO THE CORNER OF THE ENDZONE! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT! "Boise State for the win. They hand it off TO JOHNSON, BOISE STATE HAS WON THE TOSTITOS FIESTA BOWL! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!

NCAA: BSU/GONZ
NFL: GB
NBA: POR
MLB: SEA
Old 11-19-2010, 05:58 PM   #8
Hello ACC!

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Well that's cool. I guess we won't be playing Hawaii next year then. And see, the UGA BSU game will be one of those sponsored kick off games, not a home and home. Looks like another "neutral site" game for Boise State. Vs Georgia in Atlanta.
it is. Georgia gets an extra home game doing this since they don't return the favor to Boise. They'll play next year in the Kickoff Classic and then 2012 in Athens.

#L1C4
Old 11-19-2010, 06:11 PM   #9
C&H

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Inocrrect, you guys aren't playing Ole Miss. You'll play them in 2014 in Atlanta. Georgia and Boise won't meet in 2012 as of yet. Georgia's only said it won't play a BCS conference team with the open spot.

Link

Possibly Sports Related Blog
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
I feel weird for liking a post about exposed penises.

Last edited by TracerBullet; 11-19-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:13 PM   #10
FSU Wins....Again

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Yeah i don't like this whole buying out thing that's been going on, but imo this was a deal Boise or UGA just couldn't pass up.

I said it another thread, but I really want to see a Boise St/LSU game as long as Miles is still the coach cause that would be must see TV imo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »